Author Topic: capitol riot  (Read 132975 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
capitol riot
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
I mean I’m pretty sure she was the only one who tried forcing herself into a barricaded room containing congresspeople. I think that explains her being the only one who got shot if that helps.

The only video I saw depicting the event had no audio, but you’ve got to imagine there were some pretty audible warnings in there too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: capitol riot
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1347130762974306304

Any reasonable person would have expected to be shot dead upon entry of that room.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1347130762974306304

Any reasonable person would have expected to be shot dead upon entry of that room.
Yeah I don’t know how you conclude that was anything other than suicide by “cop.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2021, 12:09:44 PM »
You both seem to have a lot more info about when and where she was shot than anything I have seen. It takes a pretty high level of either intelligence or sourcing to say that her being shot allowed them to evacuate the building before it was breached. Same thing goes with the claim that she was the only person trying to force herself into a barricaded room containing congressional personnel. I don't know how you can accurately claim either of these things despite that video, while illuminating, doesn't convince me that woman needed to be killed. There were at least half a dozen cops on the other side of that door.

We've normalized cops shooting people, I'll never be okay with that. She was not established as a threat five seconds before, the act of climbing into a window shouldn't be a licence to kill in that situation, IMO.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2021, 12:12:16 PM »
sure but like dozens (?) of people have been shot by SS trying to get on capitol / WH grounds and they didn't get near as far as she did. the fact that there were hundreds of others that didn't get shot is the more amazing thing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »
sure but like dozens (?) of people have been shot by SS trying to get on capitol / WH grounds and they didn't get near as far as she did. the fact that there were hundreds of others that didn't get shot is the more amazing thing

Yeah, that's my point. I would have had less of a problem if they would have shot these people combing up the steps to the building, even that would have been a failure because those steps should have been secure. Once they let them in they blurred the lines by not shooting or arresting everyone they could have. Are those not secret service officers on the other side of that door who chose not to shoot?

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

Yeah, that's my point. I would have had less of a problem if they would have shot these people combing up the steps to the building, even that would have been a failure because those steps should have been secure. Once they let them in they blurred the lines by not shooting or arresting everyone they could have. Are those not secret service officers on the other side of that door who chose not to shoot?

ur kind of sounding like the dude in your sig a little bit

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »

Kind of?  That SFB is that dude 1000%

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2021, 12:30:52 PM »

Because I don't want cops shooting people and I'm consistent about that? Get mumped, idiot.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:04 PM »
The cops who walked the mob all the way up to the barricade definitely didn't help anything. Still, once the mob was in the building, 1 death was the best case scenario. If the secret service doesn't shoot that lady, more people follow her through the door and the secret service is in the same helpless position as the police.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:10 PM »
I shouldn't have called you an idiot, @dal9, I apologize. I'll stick by telling you to get mumped though.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2021, 12:37:09 PM »
I shouldn't have called you an idiot, @dal9, I apologize. I'll stick by telling you to get mumped though.

:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2021, 12:38:34 PM »
The cops who walked the mob all the way up to the barricade definitely didn't help anything. Still, once the mob was in the building, 1 death was the best case scenario. If the secret service doesn't shoot that lady, more people follow her through the door and the secret service is in the same helpless position as the police.

I won't argue with that, I just would have like to see her get snatched and detained then see if they would have retreated. Warning shot?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:43:38 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2021, 12:40:31 PM »
Yep. The cops/capitol police pretty badly failed at their jobs (at least in part due to being completely under staffed and prepared). But if the secret service doesn’t shoot an angry mob member pushing through the last barricade before they reach members of Congress then what is even their job?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »

I won't argue with that, I just would have like to see her get snatched and detained then see if they would have retreated. Waning shot?
I don’t think they’re really equipped for riot or crowd control. Their singular purpose is to prevent their congresspeople from getting hurt.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
i feel like the SS only trains to take head shots

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2021, 12:43:48 PM »
Can we just reflect for a minute on the fact that a bunch of maga protestors managed to make it inside the capitol building? Holy crap.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2021, 12:44:23 PM »

Well he/she missed badly then.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »

I won't argue with that, I just would have like to see her get snatched and detained then see if they would have retreated. Waning shot?

That would have been better, but I'm not going to fault the agent for how it happened. Secret service agents really can't mess around. They are protecting people that a lot of people want dead, and people in this mob in particular gave interviews to the media claiming they wanted to kill people in that room.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2021, 12:46:20 PM »

Well he/she missed badly then.

yeah. hitting you in the neck/chest is their warning shot.
that was agony by the way, watching her body heave up and down at the end.  :frown:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2021, 12:48:57 PM »
Some chucklefuck was being played on NPR this morning saying they were going to build a 4x4x4 gallows and hang all of the treasonous senators and media in the front lawn.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2021, 02:16:03 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2021, 02:19:18 PM »
hadn't seen this before.

https://twitter.com/richardmskinner/status/1347266962074841090

there was another angle posted here but goddam they're lucky that lady cop got back up. if she'd hit her head wrong she could have easily died

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »
Exhibit A of White Privilege.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile