Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 113715 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot thread
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
what have the police, autozone, and target done for that community?
I think the damage is far more widespread than police, autozone and target. 

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-small-business-owners-pick-up-pieces-after-night-of-destruction/570833292/
Elias Usso got an alert at home around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when an alarm went off at his small pharmacy near Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue.

Then he watched the live security footage on his phone as looters ransacked the Seward Pharmacy shelves, set a small fire in the back and carted out a safe holding prescription drugs. “I saw the whole thing — it was agonizing,” he said Thursday afternoon as workers mopped up floors drenched from sprinklers and boarded up the shattered store windows. “My biggest concern is that my customers won’t be able to get their prescriptions on time. That’s a nightmare for a pharmacist.”

that sucks! I don't like it but I'm also not ready to say the riots shouldn't have happened. It's a complicated moral question
Yeah it's pretty nuanced and more complicated than the simplified "riots are bad" or "riots are the language of the unheard."  Like, the amount of destruction that's happened in Minneapolis is no joke. 

You can pin the root cause of the destruction on the protestors/rioters or the police/system, but the result (destroyed property and the subsequent effect over the next x years) actually sucks for people in that community.  Maybe the destruction on economic damage is worth it, because it's definitely gotten people's attention.  But still, it's come a pretty sizable cost.

It would be nice if, while they're at it, they went and mumped up a bunch of Minnesota's football facility so Klieman could stop getting his ass kicked by Mr. RTB.  That's something I think we can all agree on and requires 0 nuance.

The fact that most if not all of you think this is complicated is the issue. The dehumanization of black and brown people has been happening in this country since white people invaded the continent. The only thing even remotely close to getting people to have broader conversations about this has been civil disobedience. Honestly, at this point it should happen every time. This should have happened when Philando Castile was murdered. When Mohamed Noor shot Justine Damond and was arrested without needing to be prodded by the public and media, and was sent to prison for 12 years, there should have been riots too.

Our tolerance of injustice is much much higher than you white people would be willing to accept. Y'all sent armed people to capitol buildings throughout the country because they were forced to eat takeout from Cracker Barrel.

I absolutely think they should riot! the complicated question is can rioting go too far? I don't think they have, but I imagine it's possible.

Nothing short of murder, we all place too much value on stuff. I will say that I prefer this to what happened in Ferguson, leave the small neighborhood businesses alone. However, rage, by definition, doesn't have a governor.
That's the thing though.  On the one hand you say nothing short of murder is too far.  On the other hand, you say that they shouldn't go after small neighborhood businesses -- something that's absolutely happened:

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-small-business-owners-pick-up-pieces-after-night-of-destruction/570833292/

Just trying to figure out if people think all of this rage is good/neutral, or only some of it.

I also qualified that with the sentence after the one you bolded. No, I don't want black and brown owned businesses to burn, but if these people are truly outraged to the point where they have to do this they aren't taking inventory as to who owns what, that isn't what rage is. When there were scores of rebellions in the forming of this country, they didn't take inventory of what businesses were being damaged, that isn't rebellion.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »
what have the police, autozone, and target done for that community?
I think the damage is far more widespread than police, autozone and target. 

Elias Usso got an alert at home around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when an alarm went off at his small pharmacy near Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue.

Then he watched the live security footage on his phone as looters ransacked the Seward Pharmacy shelves, set a small fire in the back and carted out a safe holding prescription drugs. “I saw the whole thing — it was agonizing,” he said Thursday afternoon as workers mopped up floors drenched from sprinklers and boarded up the shattered store windows. “My biggest concern is that my customers won’t be able to get their prescriptions on time. That’s a nightmare for a pharmacist.”

that sucks! I don't like it but I'm also not ready to say the riots shouldn't have happened. It's a complicated moral question
Yeah it's pretty nuanced and more complicated than the simplified "riots are bad" or "riots are the language of the unheard."  Like, the amount of destruction that's happened in Minneapolis is no joke. 

