Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63792 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
Sw is dom without the defense, fouls, and rebounding.

Slightly better mid range jumper. Maybe.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
Overall, I think Angel is the better player between him and Tay. Of course. When Tay plays, I don't ever feel there are glaring mistakes, which there were plenty for Angel last night. I would have liked to see Tay get more PT.

I know it was probably just my perception, but it seemed like Angel would eff up, get  taken out, then as soon as the next dead ball, he was back in again. I didn't rough ridin' get it, didn't get it at all. This probably took away my ability to look at his game objectively. I just know that if Tay had played more and we lost, I would not have been thinking if Angel had played more we would have won.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »
Overall, I think Angel is the better player between him and Tay. Of course. When Tay plays, I don't ever feel there are glaring mistakes, which there were plenty for Angel last night. I would have liked to see Tay get more PT.

I know it was probably just my perception, but it seemed like Angel would eff up, get  taken out, then as soon as the next dead ball, he was back in again. I didn't rough ridin' get it, didn't get it at all. This probably took away my ability to look at his game objectively. I just know that if Tay had played more and we lost, I would not have been thinking if Angel had played more we would have won.

Angel was always coming right back into the game because KU was always extending their lead when he went to the bench.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
2008-2009

Buchi Awaji  -  SG
Abdul Herrera  -  C

2009-2010

Jordan Henriquez Roberts – C
Martavious Irving – PG
Wally Judge -  PF
Rodney McGruder – SG
Nick Russell - SG

2010-2011

Freddy Asprilla – C
Juevol Myles – PG
Shane Southwell -  SF
Will Spradling – PG
Nino Williams - SF

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
2010-2011

Freddy Asprilla – C
Juevol Myles – PG
Shane Southwell -  SF
Will Spradling – PG
Nino Williams - SF

Still hurts to look at.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:39 PM »

Angel was always coming right back into the game because KU was always extending their lead when he went to the bench.

Really? I mean, really?  I mean seriously, really? . . .

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
I just know that if Tay had played more and we lost, I would not have been thinking if Angel had played more we would have won.

i remember how satisfied the board was after the ou road loss.  "we lost sure, but i loved the roster mgmt.", we all said.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »
High major, high impact point gaurds are so hard to recruit everybody wants them, there is not alot of them and they are finky during their recruitment, if you have one your during pretty well. If Naadir Tharpe doesn't pan out, ku won't have any average big 12 point gaurd. Should be happy we have Angle and look forward to his dominance!!!!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »
If Naadir Tharpe doesn't pan out, ku won't have any average big 12 point gaurd.

it kinda proves your point about how hard it is to get elite pgs, but johnson will be a senior next year and was a 5 star pg recruit.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
I just know that if Tay had played more and we lost, I would not have been thinking if Angel had played more we would have won.

i remember how satisfied the board was after the ou road loss.  "we lost sure, but i loved the roster mgmt.", we all said.

Count me out of that board discussion please..  We lost that game because we were atrocious everywhere.  Roster mgmt had no bearing on that game.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Count me out of that board discussion please..  We lost that game because we were atrocious everywhere.  Roster mgmt had no bearing on that game.

purplenutz, i doubt if i will remember your name when you next post, but i should, because you are smarter than most posters.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »

purplenutz, i doubt if i will remember your name when you next post, but i should, because you are smarter than most posters.

Sweet! Finally . . . I've been quoted by sys :blush:  And I previously thought that being quoted by Steve Dave was the pinnacle. :lol:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Angel Rodriguez can do whatever the F%CK he wants out there.
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »
3 posessions, stupid stupid decisions, selfish stupid shot w/Jamar wide open.

He cant guard anybody, he turns the ball over like its his job. Just murdered momentum repeatedly tonight, over and over.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=153094263&mid=153094263&sid=889&style=2

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Rodriguez can do whatever the F%CK he wants out there.
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »
I didn't read all of that, but I feel like I've heard all the talking points used about Angel/Frank before.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
merged.  with several of our posters doing their best GPC impression.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:03 AM »
"Having Angel and Will (Spradling) at the guards gives us two guys that have the ability to be high assist guys. Martavious (Irving) is more of a slasher, an attack kind of guy, which is why I like to have him coming off the bench. I feel we are at our best with those two guys (Rodriguez and Spradling) at guard right now."

Asked about the recent stretch of games, Martin said, "That circular orange thing finding that piece of twin that hangs at the rim. That is the one thing that is missing." He added, "It's hard to beat anybody if the ball does not go into the basket. It is impossible to beat at top-five team if you do not make shots. You have to make shots."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
I would really enjoy it if Angel would figure out how to get around screens at this level. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2012, 03:03:22 PM »
I would really enjoy it if Angel would figure out how to get around screens at this level. 

fuuuuuuuuck you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
:lol:

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »

He cant guard anybody, he turns the ball over like its his job. Just murdered momentum repeatedly tonight, over and over.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=153094263&mid=153094263&sid=889&style=2

May have lost the KU game (in some opinions)...but no way we win today without Angel.  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
I think it's safe to say he's better than Sherron at this point in each of their careers

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »

fuuuuuuuuck you.
would it be better if I included an exception for Acy giving him the forearm shiver?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »

May have lost the KU game (in some opinions)...but no way we win today without Angel.  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

He tried to throw it away.  That terrible drive at the end, and the travel.   :facepalm:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
what terrible drive at the end?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »
what terrible drive at the end?

He lost it in the lane once when we were stalling and said "Here angel, do something with 10 seconds left on the shot clock".