Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4088720 times)

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16725 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
i'm usually pretty good with analysis and stuff like that, but i can't make any headway on the issue of whether having ku & mu separated by conference is good for kstate or not.

obviously losing a long-term conference rival is bad, monetarily.  i mean competitively.

It will help, KU v MU defined the metro.  MU could lose some luster if they don't play KU at all, are not successful in the SEC and play in the SEC East

Traditionally I have like to watch MU & KU when they are on TV or listen to their games on the radio when they are not playing the Cats. If MU leaves, I will never do that again.  If all KU & KSU fans in the metro do the same, I wonder what will happen to their KC Metro numbers.

I would imagine KU fans will still listen to/watch MU play. I watch NU more now than when they were in the conference.

I don't. Flashed to NU breifly during Wisky and Bucky games to check scores. Probably won't even do that much more.  Also, I switch radio stations whnever 810 or 610 have a Nubb segment. The only reason I have any interest in NU is to see them fail.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16727 on: October 21, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
i'm usually pretty good with analysis and stuff like that, but i can't make any headway on the issue of whether having ku & mu separated by conference is good for kstate or not.

obviously losing a long-term conference rival is bad, monetarily.  i mean competitively.

It will help, KU v MU defined the metro.  MU could lose some luster if they don't play KU at all, are not successful in the SEC and play in the SEC East

Traditionally I have like to watch MU & KU when they are on TV or listen to their games on the radio when they are not playing the Cats. If MU leaves, I will never do that again.  If all KU & KSU fans in the metro do the same, I wonder what will happen to their KC Metro numbers.

I would imagine KU fans will still listen to/watch MU play. I watch NU more now than when they were in the conference.

Most KU fans I know in KC barely watch KU play

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »

It will help, KU v MU defined the metro.  MU could lose some luster if they don't play KU at all, are not successful in the SEC and play in the SEC East

Not just talking about FB here guis.  I'm sure the early facination to watch MU get stomped for bragging purposes will keep the numbers up.  After awhile of that, non-MU interest in KC will fall hard.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16729 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
Mizzou is going to get the absolute crap beat out of them in football and basketball.  If they go to the SEC east, in football they will clearly be behind

UGA
UF
SC

on par (maybe..)
Vandy
Tenn

Better than
UK

In basketball, clearly behind:

UF
Tenn
Vandy
UK

On par with
UGA
SC

In FB, I would rank the MU job better than only Vandy, Ky and the Miss schools, every other job has clear advantages and even the Miss schools are in the state that produces the most NFL players per capita. 

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16730 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »
Anyone just see Louisville fans all  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: to Sandtorm?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16731 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »
[. The only reason I have any interest in NU is to see them fail.

This

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16732 on: October 21, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
Anyone just see Louisville fans all  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: to Sandtorm?  :horrorsurprise:

It led them to victory
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16733 on: October 21, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »

Not just talking about FB here guis.  I'm sure the early facination to watch MU get stomped for bragging purposes will keep the numbers up.  After awhile of that, non-MU interest in KC will fall hard.

The novelty of watching a 38-14 loss to LSU will wear off fast.  Unless Mizzou has immediate success they will be an after thought really soon in this town.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:36 AM »

It will help, KU v MU defined the metro.  MU could lose some luster if they don't play KU at all, are not successful in the SEC and play in the SEC East

I don't. Flashed to NU breifly during Wisky and Bucky games to check scores. Probably won't even do that much more.  Also, I switch radio stations whnever 810 or 610 have a Nubb segment. The only reason I have any interest in NU is to see them fail.

That's my point. We all watch because we want to see them fail now more than ever.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16736 on: October 22, 2011, 01:20:21 AM »

That's my point. We all watch because we want to see them fail now more than ever.

I watched the Wisc game.  I don't think watching to see them fail is going to work out too well.  The B10 isn't that great and NU should do well.  The only hope of them failing is if they stop getting kids from Texas, because it will be hard for them to pull the kids out of OH an Penn.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
MU has the votes (has always had the votes).  Has to play in East (lol)

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/missouri_speeds_up_path_to_sec.html

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16738 on: October 22, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »
MU has the votes (has always had the votes).  Has to play in East (lol)

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/missouri_speeds_up_path_to_sec.html

:lol:
Quote from: comments
exactly...these are NOT southeastern locations.......whats next?? change the conference name to 'WBF'? WE BE FOOTBALL? this is embarassing. lets just create a football school, wait, we are.............

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16740 on: October 22, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »
http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/oct/22/report-missouri-has-enough-sec-votes/

Should the Tigers land in the Eastern Division, that means their new annual division opponents will be Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. The SEC uses a 5-1-2 scheduling policy where each team plays its five fellow division members every season, plus one permanent rival from the other division and two rotating opponents from the other division. Arkansas would appear to be the most natural geographic rival to become Missouri's fixed opponent from the Western Division.

Here's how the current cross-division fixed rivalries look:
 Alabama-Tennessee
 Arkansas-South Carolina
 Auburn-Georgia
 LSU-Florida
 Mississippi-Vanderbilt
 Mississippi State-Kentucky

I hope those idiots DO get Arkansas as their cross-division rival....but they'll probably get aTm. 

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16743 on: October 22, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/oct/22/report-missouri-has-enough-sec-votes/

Should the Tigers land in the Eastern Division, that means their new annual division opponents will be Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. The SEC uses a 5-1-2 scheduling policy where each team plays its five fellow division members every season, plus one permanent rival from the other division and two rotating opponents from the other division. Arkansas would appear to be the most natural geographic rival to become Missouri's fixed opponent from the Western Division.

Here's how the current cross-division fixed rivalries look:
 Alabama-Tennessee
 Arkansas-South Carolina
 Auburn-Georgia
 LSU-Florida
 Mississippi-Vanderbilt
 Mississippi State-Kentucky

I hope those idiots DO get Arkansas as their cross-division rival....but they'll probably get aTm. 

There's no way they get A&M.  Someone from the East will call dibs on Texas kids.

Missouri is going to get the short end of every stick because, even now, at best 66% of the schools actually want them to begin with.  Alabama is just kind of like, "LOL whatever."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: October 22, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
 :lol: at them actually playing in the east division. I always thought that was kind of a joke because it would be so embarrassing if it actually happened.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: October 22, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
:lol: at them actually playing in the east division. I always thought that was kind of a joke because it would be so embarrassing if it actually happened.
yeah, all because they r supposedly leaving in part for equal treatment.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
WTF? :surprised:

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/10/big_east_mwc_c-.html

and not a single eff was given

West Virginia is not included in this plan, with the assumption being the Mountaineers would be headed to the Big 12

My personal pref is to go get UL and Cincy as well, but whatev..

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16747 on: October 22, 2011, 03:30:41 PM »

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/10/big_east_mwc_c-.html

West Virginia is not included in this plan, with the assumption being the Mountaineers would be headed to the Big 12

Big East came out and said they'd never even heard of that plan.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: October 22, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »

Big East came out and said they'd never even heard of that plan.

Those sly dogs, I see what they're doing, I see right through them.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: October 22, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »
I really wonder why the SEC is targeting Mizzou.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting