Author Topic: Disney World  (Read 72196 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Disney World
« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »
My company rented out Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom so we had both all to ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »
Experts, may I have a review of the Disney Coronado Springs Resort? I just found out I have a conference there next February and I'm pissed. Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all. Now we all get to spend $200 a night for rooms just to sit in conference rooms 8 hours a day :flush:

This is cruel and unusual.

coronado sucks

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
but some irl breaking coronado news is that it's getting gutted and they're adding a big tower and turning it into a "business class" hotel for conference crap.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Experts, may I have a review of the Disney Coronado Springs Resort? I just found out I have a conference there next February and I'm pissed. Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all. Now we all get to spend $200 a night for rooms just to sit in conference rooms 8 hours a day :flush:
don't you have kids?  Anytime you can do the work/family double dip at a place like Disney should be celebrated. 

Even if you can't bail on at least a few sessions the night time is the best time at Disney if the kids are school aged imo and they have discount tickets for conference attendees too.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
don't you have kids?  Anytime you can do the work/family double dip at a place like Disney should be celebrated. 

Even if you can't bail on at least a few sessions the night time is the best time at Disney if the kids are school aged imo and they have discount tickets for conference attendees too.

It isn't a 9-5 type conference, more like 8 am-10pm. Also when I go to conferences, I get loose at night, I'm with my family the other 352 days a year. Also my wife is a teacher, so taking her and my kids out of school for a week is a non starter.

SD, I saw that about Coronado. I don't remember which two they are but the two closest resorts to Coronado are also being gutted.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »
going this saturday for 7 nights at the boardwalk in a 1 bedroom suite. 3 year old on the living room pullout couch, infant in the closet in a crib. kinda tight quarters. going to go 2 bedrooms next time we stay in a disney hotel. may and december we're at the swan which is right next door and much roomier. I'll start day drink posting from there in 4 days. prepare your questions.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:02 PM »
My family was poor for a bit growing up. Well yeah we were poor. Dad was in Army. Mom stayed at home to raise us. Anyway apparently, for a while my crib was a pulled out drawer in their dresser.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »
What I'm saying is I'd totally do that on a vacation with am infant.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »
going this saturday for 7 nights at the boardwalk in a 1 bedroom suite. 3 year old on the living room pullout couch, infant in the closet in a crib. kinda tight quarters. going to go 2 bedrooms next time we stay in a disney hotel. may and december we're at the swan which is right next door and much roomier. I'll start day drink posting from there in 4 days. prepare your questions.

Today, day 4 of my Disney rage, I was thinking about how the bar scene is at Disney. Does one exist? This conference normally has fantastic parties at night, do I now have to risk my life to go to Orlando for our parties?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »
Isn't there pleasure island? Or treasure Island? One member of our family ditched us to be there. Also we stayed at Shades of Green. Is that still there?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2017, 12:44:58 AM »
I don't know why I asked questions I could easily look up. Brb

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:02 AM »
Still there, I remember being a kid and being amazed by two pools. Oh kid life.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »

What is the best value room there in terms of points. 4 people including 2 pre-k. I'll spend some points and cash, but don't need elite accommodations. I also don't want to be cramped and have to put a kid in the closet.

Tia

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:23 AM »

Today, day 4 of my Disney rage, I was thinking about how the bar scene is at Disney. Does one exist? This conference normally has fantastic parties at night, do I now have to risk my life to go to Orlando for our parties?

Disney Springs (formerly downtown disney) has great food and bars. The bus that shows up at your hotel will take you there and back. It's great.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 01, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »
Awesome, thank you

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »
dad 3maw had a conference that was held mostly at coronado springs last july. it was right after that kid was killed by the gator. happened in the lagoon right there at the main resort area. had alot of people on snake/gator duty then just wandering around the lagoon.

mrw we stayed at coronado as 8 year old 3maw  :horrorsurprise: :party: :Woohoo:

mrw i went back to coronado last year:  :dunno: hotel rooms were up to snuff, the cafeteria's werent amazing but it was nice to walk around. also was a good event space fwiw. it is for sure made for 2 demographics being kids and conference attendees.

also iirc pleasure island was shut down and rebranded as downtown disney which is now disney springs as steve dave said.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:51:35 PM by 3maw »

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
What's the opinion on Port Orleans?  Staying there for a week in May.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »
dad 3maw had a conference that was held mostly at coronado springs last july. it was right after that kid was killed by the gator. happened in the lagoon right there.

no it didn't

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »
What's the opinion on Port Orleans?  Staying there for a week in May.

meh

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »
dad 3maw had a conference that was held mostly at coronado springs last july. it was right after that kid was killed by the gator. happened in the lagoon right there at the main resort area. had alot of people on snake/gator duty then just wandering around the lagoon.

mrw we stayed at coronado as 8 year old 3maw  :horrorsurprise: :party: :Woohoo:

mrw i went back to coronado last year:  :dunno: hotel rooms were up to snuff, the cafeteria's werent amazing but it was nice to walk around. also was a good event space fwiw. it is for sure made for 2 demographics being kids and conference attendees.

also iirc pleasure island was shut down and rebranded as downtown disney which is now disney springs as steve dave said.

:thumbs:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 05, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
Haha, 3.8 years old and still getting ass whippings like this. I'll be champion for life.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 05, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »
Going to Dollywood this summer just because I'll be in the neighborhood. Should I ask for recommendos ITT or in a different one?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 05, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
Whatever you want to do!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 05, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Going to Dollywood this summer just because I'll be in the neighborhood. Should I ask for recommendos ITT or in a different one?
I was close for work last summer and ate at an all-you-can eat catfish place in pigeon forge. It was pretty amazing. Would have Dollywooded the crap out of the place but never had time.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 05, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
I'm legit going to Disney World tomorrow. AMA!