Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 972168 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »
My god, I forgot how shitty that 2008 class was. JFC.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:39 AM »
the school's academic reputation

:lol: does this dude want to be a vet :lol:

I haven't kept up with this thread but LO offing L.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 19, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »
You know this is the thread for KState recruiting,  right?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
http://deadspin.com/5976955/dcs-newest-high-school-basketball-star-will-turn-21-this-year-according-to-fiba?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

:fatty:

Etou told the Washington Post he came to D.C. for his senior season because players "play harder and have more skills here." But it ain't like they're slouches at the Florida school Etou left behind. Arlington Country Day, where Etou played for two seasons, is ranked 19th in the nation by the Blue Star Poll, and according to the school has 13 male alums currently playing NCAA Division 1 ball, including last week's ESPN national player of the week, Rodney McGruder from Kansas State. Coach and athletic director Rex Morgan says eight of the kids on this year's team will play D1 when they leave.
:sdeek:
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 25, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »
UW:

Thomas and Fincher's teams squared off again this week. This time, Fincher's Hargrave Academy team got the win against Thomas' St John's Academy team, 90-86. The only game report available is from Hargrave's website and it only mentions Hargrave's players(Fincher wasn't mentioned), so the info is limited.

I was pretty fired up when it looked like Thomas' St John's team was going to face Massanutten Academy tonight(it still shows that on SJNWMA's website) as part of the Virginia Military Challenge tonight, but evidently Massanutten had to reschedule and won't be at that tourney. Massanutten features PG Frank Mason, who's signed with KU. St John's and Massanutten had already played this year with Massanutten getting the W 102-98(Thomas hadn't committed to KSU yet), tonight would have been a great opportunity for St John's to get some payback but it looks like that will have to wait a while. St John's will be playing Gray Academy and Fork Union Military Academy this weekend instead. See link below.

http://www.fishburnepgbasketball.org/2013/01/23/fishburne-postgrads-begin-stretch-run-with-military-challenge/

Marcus Foster appears to be having a very solid year for his Wichita Falls Hirschi team, who are 13-7 on the year and ranked 12th in Texas Class 3A(The best I can tell that's the enrollment equivalent of a smaller 5A school in KS) . Foster is averaging 26.5 pts and 10.6 rebs per game, while shooting 55% from the floor, 34% from 3, and 74% from the line. WF Hirschi has a big rivalry game tonight against Burkburnett HS. Pretty good writeup on that game from the WF paper linked below.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2013/jan/25/release-the-hounds-huskies-host-bulldogs/

Wes Westicles's Houston Westfiled team is currently 23-6 on the year and they have a game tonight against Klein Forest HS. Westicles knocked down a buzzer beating game-winner to give his team a 49-47 W over Dekaney HS about 10 days ago.Westfiled is currently ranked 11th in TX Class 5A. Linked below is an article on Westfield's last win, a 55-36 win over Kingwood HS in which Westicles scored 18 pts.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/sports/westfield-beats-kingwood-remains-undefeated-in-district/article_a9254898-6516-11e2-8260-0019bb2963f4.html

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 25, 2013, 06:59:21 PM »
Thanks UW.  (if lurking)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 25, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »
Did UW leave or something? Sorry for not keeping tabs on this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »
Did UW leave or something? Sorry for not keeping tabs on this.

yeah, unfortunately. I hope he comes back.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »
That makes me sad. He was great for recruiting updates.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »
That makes me sad. He was great for recruiting updates.

yeah, absolutely BITB

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 25, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »
Wasn't Curtis Kelly part of the 2008 class? That alone would make it a tip five ksu recruiting class of all time

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:34 AM »
Found out that Weber did a little recruiting stop to visit with a prep schol guard Saturday night. He was checking in with Kingdom Prep 2013 guard Fredrick Edmond. Linked his profile.

My buddy played at NAIA Graceland and one of his former assistants called him Saturday night to see if he wanted to play some pick up ball because some coaches were coming by to see some players. He sent me a text Saturday night saying he met oscar Weber and told me the complete story tonight at our rec game in Ankeny, IA.

My buddy said he is closer to 6'2", not the 6'4" he is listed at. Said his jumper is a little shaky but plays like Derrick Rose, above the rim, super athletic 2 guard.

Not sure if Weber was looking at anyone else while he was there.

http://kingdomprepacademy.org/Roster.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Fredrick-Edmond-143132;_ylt=Arq5QQdnvaIZlIjZrjgA3g7fsJB4

SOMEONE'S ABOUT TO GET BRUCED! (hopefully Orris)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
derrick rose jr, come on down!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
Would take in place of Orris.  Maybe that's why Orris wasn't red shirted... oscar knows he probably won't be here more than a year anyways.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 28, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
Would take in place of Orris.  Maybe that's why Orris wasn't red shirted... oscar knows he probably won't be here more than a year anyways.

Not likely but a good sign if it were to play out that way.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: February 04, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
You know this is the thread for KState recruiting,  right?

soon it will be just another MHK public transit thread just waiting to be merged with all the other MHK public transit threads.

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: February 04, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The 15th annual National Prep School Invitational (NPSI) this past weekend featured four days and 32 games of action. After the balls had finally stopped bouncing on Sunday, we had seen a number of top performances as well as the emergence of some new prospects.

Here were some of the best players from the event.

Most Valuable Player
Jevon Thomas (Queens, N.Y./St. John’s NW Military Academy)
2013, PG, 6-0, 170
Thomas was selected MVP by the event staff. His talent has never been in question, but the maturity level to run a team has been far less dependable at times. This weekend, he put it all together, utilizing his individual tools to make plays while also making good decisions down the stretch of close games. With a lightning-quick first step and a strengthened frame to better absorb contact on his way to the rim, he’s virtually impossible to check with just one defender. And while he’s a scoring point by nature, his willingness to hit open teammates was critical to St. John’s big wins over both St. Thomas More (Conn.) and Notre Dame Prep (Mass.).

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2492 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:13 PM »
What number will Jevon wear?  I want to get my jersey now.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The 15th annual National Prep School Invitational (NPSI) this past weekend featured four days and 32 games of action. After the balls had finally stopped bouncing on Sunday, we had seen a number of top performances as well as the emergence of some new prospects.

Here were some of the best players from the event.

Most Valuable Player
Jevon Thomas (Queens, N.Y./St. John’s NW Military Academy)
2013, PG, 6-0, 170
Thomas was selected MVP by the event staff. His talent has never been in question, but the maturity level to run a team has been far less dependable at times. This weekend, he put it all together, utilizing his individual tools to make plays while also making good decisions down the stretch of close games. With a lightning-quick first step and a strengthened frame to better absorb contact on his way to the rim, he’s virtually impossible to check with just one defender. And while he’s a scoring point by nature, his willingness to hit open teammates was critical to St. John’s big wins over both St. Thomas More (Conn.) and Notre Dame Prep (Mass.).

where is this from?  There was a ton of talent at that tournament.  Very nice to hear.

edit:  found the all tournament team:

Most Outstanding Player: Jevon Thomas, St. John's NW Military Academy (Kansas State)

Kaleb Joseph, Cushing Academy

Rene Castro, Worcester Academy (Butler)

Trevor Thompson, St. John's NW Military Academy (Virginia Tech)

Fredrick Edmond, Kingdom Prep

Ron Patterson, Brewster Academy (Syracuse)

Noah Vonleh, New Hampton Prep (Indiana)

Jaylen Brantley, Notre Dame Prep

Duane Notice, St. Thomas More

Richard Williams, Vermont Academy

Wayne Selden, Tilton School (Kansas)

Josh Hearlihy, Northfield Mt. Hermon

Elijah Macon, Brewster Academy (West Virginia)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:38:03 PM by yosh »

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »
espn insider

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: February 05, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
lol at him completely dominating selden, get used to it wayne.  just get used to it, you piece of crap.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: February 05, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »

a bro of mine was at the tourney and snapped this pic.

LOL at selden's goggles.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: February 05, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »

a bro of mine was at the tourney and snapped this pic.

LOL at selden's goggles.

TEABAG!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
yup - you're right, joda.  that is wayne selden, the massive piece of crap, getting tea bagged once again because he loves getting nuts jammed right into his facial area and basically just hangs out under the rim hoping to find a bag or two each time he's back on d.

oh boy folks, yup you probably noticed as well- his hands are the size of a 6th graders.  hmm, i wonder why?? does he live near a nuclear power plant or something? :lol: 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 05, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
What number will Jevon wear?  I want to get my jersey now.

best recruit in the class, imo.  has upside.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."