You can pin the root cause of the destruction on the protestors/rioters or the police/system, but the result (destroyed property and the subsequent effect over the next x years) actually sucks for people in that community.  Maybe the destruction on economic damage is worth it, because it's definitely gotten people's attention.  But still, it's come a pretty sizable cost.

It would be nice if, while they're at it, they went and mumped up a bunch of Minnesota's football facility so Klieman could stop getting his ass kicked by Mr. RTB.  That's something I think we can all agree on and requires 0 nuance.

The fact that most if not all of you think this is complicated is the issue. The dehumanization of black and brown people has been happening in this country since white people invaded the continent. The only thing even remotely close to getting people to have broader conversations about this has been civil disobedience. Honestly, at this point it should happen every time. This should have happened when Philando Castile was murdered. When Mohamed Noor shot Justine Damond and was arrested without needing to be prodded by the public and media, and was sent to prison for 12 years, there should have been riots too.

Our tolerance of injustice is much much higher than you white people would be willing to accept. Y'all sent armed people to capitol buildings throughout the country because they were forced to eat takeout from Cracker Barrel.

I absolutely think they should riot! the complicated question is can rioting go too far? I don't think they have, but I imagine it's possible.

Nothing short of murder, we all place too much value on stuff. I will say that I prefer this to what happened in Ferguson, leave the small neighborhood businesses alone. However, rage, by definition, doesn't have a governor.
That's the thing though.  On the one hand you say nothing short of murder is too far.  On the other hand, you say that they shouldn't go after small neighborhood businesses -- something that's absolutely happened:

Just trying to figure out if people think all of this rage is good/neutral, or only some of it.

I also qualified that with the sentence after the one you bolded. No, I don't want black and brown owned businesses to burn, but if these people are truly outraged to the point where they have to do this they aren't taking inventory as to who owns what, that isn't what rage is. When there were scores of rebellions in the forming of this country, they didn't take inventory of what businesses were being damaged, that isn't rebellion.
Fair enough.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
Just for my own understanding, because i'm pretty torn on this, is there any point short of murder where the riot/protest crosses from the morally neutral "language of the unheard" territory and into "ok this is wrong and needs to be stopped"? 

Nothing until your storm troopers stop killing us. Did the video get posted here of the cops in Texas pointing 6 guns at a man who is laying down crying, "I'm cooperating, please don't kill me" then those same cops pushing down his 90 year old grandmother trying to shield him from potential bullets? That happened two days after the George Floyd video was made public.

I'd be scared shitless on the daily MIR.  It's not something I can even fathom honestly.

https://twitter.com/4TheCulture____/status/1265814101634228225

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »
Just for my own understanding, because i'm pretty torn on this, is there any point short of murder where the riot/protest crosses from the morally neutral "language of the unheard" territory and into "ok this is wrong and needs to be stopped"? 

Nothing until your storm troopers stop killing us.
My storm troopers?

Don't even bother.   That idiot thinks there's some hotline white people call that sends in the .000000008% of the population that thinks its okay to carry automatic weapons over to the capital building and that every white person is on the whole operation and approves of their actions.

BTW DQ:   The Cow Jumps Over the River (repeat) The Cow Jumps Over the River

No surprise to see where dax aims his moist pointed anger in all of this. Again, I'll give you full credit for transparency.

I'm always willing to point out a total nutjob.

When you are saying complete bullshit like "y'all sendin . . . ", but rolling out that BS is 1000% MIR BAU.

Are black people in charge of what these cops do, are they answering to us our to your people?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:49 PM »
The riots when these cops are acquitted will be nut(s).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2020, 03:18:56 PM »

Nothing until your storm troopers stop killing us.
My storm troopers?

Don't even bother.   That idiot thinks there's some hotline white people call that sends in the .000000008% of the population that thinks its okay to carry automatic weapons over to the capital building and that every white person is on the whole operation and approves of their actions.

BTW DQ:   The Cow Jumps Over the River (repeat) The Cow Jumps Over the River

No surprise to see where dax aims his moist pointed anger in all of this. Again, I'll give you full credit for transparency.

I'm always willing to point out a total nutjob.

When you are saying complete bullshit like "y'all sendin . . . ", but rolling out that BS is 1000% MIR BAU.

Are black people in charge of what these cops do, are they answering to us our to your people?

Where I live black people control every seat of power in the city/county:  Mayor, Chief of Police, Sheriff, DA, majority on both city council and county commission.   

I started to write a big long response.  We have bad people in law enforcement, we need to get them out, I don't know how that's going to be done.   The majority of bad cops are equal opportunity assholes, and there are some racists.    By acquaintance I knew a lot of cops in North Carolina and with my job I deal regularly with people in law enforcement.   I can pick out the power trippers pretty easily.   People of every race in this country are experiencing unarmed death by cop and absolutely unnecessary assault by cops.   Is it disproportionate?  Probably so.  How many issues go unreported and undocumented? 

The vast majority of white people are disgusted by all of this, and the vast majority of white people are not down with "tactical" culture or self declarative "free men" roaming the streets with automatic weapons.   The good cops I know can't stand those guys either, BTW. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
This should help.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

I'm Barack Hussein Obama and I approve this message...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/04/29/obama-white-house-baltimore-stephanie-rawlings-blake/26585143/

Obama stands by the term 'thugs,' White House says

President Obama doesn't regret using the term "thug" in describing the violent rioters in Baltimore this week, spokesman Josh Earnest said Wednesday.

"Whether it's arson or, you know, the looting of a liquor store ... those were thuggish acts," Earnest said.

In discussing the riots Tuesday, Obama assailed the "criminals and thugs who tore up the place," and described them as a distraction from the real issues of police brutality.

Some critics ascribe racial connotations to the word "thug" -- Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake walked back the term earlier this week -- but Obama doesn't agree, officials said.

:bwpopcorn:
bears are fast...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2020, 04:09:17 PM »
Obama should have regretted that

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »
The riots when these cops are acquitted will be nut(s).

Check with Soros, but they should be right around Halloween.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2020, 05:23:34 PM »
I think the 3 officers holding him down is going to make this worse. They’re going to get their trials broke up. Each will claim that they weren’t the one that caused his death. The cop kneeling on his neck will say the cop kneeling on his back was the one that caused him not to be able to take full breaths, thus causing the distress that lead to death.

I saw the same thing in Hays. 3 guys beat another guy to death. 2 threatened 1 that they’d kill him if he talked. Later the 2 each threatened each other. Because of the threats all 3 got separate trials. Each claimed they other cause the death. The most any of them got was 4 years.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The riot thread
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2020, 05:26:07 PM »
I mean, this isn’t a law and order episode with two identical twins, one of whom murdered someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2020, 07:58:59 PM »
 Not sure what this is about.

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1266523296872501253?s=21

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2020, 09:02:46 PM »
That stuff in Atlanta could have gotten worse. Protest going on at the plaza right now and is peaceful so far.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2020, 09:17:33 PM »
That stuff in Atlanta could have gotten worse. Protest going on at the plaza right now and is peaceful so far.
This is from 7 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/mattwsb/status/1266552211900968961?s=21

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2020, 09:35:44 PM »
bears are fast...

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »
We’ve got a civil war in the United States, started by the Dems and fortunately I agree with Inevitable_ET

https://twitter.com/inevitable_et/status/1266560564274188289
bears are fast...

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2020, 09:52:15 PM »
We’ve got a civil war in the United States, started by the Dems and fortunately I agree with Inevitable_ET

STFU dude.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »

STFU dude.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:03 PM »
Anybody laid off or furloughed?  Soros is hiring.

https://twitter.com/wearethemillies/status/1266261904420335616
bears are fast...

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2020, 10:10:49 PM »
LMAOOOOO

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog