Author Topic: Beems KU Recruiting Thread  (Read 77018 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
BEEMS: JUST TALKING SPORTS, NO NEED FOR VALIDATION
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:12 PM »
Damn, the butthurt crew really hates the fact that KU averaged 41,000+ last year.  So blessed.
Not really.  We just know the story of how those numbers are published.

Yeah, it's all a conspiracy.
Beems, the phog has the same talking point about the OOD. Fair point?

Fair point, but we're talking apples and oranges here. 

KU:  41,000+ avg. attendance for a 1-11 football team

K-State:  thousands of empty seats in a 13k capacity arena for a Big 12 co-champ/national 4-seed.
Are you saying you honestly believe that KU averaged 41K butts in the seats last year?

A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

No, I believe the actual attendance was whatever number you have in your delusional, butthurt, anti-KU head.
I think you overuse "butthurt" and I'm not entirely sure you know the correct context of it either. But I do believe you're smart enough to know that KU didn't have 41k at the games.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
If only there were actual attendance numbers we could find that would give us an average attendance for KU's 2012 football schedule. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
If only there were actual attendance numbers we could find that would give us an average attendance for KU's 2012 football schedule.

Yup, only if KU would release the actual attendance for people to put on Wikipedia instead of tickets issued.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:53 PM »

Yup, only if KU would release the actual attendance for people to put on Wikipedia instead of tickets issued.
On the real, never have I seen anything on Wikipedia that wasn't 100%  true.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
I'm honestly trying to find a game on that schedule where the attendance looks suspect.  KU has had solid football attendance for almost a decade now, ever since Mangino turned around the program.  31,115 for the Oklahoma State game is about as low as I've seen it in quite some time.  This year's attendance was the worst its been since probably '03.  I guess I'm missing why everyone is so skeptical about 41k average attendance for a BCS football program.  Seems pretty low to me, especially for a Big 12 team. 

:dunno:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
I'm honestly trying to find a game on that schedule where the attendance looks suspect.  KU has had solid football attendance for almost a decade now, ever since Mangino turned around the program.  31,115 for the Oklahoma State game is about as low as I've seen it in quite some time.  This year's attendance was the worst its been since probably '03.  I guess I'm missing why everyone is so skeptical about 41k average attendance for a BCS football program.  Seems pretty low to me, especially for a Big 12 team. 

There is nothing wrong with what KU does by reporting attendance based on tickets issued.  Most schools do it.  If you don't, your attendance looks like crap compared to everyone else. There just aren't that many people there.  The problem is when people try to talk trashed based off it.  It's worse when those tickets are easily acquired at Taco Johns and local gyms.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »

Sometimes, during a game, the camera scans the crowd. KU wasn't at 80% capacity on average or even close to it. I think you know that.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

Sometimes, during a game, the camera scans the crowd. KU wasn't at 80% capacity on average or even close to it. I think you know that.

So let me get this straight... you're basing your entire opinion of KU's average attendance on what the crowd looked like at a random point in whichever random KU game you had the chance to see? 

:flush:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »

Solid attendance for almost a decade, except for the years when Gill and Weis were coaches.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:50 PM »

So let me get this straight... you're basing your entire opinion of KU's average attendance on what the crowd looked like at a random point in whichever random KU game you had the chance to see? 

:flush:
  It would have to be a random point in the first quarter for attendance to appear at 80% capacity.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
'Cats are ku's Superbowl, and I've gone to the last 3 games in Lawrence.  Those games were not sold out, but at least 80% of capacity.  I doubt they equaled that feat for any other game.  What made me LOL was how quickly I could get the choice seats at the 50 yard line with seatbacks by the 2nd quarter.  You wouldn't be able to do THAT at any K-State game. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
Don't most KU fans base the empty seats at the OOD talking point on random pictures from indiscriminate times?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
Death, taxes, and ku inflating attendance numbers.

Is there anything else in life that we can truly count on?

:users:
bears are fast...

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Damn, the butthurt crew really hates the fact that KU averaged 41,000+ last year.  So blessed.
Yes, we are so butthurt that you averaged 9,000 less than us :jerk:

To be fair, I'm pretty butthurt that a 6-7 Iowa State team averaged 3,000 more fans than a 11-2 Kansas State team. I mean, it could say two things: A) Iowa State fans are really loyal; and/or: B) John Currie sucks at marketing a good football team.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »
It means ISU makes up their attendance numbers too.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
Don't most KU fans base the empty seats at the OOD talking point on random pictures from indiscriminate times?
Yep.  They do.

Attendance numbers are such a crapshoot. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »
I go to a few KU games every year and honestly I would say at kickoff the stadium is anywhere from 70-80% full. the problem is that at half time I'd say 30% of them leave even if we are up. is sad really because KU fans don't really support the football team like they should. I mean if I was a player and saw a stadium 80% full and then come out after half and it's 50% full I'd be pretty upset. I've been to a few games at  Snyder stadium myself and it's a great atmosphere just like Allen Fieldhouse is during basketball. FWIW that ok. state game in lawrence this year was in CRAPPY weather so that's why the attendance was down for that game.
everyone is jealous

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
I go to a few KU games every year and honestly I would say at kickoff the stadium is anywhere from 70-80% full. the problem is that at half time I'd say 30% of them leave even if we are up. is sad really because KU fans don't really support the football team like they should. I mean if I was a player and saw a stadium 80% full and then come out after half and it's 50% full I'd be pretty upset. I've been to a few games at  Snyder stadium myself and it's a great atmosphere just like Allen Fieldhouse is during basketball. FWIW that ok. state game in lawrence this year was in CRAPPY weather so that's why the attendance was down for that game.
Fair weather Jays?  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 05, 2013, 09:41:23 PM »
I go to a few KU games every year and honestly I would say at kickoff the stadium is anywhere from 70-80% full.

that is just a lie tim

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
When was the last time super fan Beems attended a game.  :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 05, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »

Dude, he already presented the wiki evidence so the matter it closed.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 05, 2013, 10:54:21 PM »

But, but he's a super fan.  :sdeek:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 05, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

But, but he's a super fan.  :sdeek:

WIKIPEDIA!

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »

Where do you live in relation to Lawrentucky, Tim?
bears are fast...