11 (11.6%)
Billboard in Manhattan, ASAP
35 (36.8%)
Billboard in Manhattan for Spring Game
15 (15.8%)
Never
20 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Important Banner Related Item  (Read 15266 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Important Banner Related Item
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Cheapest way to get the "Fire Bill" message out is to contact local establishments in Aggieville. Start with the book store. Offer them $1,000 to leave it on the scroll for a week. If they say no, move on to Rusty's, O'Malley's, the Barber shop, etc.

Owners of those establishments would be foolish to turn down $1,000 in this economy.
:facepalm:

Please tell me you're joking.

Not joking. You will find an owner who wants Bill out of town.

I would frequent that establishment. Wouldn't worry about losing business at all.
You won't find a business owner in Aggieville that's willing to take the risk of scaring off business or causing controversy for a measly G.  Regardless of how we feel about OB, he's still immensly popular in Manhattan and that would be a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) move. 

You'll also find a lot of business owners that have strong political opinions but they're not about to advertise that on a rough ridin' sign outside their door.  What do they have to gain?  A grand?  Pffft.  :jerk:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
Hey RAMS, I happen to know an Aggieville business owner who would do this.

Go back to Colorado State, loser.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:21 AM »
Shirts
Old-Ball Up and Fire or Retire.

A full-page Collegian ad would cost between $900 and $1,050.

Would be more effective than shirts, IMO.

No to a Collegian ad.  Students aren't the target audience for getting rid of Snyder.  Now a full page ad in the Mercury.......

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »
Shirts
Old-Ball Up and Fire or Retire.

A full-page Collegian ad would cost between $900 and $1,050.

Would be more effective than shirts, IMO.

No to a Collegian ad.  Students aren't the target audience for getting rid of Snyder.  Now a full page ad in the Mercury.......

Agreed, but if you want national attention, school newspapers are the way to go.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »
I think we need to clear up the idea behind this sign/banner/newspaper ad.  To me the desired result would be not to rally support for the firing of bill or forced retirement.  It would be to send a clear message to OBZ himself that a large enough portion of the fan base is willing to uncomfortably put out the message that it is time to leave.  I don't think we are going to start changing minds or enlighten people with our message.  I think the lines have been drawn and the snyder apologists have dug in for the long haul.  If it isn't the shaming of the man himself this is for someone help me understand better.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Any non-student paper that runs this effectively is slitting their own wrists when it comes to future sources/info from the team or AD. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 11:58:48 AM »
1.  Really think this actually needs to happen more than ever.

2.  It is going to very fascinating to see the reaction, to say the least.  Suffice to say, this is much more of a cult movement, than a true reflection of the actual sentiment of the large majority of K-Staters that break into two groups between A.  The casual fan that gives a nominal amount money, goes to games, watches on tv, but really has no definitive idea or any true awareness as to what state the program is in regard to our two life bloods, recruiting and the makeup of our coaching staff. 

And B.  The other faction of the large majority, the shirt tucks, that are fully aware of the state of the program, but live in denial and feel it is their calling to ardently defend the shortcomings and to continually perpetuate a state of mediocrity and inferiority.

Watching the crowd chanting in unison for Bill Sndyer on the center hung scoreboard last night in Bramlage was very telling.  He’s their savior.  He’s a rock star celebrity to these people and always will be.  The reality is this is going to be extremely controversial and met with A LOT of hostility.  But, it absolutely needs to be done.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
1.  Really think this actually needs to happen more than ever.

2.  It is going to very fascinating to see the reaction, to say the least.  Suffice to say, this is much more of a cult movement, than a true reflection of the actual sentiment of the large majority of K-Staters that break into two groups between A.  The casual fan that gives a nominal amount money, goes to games, watches on tv, but really has no definitive idea or any true awareness as to what state the program is in regard to our two life bloods, recruiting and the makeup of our coaching staff. 

And B.  The other faction of the large majority, the shirt tucks, that are fully aware of the state of the program, but live in denial and feel it is their calling to ardently defend the shortcomings and to continually perpetuate a state of mediocrity and inferiority.

Watching the crowd chanting in unison for Bill Sndyer on the center hung scoreboard last night in Bramlage was very telling.  He’s their savior.  He’s a rock star celebrity to these people and always will be.  The reality is this is going to be extremely controversial and met with A LOT of hostility.  But, it absolutely needs to be done.

Agreed.  This billboard is to let the uninformed know that there is a dissenting viewpoint about the direction of the football program.  It's never going to win the shirt-tucks over no matter how it's worded.  It will be very polarizing, as it should be.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »
I maintain my previous opinion   :users:

Cosh won't be fired dumb ass.   Do you even remember the last time Bill "retired" and all the stories about Weiser pushing him out?   Jesus rough ridin' christ let me spell it out for you.  A rough ridin' sign/banner saying "Fire LHC Bill Snyder" is going to make us look like rough ridin' Peta throwing blood on fur coats.  It's not going to do a god damn thing but make us look like a bunch of ungratefull spoiled jackasses.  Bill won't be fired, Currie won't push him out, because WE are the MINORITY.
Flying a banner that reads Fire Bill will increase pressure on Currie to NOT fire him/push him out after the backlash that comes from something as small as a rough ridin' billboard that does not represent the majority.   

If you fly a Fire Cosh sign, it will not piss off anyone, because EVERYONE believes it should be done.  Bill will have the options to either A:  Fire Cosh (not going to happen)  B: "Retire"  or C: Keep Cosh, Stay as long as he can, running the program into the ground, letting the grapes sour, pissing off the athletic administration because "Bill does things his own way ONLY" & slowly turning the shirt tucks against him.

Option C is the only way I see this administration forcing Snyder out.   If you fly a Fire Bill sign, Bill will stay as long as he wants and we will have tied the hands of the administration to do anything about it.  Because if they do force him out, they are agreeing with "The Minority"  I.E. US.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
I maintain my previous opinion   :users:

Cosh won't be fired dumb ass.   Do you even remember the last time Bill "retired" and all the stories about Weiser pushing him out?   Jesus rough ridin' christ let me spell it out for you.  A rough ridin' sign/banner saying "Fire LHC Bill Snyder" is going to make us look like rough ridin' Peta throwing blood on fur coats.  It's not going to do a god damn thing but make us look like a bunch of ungratefull spoiled jackasses.  Bill won't be fired, Currie won't push him out, because WE are the MINORITY.
Flying a banner that reads Fire Bill will increase pressure on Currie to NOT fire him/push him out after the backlash that comes from something as small as a rough ridin' billboard that does not represent the majority.   

If you fly a Fire Cosh sign, it will not piss off anyone, because EVERYONE believes it should be done.  Bill will have the options to either A:  Fire Cosh (not going to happen)  B: "Retire"  or C: Keep Cosh, Stay as long as he can, running the program into the ground, letting the grapes sour, pissing off the athletic administration because "Bill does things his own way ONLY" & slowly turning the shirt tucks against him.

Option C is the only way I see this administration forcing Snyder out.   If you fly a Fire Bill sign, Bill will stay as long as he wants and we will have tied the hands of the administration to do anything about it.  Because if they do force him out, they are agreeing with "The Minority"  I.E. US.

We're the minority, but we're right.  Being right should count for something.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Controversy is amazing. Love it when millionaires are put in uncomfortable spots.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »
No matter what path is taken (billboard, plane banner, collegian ad, van with ads and a pre-recorded message roaming the Manhattan streets:

)

Promote the hell out of it -- send it to deadspin, bleacherreport, Whitlock, etc to try to get national attention.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
Everyone thinks THEY are right.  All the athletic dept wants to do is follow the $$.   If so much as a grimace shows up on the shirt tucks faces in reaction to a public statement made about fans wanting Bill to "retire" again.  Curry will NOT be able to take the position to agree with anyone that isn't bringing the $$.   The only statement I can think of that EVERY ONE can get behind is something to the effect of: "Coach: You were a lot easier to love when your assistant coaches didn't suck...  The hall of fame won't wait forever."

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »
What about an airplane billboard at the first home spring game in Manhattan?

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »
why do they call you Fuktard?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
Everyone thinks THEY are right.  All the athletic dept wants to do is follow the $$.   If so much as a grimace shows up on the shirt tucks faces in reaction to a public statement made about fans wanting Bill to "retire" again.  Curry will NOT be able to take the position to agree with anyone that isn't bringing the $$.   The only statement I can think of that EVERY ONE can get behind is something to the effect of: "Coach: You were a lot easier to love when your assistant coaches didn't suck...  The hall of fame won't wait forever."

The "get better assistants" billboard is ridiculous.  He can't.  Nobody good, up-and-coming, or young wants to work for this man.  That is why he has the assistants that he does.  I think he probably wants better assistants but he can't get anyone.  Why put up a billboard asking him to do something he is incapable of doing.  Snyder is the problem, not the assistants.  I get your point, but a Fire (Retire) Snyder billboard is the only thing I will support.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
Jesus dude.  That's the point. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »
When you can't fire someone, but you want them to quit, you give them impossible tasks.   I don't know how to make this any more clear for you guys.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »

I actually agree with this.

We need to get the point accross and we need to affirm others sharing the same viewpoint in that it's okay to have a high standard of excellence and it's okay to strive for something better for your school and not be mouth breathing, group thinking, shirt tucking idiot.  

The message just needs to be clever and direct, but can't be overtly insulting or divisive.

IMO...

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 12:46:41 PM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »
Oh.  OK, yeah.

But I really want to see the reaction to a "Fire Snyder" billboard.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »
I agree the ensuing melt-down & attention getting for our cause would be epic.   I just feel the repercussions would hinder our cause.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
Tread softly...I can see the backfiring if done improperly.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
Goddammit Heinballz...you're making some great points, but you're making me even more depressed :goodbyecruelworld: