Author Topic: Malek gone...  (Read 63141 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Malek gone...
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
I know it's KSU and not a big media market, but this would be a great story for a competent journalist to investigate.  Too bad there aren't any associated with Kansas collegiate sports.  And the fake ones like Kitchen are even worse, although in his case it's likely not so much laziness as it is pure lack of intelligence.

Yeah, I've got a feeling when Currie's gone, the war stories are going to be pretty ugly. One gets the sense that our AD is being run in a very unconventional way that is counterproductive to departmental success.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
I know it's KSU and not a big media market, but this would be a great story for a competent journalist to investigate.  Too bad there aren't any associated with Kansas collegiate sports.  And the fake ones like Kitchen are even worse, although in his case it's likely not so much laziness as it is pure lack of intelligence.
i don't think any of them are lazy(besides fitz), but they're all shockingly dumb.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
i don't think any of them are lazy(besides fitz), but they're all shockingly dumb subservient.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2015, 11:57:47 AM »
I mean even if (IF) all these dismissals are because our team is filled with drug-addled spoiled athletes, this happened under oscar's watch.  This was all coming to fruition in front of him.  It clearly shows he has no connection with this team and has no idea what is going on inside of HIS program.

I think only at KSU (out of all of the P5 schools) could a situation like this happen and actually make the coach's job more secure!

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Its like oscar is on a witch hunt. MHK Witch trials.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2015, 12:02:05 PM »
I mean even if (IF) all these dismissals are because our team is filled with drug-addled spoiled athletes, this happened under oscar's watch.  This was all coming to fruition in front of him.  It clearly shows he has no connection with this team and has no idea what is going on inside of HIS program.

I think only at KSU (out of all of the P5 schools) could a situation like this happen and actually make the coach's job more secure!

I don't think most people are doubling down on oscar after this. Most people have a brain. Obviously there is going to be a segment of our fanbase that can't be persuaded with any amount of evidence, but I think the swing votes are definitely against oscar now.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
If Currie does have any actual aspirations of moving to bigger job (not sure if he does), then he really can't fire oscar. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »
If Currie does have any actual aspirations of moving to bigger job (not sure if he does), then he really can't fire oscar.

He very effectively moved Frank on down the road without firing him. I'm sure the same thing could be accomplished with oscar.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2015, 12:13:47 PM »

He very effectively moved Frank on down the road without firing him. I'm sure the same thing could be accomplished with oscar.

Well he is doing again, but who is going to want to work for him?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »

Best case scenario would be a nice Haith'ing.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »
I would think he would have to. Right now he'd be seen as an AD who ran off a successful coach and made a puzzling hire that quickly went to crap.
Firing oscar would give him cred of being able to admit he was wrong and right the ship. He can start a whispering campaign like he did after Frank left. I'm sure there is a lot there.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »
At some point a good old fashioned Compliance'ing turns into a classic can't handle your people'ing.  Not a good look for John.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2015, 12:17:11 PM »
HEY DIPSHITS! WHAT COACH, IN THEIR RIGHT MIND, AT THIS POINT IN THE YEAR, IS GOING TO WANT TO TAKE OVER THIS crap SHOW???

I'll tell you who. Nobody. Nobody that we would want in any stretch of the imagination. oscar's gross ineptitude has probably kept his seat safe for at least one season.  This is a coaching case study in "go big or go home"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »
we just need everyone to agree on the "go big or go home"-thing. not everyone does at this point.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:51 PM »
I would think he would have to. Right now he'd be seen as an AD who ran off a successful coach and made a puzzling hire that quickly went to crap.
Firing oscar would give him cred of being able to admit he was wrong and right the ship. He can start a whispering campaign like he did after Frank left. I'm sure there is a lot there.
I dunno, I think firing oscar would show that he had to fire his only significant hire in less than five years after a very shoddy hiring process.  It would show him as a weak director who caved under the pressure.  The first questions a competent reporter would ask are " Well, why did you hire him in the first place?" and "What did you see that made you believe he wouldn't repeat the same mistakes?".  I am not sure there is a good answer there.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
"So crazy, it may just work!"

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:54 PM »
HEY DIPSHITS! WHAT COACH, IN THEIR RIGHT MIND, AT THIS POINT IN THE YEAR, IS GOING TO WANT TO TAKE OVER THIS crap SHOW???

I'll tell you who. Nobody. Nobody that we would want in any stretch of the imagination. oscar's gross ineptitude has probably kept his seat safe for at least one season.  This is a coaching case study in "go big or go home"
no crap, oscar is not going to get fired now, after next year, or the year after

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

Wouldn't some other program have to be interested in oscar for that to work?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2015, 12:28:26 PM »
I dunno, I think firing oscar would show that he had to fire his only significant hire in less than five years after a very shoddy hiring process.  It would show him as a weak director who caved under the pressure.  The first questions a competent reporter would ask are " Well, why did you hire him in the first place?" and "What did you see that made you believe he wouldn't repeat the same mistakes?".  I am not sure there is a good answer there.

tom izzo and gene keady told him it was a great hire.  also no one else would say bad things about 'ruce that he talked to.  #answered
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »

tom izzo and gene keady told him it was a great hire.  also no one else would say bad things about 'ruce that he talked to.  #answered
#spinzone
#deflected

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »
Remember when the national sports media used to report on K-State basketball?  Seems like decades ago, but this guy had it right (I don't know if he's still with Fox Sports, but it'd be great if he'd do a follow-up article):

http://www.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-State-Wildcats-oscar-Weber-Frank-Martin-John-Currie-new-hire-spells-big-trouble-040112

" Give John Currie credit for this much. He pulled a fast one when much of the college basketball world was looking elsewhere.

On the weekend of the Final Four, shortly after successfully pushing his program’s remarkably successful head basketball coach out of Kansas State and on to what is, at best, a lateral move, Currie brought in a new guy who will serve John Currie very, very well.

As for serving Kansas State, the school for which Currie serves as athletic director, and the fans he theoretically has been hired to represent? Not so much.

That’s the takeaway from Frank Martin’s exit and oscar Weber’s arrival at a basketball program Martin made into an unexpected perennial winner: Potentially very good for John Currie. Most likely disastrous for Kansas State.
[...]
But here's what Currie and Kansas State really have: A head basketball coach Currie chose after running out a stone-cold winner, a new coach who might help Currie get a better job who knows how to take other coaches’ recruits and win with them before his own guys have to play and his teams’ levels of excellence wanes."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

Did you guys see that football stadium construction?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »
You guys got it all wrong. Currie is going to make sure oscar fails next year so he can fire him and bring in Underwood.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »

Does Currie just hate basketball? Does he hate us?  :bawl:

He did help get us the practice facility, but that might have just been his boner for buildings (he suffers from HUGE B4B).

disagree. i think he likes wearing weird hats. building a new building allows him to wear a hard hat and he rough ridin' loves that.

lol