Author Topic: oscar WEBER MUSHES MARQUETTE, AGREES TO EMAW CONTRACT EXTENSION  (Read 84208 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER TO MARQUETTE
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »
@chrisgdickey is a near and dear friend. Also a lurker on this site and....May or may not of been front in center for the great sink destruction of 2012...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »
i can't imagine suggesting to someone that they fall back before i block their ass
Rick RowdyBoyy Daris uses it daily on perps

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »
:lol:  that's so RowdyBoyy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline FlyingIllini89

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
He is so not a fit for an urban campus this can only be one of Weber's many media leaks designed at getting him another crazy extension. 

It took a special kind of AD to hire Weber after what he did to Illinois.  While I have to say he has done a great job recruiting at KSU he still has not won an NCAA tournament game and still has a lot to prove.  I'd be shocked if a school swooped in to hire him away from you.  And if one did, you should consider yourselves lucky IMO.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
He is so not a fit for an urban campus this can only be one of Weber's many media leaks designed at getting him another crazy extension. 

It took a special kind of AD to hire Weber after what he did to Illinois.  While I have to say he has done a great job recruiting at KSU he still has not won an NCAA tournament game and still has a lot to prove.  I'd be shocked if a school swooped in to hire him away from you.  And if one did, you should consider yourselves lucky IMO.

What are you even talking about?  oscar Weber has done amazing things in his very short time here at Kansas State, and I for one will be very sad when he leaves us.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »

not only racist but very wrong
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline FlyingIllini89

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Race has nothing to do with it.  City programs like Marquette are more demanding than those in college towns.  There is no football program to take the pressure off.  The school also puts an emphasis on winning.  Weber has a losing mentality and would shrink like a violet in that environment.

Weber hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 9 years. He has won 2 tournament games in that time.  He is a horrble fit for a program that puts so much of an emphasis on March.

Offline FlyingIllini89

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »

What are you even talking about?  oscar Weber has done amazing things in his very short time here at Kansas State, and I for one will be very sad when he leaves us.

If thats how you feel that is fine.  That said, Its not amazing to lose in the first round of the tourney two years in a row.  Going 1-4 against KU isn't amazing either.

But seriously, I take back the crack about you guys being better off. I really was just pointingout that this is a negotiating ploy trying to get him another extension.  He's not going to Marquette.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »

If thats how you feel that is fine.  That said, Its not amazing to lose in the first round of the tourney two years in a row.  Going 1-4 against KU isn't amazing either.

But seriously, I take back the crack about you guys being better off. I really was just pointingout that this is a negotiating ploy trying to get him another extension.  He's not going to Marquette.

his "media leaks" sure do want him to go, tho.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »
You seem shockingly uninformed on this matter, FlyingIllini89 guy
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
oscar Weber is an amazing coach who ANY team would be stupid not to hire away from us, no matter the price.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
1-4 versus KU = DVD / T-Shirts

That's quite an accomplishment. Likely one to get our head coach stolen from under our noses.  :ohno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »

He over achieved in the face of adversity

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
I think D's just mad that the Milwaukee mainstream media reached out to Curtis/BOTC over DScott/GPC for the #KState perspective on this rapidly-developing story.
Well that is a giant slap in the face. Can't help but see why he is so grumpy.

:gocho:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
"suggest you fall back before i block your ass"

That has to be The Word.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »
How mad do you think it makes DSF that most of his subscribers are too obtuse/dense (lurking GPC'rs, I'm calling you rough ridin' stupid) to understand what is going on most of the time and then he gets bombarded with questions about stuff like this? I'd curse this place with every breath that I take if I were him.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
How mad do you think it makes DSF that most of his subscribers are too obtuse/dense (lurking GPC'rs, I'm calling you rough ridin' stupid) to understand what is going on most of the time and then he gets bombarded with questions about stuff like this? I'd curse this place with every breath that I take if I were him.
ive been blocked without even @ ing him because of gE. I laughed hysterically knowing he reads this probably more than his own website

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
ive been blocked without even @ ing him because of gE. I laughed hysterically knowing he reads this probably more than his own website

:Lurk:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:21 PM »
? Read some comments from Kansas State supporters touting oscar Weber for the Marquette job.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-03-25/kevin-haskin-tough-look-those-brackets-state-teams-ousted

"Touting?"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
phareal80

Post #260
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Marquette   Reply
The guy's site lost credibility when I clicked on it and it was an .net domain. This guy is a blogger loosely affiliated with Fox Sports, this is a mountain out of a molehill situation and the fact that it is basically alluding to the Morton's at the other site is all I need to know it's not true.
3/25 11:11 PM | IP: Logged

:D

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2014, 11:35:31 PM »
? Read some comments from Kansas State supporters touting oscar Weber for the Marquette job.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-03-25/kevin-haskin-tough-look-those-brackets-state-teams-ousted

"Touting?"

definitely an interesting word choice.

do you think chris babb claims topeka? he moved in between 7th and 8th grade. i wonder if that's just a label that haskins assigns him.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2014, 12:06:14 AM »
Not gonna reading this entire thread but I'd be totally cool with firing Weber and bringing Undy back.   The Jackalopes have more tourney wins lately than the Cats.    :cry:

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2014, 01:08:22 AM »
Not gonna reading this entire thread but I'd be totally cool with firing Weber and bringing Undy back.   The Jackalopes have more tourney wins lately than the Cats.    :cry:

you (meaning everyone) should read the entire thread and make sure to click on all links and read those thoroughly as well.   Excellent work here....  :cheers:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:13 AM »
phareal80

Post #260
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Marquette   Reply
The guy's site lost credibility when I clicked on it and it was an .net domain. This guy is a blogger loosely affiliated with Fox Sports, this is a mountain out of a molehill situation and the fact that it is basically alluding to the Morton's at the other site is all I need to know it's not true.
3/25 11:11 PM | IP: Logged

:D

Welcome to the steakhouse

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:56 AM »
What kind of insult is 'Morton?' I don't get it.