Author Topic: The NDAA and the Death of the Democratic State  (Read 3179 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The NDAA and the Death of the Democratic State
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
Its been really surprising to see beems return as a neo con.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »

I'm a realist.  There's a need for drones and the CIA.  You can bitch about it until you're blue in the face, but you'll never convince me that special operations and drone programs are worse alternatives than going to war and putting American troops on the ground.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
Drone Programs and putting boots on the ground basically have nothing to do with this topic, but keep flailing away Neo-Con.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »
Drone Programs and putting boots on the ground basically have nothing to do with this topic, but keep flailing away Neo-Con.

Special operations were included in my post.  This law is in place so the CIA can interrogate and detain suspects in other countries (mainly al Qaeda and other terrorist networks).  As far as calling me a "neo-con," I must be the first neo-con in history to oppose the Iraq war.  Keep flailing away about how much you hate Obama and anyone who supports his presidency, wing nut.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »

Special operations were included in my post.  This law is in place so the CIA can interrogate and detain suspects in other countries (mainly al Qaeda and other terrorist networks).  As far as calling me a "neo-con," I must be the first neo-con in history to oppose the Iraq war.  Keep flailing away about how much you hate Obama and anyone who supports his presidency, wing nut.

Again, some of the smartest people in this country oppose this law Beems, you're just flailing away because you're a closet Neo-Con, and you just can't admit it . . . you're all about dictatorial power in the hands of the executive branch, just as long as the executive branch is controlled by Democrat.

The law itself is an open ended law that allows the executive branch to subjectively brand anyone they choose as a "terrorist" or "enemy combatant", your "just take their word for it" approach to this subject is laughable in its naivette.   This administration has chucked a lot of people into 3rd world hell holes like the "Black Hole of Bagram" without charge, but apparently people like you don't mind just as long as a Democrat is doing it.

Sad

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »

I'm not. He's a democrat.  His principles are as fleeting as the breeze.  What's the polling say is popular this week? Okay, that's the new democrat platform.  Ignorance is bliss and what not.  It just so happens the neocons and dems have the same position on this topic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
Remember how much the Dems hated the Iraq war and stuff? Why aren't there similar protests for the drone war, the rent a rebels, etc?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Remember how much the Dems hated the Iraq war and stuff? Why aren't there similar protests for the drone war, the rent a rebels, etc?

It couldn't be because some lousy ass hole with a (D) next to his name is President, right?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »

it isn't the same, the countries we are bombing now don't treat women well.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »
Conservatives/libertarians who (rightly) oppose the NDAA and what it stands for would do well to remember two things:

1. Not all liberals/progressives support it. Some of us really rough ridin' hate it and pity the people who think it's a good idea. Work with us to help take down these anti-freedom initiatives instead of assuming we all can't think for ourselves.

2. Don't support any Republican candidates who want this sort of legislation. Make it a deal-breaker in future primaries and elections.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »
Beems you are the one who is blindly following  barry Obama. Dax just keep educating the lost.
EMAW

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »
This is the front page of HuffPo today. It's an article complaining about Gitmo and other human rights tragedies. Plenty of libtards are concerned about it, but can do no more than peaceniks conservatives like dax did to stop our entry into either of the two wars that Bush started.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Its okay bubbles, close your eyes and picture GWB and scream out loud, "the president is a war mongering baby killer."  The first step in overcoming denial is acceptance.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd