Author Topic: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!  (Read 50551 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
Yeah edn, death is my personal litmus test on discrimination.    :rolleyes:
I've been trying to get you to articulate, something other then gays don't have it that bad.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2015, 11:05:14 AM »

Yeah, I was going to respond to Edna's latest response, but it's just pointless. There is no reasoning with completely irrational people. Moving on...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »

Yeah, I was going to respond to Edna's latest response, but it's just pointless. There is no reasoning with completely irrational people. Moving on...

Says the guy who can't even understand why gays want rights.  Rational constructs are hard to grasp when you blindingly follow ideologues.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2015, 11:35:27 AM »

Says the guy who can't even understand why gays want rights.  Rational constructs are hard to grasp when you blindingly follow ideologues.

Damn it, my resolution to not engage lasted all of 15 minutes. Just to clarify, I completely understand why gays want the right to marry.

But I also understand why devout Christians (and Muslims, etc.) feel it offends their religious principles to support gay marriage. I think both viewpoints are valid, and I think both sides should be respectful of each other's beliefs. There are openly gay commentators who agree with me. But for you, if a Christian baker doesn't want to make a friggin' cake for a gay wedding, rather than the couple patronizing a different business, it must be SHAME! BIGOT! CONFORM OR CLOSE! You're so twisted that you can't see your own intolerance.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »
I've been trying to get you to articulate, something other then gays don't have it that bad.

I haven't said that or even implied that.

*still refuses to say how much discrimination is necessary before he'll give a eff about gay rights.*

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »

Damn it, my resolution to not engage lasted all of 15 minutes. Just to clarify, I completely understand why gays want the right to marry.

But I also understand why devout Christians (and Muslims, etc.) feel it offends their religious principles to support gay marriage. I think both viewpoints are valid, and I think both sides should be respectful of each other's beliefs. There are openly gay commentators who agree with me. But for you, if a Christian baker doesn't want to make a friggin' cake for a gay wedding, rather than the couple patronizing a different business, it must be SHAME! BIGOT! CONFORM OR CLOSE! You're so twisted that you can't see your own intolerance.

Can't gay rights activists choose who they want to boycott?  Are you saying that someone has to go shop there even if they think their religious beliefs are nuts?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »
we have outrage over outrage over intolerance against intolerance.

This thread has it all.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »
yeah, very good stuff in this thread.  if only someone could mod some of it to the edn stuff thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2015, 03:06:30 PM »
 :Wha:Makes you want to jam a bumble bee up your butt to calm down.  Just read on Fox News that Apple CEO is leading the agitation in Indiana saying the state is mean to gays.  Meantime his company is selling products in Islamic countries where they execute someone for being gay.  Seems like a big time double standard.  Meanwhile the pizza martyrs are threatened.  One incensed teacher of antihetro beliefs said he would burn the pizzaria and everyone in it down.  Who is doing the hate?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »
Just read on Fox News that Apple CEO is leading the agitation in Indiana saying the state is mean to gays.  Meantime his company is selling products in Islamic countries where they execute someone for being gay.

this isn't a bad point.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2015, 04:11:33 PM »

This is the fundamental issues your side fails to grasp.  No one is asking you to support their marriage.  They are asking to be left the eff alone.  Your side instead makes it a constitutional issue because your bigotry is founded in the belief that you have the right and authority to tell them their way of life is wrong and should be condemned.  For christ sake look at the progress of these laws, and your supporters make no bones about it, its in direct challenge to states who have had their bans on same sex marriage quashed. 

And it is intolerance.  Intolerance of hate and oppression. That is what is so twisted about your view.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
Your side condones [the constitutional right to say whatever bad person thing you want to say] bigotry.
My side supports [a police state with censorship and civil rights for a selected few] tolerance.

-Edna
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »

This is the fundamental issues your side fails to grasp.  No one is asking you to support their marriage.  They are asking to be left the eff alone.

That's an interesting take. See, if somebody comes into my shop and demands that I bake a cake for a ceremony that I find morally wrong, and threatens a lawsuit if I don't do it, it doesn't seem like that customer "just wants to be left alone." Now the store owner? Yeah, he wants to be left alone.

So are you saying that both sides should just agree to "leave each other the eff alone?" I think the Christians would be good with that. Something tells me you won't be.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »
The bizarro version of the current state of "gay rights" activism, is that guy who thinks this is all a ploy to force regular people to have gay sex. 

It's unfounded, irrational and obnoxious, and strikingly familiar to an unsolicited conversation you with an old guy one time when buying zigzags at 3 am at a Circle K in Unionville, Missouruh.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »

This is the fundamental issues your side fails to grasp.  No one is asking you to support their marriage.  They are asking to be left the eff alone.

That's an interesting take. See, if somebody comes into my shop and demands that I bake a cake for a ceremony that I find morally wrong, and threatens a lawsuit if I don't do it, it doesn't seem like that customer "just wants to be left alone." Now the store owner? Yeah, he wants to be left alone.

So are you saying that both sides should just agree to "leave each other the eff alone?" I think the Christians would be good with that. Something tells me you won't be.

So everyone who chooses can boycott that business though.  I am good with that.  If your "i think gay people are wrong" base outweighs your "I don't think it's wrong and I am going to tell my friends to avoid your store" base, they win.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »

So everyone who chooses can boycott that business though.  I am good with that.  If your "i think gay people are wrong" base outweighs your "I don't think it's wrong and I am going to tell my friends to avoid your store" base, they win.

Yeah I'm good with that approach. Take your money elsewhere. It does get a little noxious though when massive companies, like Apple and Walmart get in the mix, when they do tons of business with countries that have far worse records on gay rights. The hypocrisy is gross. I include the NCAA in the mix, too, which makes hundreds of millions off licensing of apparel made in those same countries.

And again, those companies weren't boycotting the businesses - they were threatening to boycott an entire state based on passing a NEUTRAL law that simply codified a legal balancing test. That seems wrong to me.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »

Yeah I'm good with that approach. Take your money elsewhere. It does get a little noxious though when massive companies, like Apple and Walmart get in the mix, when they do tons of business with countries that have far worse records on gay rights. The hypocrisy is gross. I include the NCAA in the mix, too, which makes hundreds of millions off licensing of apparel made in those same countries.

And again, those companies weren't boycotting the businesses - they were threatening to boycott an entire state based on passing a NEUTRAL law that simply codified a legal balancing test. That seems wrong to me.

*ITP: makes really great points about hypocrisy, shits his pants when he calls a law neutral that is in no way neutral*

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »

You and your friends should stop buying apple and going to Wal-mart.  You should rally like minded individuals to do same.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:19:51 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
I try not to support any business that has it's own religion or morals. If you think your business is a person with its own moral code, I'd rather not support you.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »
I try not to support any business that has it's own religion or morals. If you think your business is a person with its own moral code, I'd rather not support you.

Adam Smith has got this

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
 :bawl:

It's too bad all liberals don't understand this. There wouldn't be any need for religious freedom legislation.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »

It's too bad all liberals don't understand this. There wouldn't be any need for religious freedom legislation.

LOL woosh, right over your head.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »

LOL woosh, right over your head.

You still don't understand what the legislation is about.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2015, 10:06:13 AM »
Taking the cues from your apporoved media sources I know exactly what its about.

But it still doesn't change the fact that that post when right over your head.