Author Topic: Things you adore about being a Wildcat!!!  (Read 9912 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Things you adore about being a Wildcat!!!
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
Walking onto the streets of Dodge City, KS, USA and yelling at the top of my lungs, "It's a great day to be a Wildcat! Join Me, All!".  Then marching down Wyatt Earp Boulevard with all of my fellow cowboy Cats, singing Wildcat Victory deep into the night, eventually nestling down in a milo field. The next morning, we're all soothed back to consciousness by the sweet smell of money.

[spoiler]How grand it is to be a Wildcat![/spoiler]

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Things you adore about being a Wildcat!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
Call Hall Ice Cream!  Ringing historic Bluemont Bell after a Wildcat victory!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
I love not having to go to Dodge City and yell EMAW related things
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
OR

On a sticky September night, as the moths buzz around the lights high over head, sitting in Section 13, Row 38 of LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium and as Carson and the Cats put another one on the board against the UMASS Minutemen, looking out of the back of the north endzone funzone imagining that if you willed it, you might possibly be able to move one of the radio towers on top of the hill.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
this thread is great so far

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »
Walking onto the streets of Dodge City, KS, USA and yelling at the top of my lungs, "It's a great day to be a Wildcat! Join Me, All!".  Then marching down Wyatt Earp Boulevard with all of my fellow cowboy Cats, singing Wildcat Victory deep into the night, eventually nestling down in a milo field. The next morning, we're all soothed back to consciousness by the sweet smell of money.

[spoiler]How grand it is to be a Wildcat![/spoiler]

This is great art, but it would be better on film.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
 :love:
I have searched the entire internet and there is no poster anywhere that brings it like PW

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »
This is great art, but it would be better on film.

Agree completely. Proves I'm a hack and took the easy road and just wrote it.

:barf:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
I love not having to go to Dodge City and yell EMAW related things

Got it covered.   :ksu: :ksu:

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »
Perhaps

It's 7:58 AM as you enter your mid-sized corporation, where you work in insurance, you see the small, pudgy KU fan with a mustache, who likes to rib you. He says something about how Kansas State is, "just a little farm school and we'll never be able to compete with the iron-clad Hawks". You don't really have a response because you're not especially quick-witted, but as you walk away you take great solace in the fact that you're a Wildcat, you always have been and you always will be, and that's enough.

FAITHFUL TO OUR COLORS, MAN!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:12:42 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
Alongside your 12 year old son, you're driving west on I-70 to the family farm. He's having second thoughts about being forced into EMAW. He starts to question you: bringing up the fact KSU is third tier, regarded as a bottom feeder in the big 12, has one of the worst football programs in history, is always in the shadow of KU hoops. Angry but calm, you roll up the windows and pull out your wildcat flag that has been flapping for hundreds of miles since exit 303. You gently put it on his lap and point to a silo with a gigantic powercat painted on, followed with the caption "Kansas State Country." You turn to your kid and say, "Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
Alongside your 12 year old son, you're driving west on I-70 to the family farm. He's having second thoughts about being forced into EMAW. He starts to question you: bringing up the fact KSU is third tier, regarded as a bottom feeder in the big 12, has one of the worst football programs in history, is always in the shadow of KU hoops. Angry but calm, you roll up the windows and pull out your wildcat flag that has been flapping for hundreds of miles since exit 303. You gently put it on his lap and point to a silo with a gigantic powercat painted on, followed with the caption "Kansas State Country." You turn to your kid and say, "Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

OH MAN!

The42Yardstick

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »

OH MAN!

This thread just became legendary

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
You're a 23 year old fresh out of Kansas State sporting your hip and fresh "College of Engineering" degree. With this degree, you've landed a sweet job in Kansas City at Sprint. By the end of the third week, you realize you've gone to the Legends with your coworkers for dinner every other day since you've started work. You kill yourself immediately.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »
Dressing your short, fat, two year old son in an Aaron Lockett onesie and taking him to daycare and then watching him run up the stairs and right through a little girl with a KU T-shirt on.

:lynchmob:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »
wow.  I think we can all stop talking sh*t on fatty right now.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »
wow.  I think we can all stop talking sh*t on fatty right now.

Yea this thread was worth like 20 youtube videos

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »

:cry: but in a good way.... in a good way

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »
You're a 23 year old fresh out of Kansas State sporting your hip and fresh "College of Engineering" degree. With this degree, you've landed a sweet job in Kansas City at Sprint. By the end of the third week, you realize you've gone to the Legends with your coworkers for dinner every other day since you've started work. You kill yourself immediately.

Only good post in the thread. (besides mine that I am currently typing)    :users:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 04:10:32 PM »

Only good post in the thread. (besides mine that I am currently typing)    :users:

There's two types of posters on this board, those that appreciate PW and those that don't

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Joining together, arm in arm, with your fellow Cat fans on an internet message board. Most of them you know in real life, the ones you don't, you're not a huge fan of. You laugh, you cry, but most of all you fall into group think and blindly follow the one in front of you right off a cliff. When you awake from your mental coma, battered and bruised, you ask yourself, "Who am I really?, "What am I living for?" You answer yourself, "I'm a Wildcat and I'd do it all over again without changing a thing." This thought is enough to console you for a while, but the permanent damage you've done will haunt you for the rest of your life.  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:00:38 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:09 PM »
I enjoy the fact that we are the angry underdogs.
Dax fan club member!

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

Who doesn't, BMWWcat!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »

You get to enjoy that for a while longer when sitting at LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

However, you need to get that out of your system before November rolls around.  As of Nov(BB season) you need to act like we have been there before and start being upset if the victory wasn't pretty enough.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
My warmed-up tractor is a buffer for me from the evil that is the rest of the world of college sports fans and anti-fans that think K-State is just another garbage school; when, in reality, we are the epitome of the American dream and they are all just commie bastards. :kstatriot: