Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63790 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »
that's the stupidest thing i have ever read

maybe :dunno:

Quote from: Pendergast
What? The? eff?  Angel was aggressive and pissed all game.  Kill his psyche?  No sir.

How'd that work out for him?  (rough ridin' awful on offense is the answer, btw.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
He will be all conference his junior year.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
freshmen. live and learn.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
The only people who ever worry or should worry about bullshit like that are the parents of 8-10 year olds.

Yes.  Should.  But we are K-State.  There's a reason every rough ridin' game at Allen Fieldhouse plays out the exact same way.  We are not immune to psychological damage.  :sdeek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »

No, he created opportunities turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover.

Fixed it for you.

We didn't have a better option.  Not sure why this is confusing.   :dunno:

eff this.  Angel is playing because he is our future, not because he played better than someone else could have.  Figure it the eff out.  he was rough ridin' horrible tonight and to defend him is ludicrous.  Frank was furious with his play, but it's growing pains.  I just wish he would rough ridin' learn from his mistakes instead of doing the same crap over and over and rough ridin' over.

There may have been fewer turnovers but I don't think the net result would have been better with Tay or Shane taking minutes from Angel. It's like Self isn't going to sit Tyshawn for the random PG after Elijah Johnson just because he has 10 turnovers against MU.

I will say this....if our pg would have had 7 assists, 3 turnovers and 6 points, we would have won this game.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »
that's the stupidest thing i have ever read

maybe :dunno:

Quote from: Pendergast
What? The? eff?  Angel was aggressive and pissed all game.  Kill his psyche?  No sir.

How'd that work out for him?  (rough ridin' awful on offense is the answer, btw.)

Woooooh nelly.  Let me get turned around here, I've got to catch up with your misdirection.  Weren't we talking about the effect of this game on the future?  Future?  Fuuuutttttuuuurreeee????

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »
I'm not disagreeing.  We likely wouldn't have won but who knows.  His play was awful.  we can't win with pg play like that....won't happen.

Actually considering we only lost by 6 we could have very easily won w/ PG play like that.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
Freshmen point guards.
When was the last time KU started a freshman at point? Miles, I'd guess.
Recruiting misses at guard is killing us. Really wish we had a shooting guard coming in.

A million times this.  Misses and running guys off the last few years have led to us having to count on a freshman pg. Its prob going to cost us the tourney.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
Quote from: fuktard
I will say this....if our pg would have had 7 assists, 3 turnovers and 6 points, we would have won this game.

Exactly. And it's not too much to ask that your point guard score six points.

Or even one.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »
If our pg had 28 pts 10 assists and 38 rb we would have won too

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
Was his defense that good?  He guarded Tyshawn a lot, and Tyshawn had a pretty solid line. :dunno:

It is reasonable to say that we need Angel to play well for us to be good, but I think it is unreasonable to leave him on the floor and have the offense running through him when he is playing so poorly on offense.
:adios:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
Was his defense that good?  He guarded Tyshawn a lot, and Tyshawn had a pretty solid line. :dunno:

It is reasonable to say that we need Angel to play well for us to be good, but I think it is unreasonable to leave him on the floor and have the offense running through him when he is playing so poorly on offense.

This.  Except that I would argue not that it's unreasonable, but that it's rough ridin' inexcusable coaching. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »
Was his defense that good?  He guarded Tyshawn a lot, and Tyshawn had a pretty solid line. :dunno:

yeah, he was pretty good.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »
I'm not disagreeing.  We likely wouldn't have won but who knows.  His play was awful.  we can't win with pg play like that....won't happen.

Actually considering we only lost by 6 we could have very easily won w/ PG play like that.

Not sure I understand your argument....we DIDN"T win.  What am I missing?  

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »
What's the score if Tay plays Angels minutes?

Remember how we looked in the second half against UT and the first half tonight?  No one penetrating the defense, no one a threat to penetrate the defense, just passing the ball 25 feet out and then throwing up a shot and hope the huge get it.  We would have has 35 minutes of that.

Why aren't people asking about Tay playing Will's minutes, did I miss something about his game?

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
If our pg had 28 pts 10 assists and 38 rb we would have won too

REALLY great retort.  Well thought out.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
RT for truf
I would have like to see Tay take more of Spradling's minutes, honestly. When he's not hitting shots and taking charges, he's pretty worthless. I think he just needs more confidence, but it's hard to gain confidence when you are afraid to take open shots.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »
We did a helluva job stopping Robinson, but Withey stepped up big and TT was too much for a freshman guard.  Meh.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
Why aren't people asking about Tay playing Will's minutes, did I miss something about his game?

Will kept the team in the game from what I saw.  That's why, mostly.

catzacker

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »
His defense was not good.  Neither was his offense.  He sucked tonight and the angeltards who can't admit that are rough ridin' idiots.  He sucked.  He wasn't the only one, but he was the worst at a position we can't afford to be awful at.  Just because he rolled on the floor with NMT doesn't mean he is going to be a good point guard.  His decision making when he isn't driving the lane is entirely worse than pullen when he was a freshman.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »
So people get mad saying the players are timid because frank will pull them, and when he lets them play through their mistakes, they get mad for not pulling him?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
JO was pretty good tonight, would have been even better if the guards would have dumped to him for more DOBS
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »
His defense was not good.  Neither was his offense.  He sucked tonight and the angeltards who can't admit that are rough ridin' idiots.  He sucked.  He wasn't the only one, but he was the worst at a position we can't afford to be awful at.  Just because he rolled on the floor with NMT doesn't mean he is going to be a good point guard.  His decision making when he isn't driving the lane is entirely worse than pullen when he was a freshman.

He played a below average game offensively, and his below average game is better than anyone else's. I agree his decision making is worse than our all-time leading scorer who played with two NBA frontcourt players at the same point in their careers.

I'm not disagreeing.  We likely wouldn't have won but who knows.  His play was awful.  we can't win with pg play like that....won't happen.

Not sure I understand your argument....we DIDN"T win.  What am I missing? 

you said we can't. We can, even though we didn't. Not that hard.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:26 PM »
eff this.  Angel is playing because he is our future, not because he played better than someone else could have.  Figure it the eff out.  he was rough ridin' horrible tonight and to defend him is ludicrous.  Frank was furious with his play, but it's growing pains.  I just wish he would rough ridin' learn from his mistakes instead of doing the same crap over and over and rough ridin' over.

I get the "he's our future" point, and it might be worthwhile to leave him in in a game of less importance. But really, if the point is to develop him, why the eff would he embarrass him for two hours straight like that? It's going to kill his psyche next year when he plays KU.  Leaving him in to embarrass himself all night, in my opinion, makes it more likely that he'll suck again next year vs. KU because of a damaged psyche than that he'll come out and kick ass because he's got more experience.  

The only people who ever worry or should worry about bullshit like that are the parents of 8-10 year olds.

My kid is 3 and I PI the crap out of her every chance I get so people won't worry about her psyche.  People like ar-t laugh at stupid crap like that.  Angel isn't the type of dude that would spend weeks whining over something like turf color.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »
Freshmen point guards.
When was the last time KU started a freshman at point? Miles, I'd guess.
Recruiting misses at guard is killing us. Really wish we had a shooting guard coming in.

A million times this.  Misses and running guys off the last few years have led to us having to count on a freshman pg. Its prob going to cost us the tourney.

Tyshawn Taylor started 33 games his freshman year.  Technically fat Sherron was the point guard.  Could you imagine how good Angel would be this year if he got to play next to Sherron instead of Will?