Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145714 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19675 on: November 05, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »
Doesn't LSU get to not pay him if he takes ku?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: November 05, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »
Even if so, assuming he’s willing to take the job, he’d just negotiate a contract from KU that includes something to cover the difference.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19677 on: November 05, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »
I think Les would recruit about 10 times better than any other coach that KU or K-State has a realistic shot at hiring outside of Venables, who I don't view as all that realistic.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19678 on: November 05, 2018, 04:38:16 PM »
I think Les would recruit about 10 times better

Why though?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19679 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:41 PM »

Why though?

He would be one of 5 college football coaches with a national championship, with lots of close ties to coaches with elite recruits.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19680 on: November 05, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
I'm not sure some of you even know who Les Miles is.

FYI, he's a weirdo
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: November 05, 2018, 09:31:10 PM »
I know he drinks Dos Equis and eats grass watered by Dos Equis
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: November 05, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »

Why though?

He would be one of 5 college football coaches with a national championship, with lots of close ties to coaches with elite recruits.

You think the coaches he made connections with when he was coaching at LSU, recruiting against Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. would steer players the same caliber to Kansas? He would, at least in the short term, have to change how he operated previously.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19683 on: November 06, 2018, 01:29:34 PM »

Why though?

You think the coaches he made connections with when he was coaching at LSU, recruiting against Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. would steer players the same caliber to Kansas? He would, at least in the short term, have to change how he operated previously.

I don't think Kansas would be perceived the same if they had a competent coach with the history of winning that Les Miles has. He wouldn't be beating out powerhouse programs for recruits, but he would still be able to land athletes that schools like Kansas and K-State aren't getting.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: November 06, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
I think Les Miles is a great hire.  Some instant credibility but I think he'd probably be lazy AF

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: November 06, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »

Why though?

I don't think Kansas would be perceived the same if they had a competent coach with the history of winning that Les Miles has. He wouldn't be beating out powerhouse programs for recruits, but he would still be able to land athletes that schools like Kansas and K-State aren't getting.

Pft... yeah, until they actually take a tour of that place and realize what a complete dump it is. Recruiting is going to be incredibly hard for any coach to do at KU. The place is decades behind as far as facilities go and Les Miles can't change that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: November 06, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »
I think Miles will get it.  He is done in football anyway so he won't mind going to a career killer for one more big payday

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: November 06, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen any job vacancy where the skill gap between the first and second option is as great as it has to be between Les Miles and whoever KU's second option is. Just look at who they found the last time they had an opening.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19689 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
Les put players in the league.  Facilities or not, he'll get recruits.  The exposure alone for KU will make it worth it.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19690 on: November 06, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »
That’s exactly what they said about Weis.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: November 06, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen any job vacancy where the skill gap between the first and second option is as great as it has to be between Les Miles and whoever KU's second option is. Just look at who they found the last time they had an opening.

I think that was part of a plan.  They wanted a cheap coach while they paid off past failures.  If they caught lightning in a bottle, great, but I don't think they actually expected an A&M WR coach to be the answer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: November 06, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

I think that was part of a plan.  They wanted a cheap coach while they paid off past failures.  If they caught lightning in a bottle, great, but I don't think they actually expected an A&M WR coach to be the answer.

Well they fell another decade behind in facilities and now its a waste land in Lawrence that only a washed old timer would touch.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: November 06, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »

You're saying they either wanted, or didn't care, if they went 6-39 (currently) over the next four years??? If that's true, then they absolutely deserve to be Weised again by Miles...whom I still don't think would take the job but... money talks.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: November 06, 2018, 05:46:13 PM »
We're thinking too small. Some head coaches, similar to some CEOs and almost all entrepreneurs, want to build a program from scratch. Look at it this way, you could continue chugging along with a good team, doing the same thing you did last year. Or you could build something from nothing. Be the next LHC Bill Snyder. Raise a program from the ashes. Have future generations singing your praises. Get your name on the stadium.

Some coaches won't want to that. Some might.

We should be thinking about Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Dave Doeren. Heck, why not Nick Saban? Maybe Bill Belichick.

I'm being serious. We could have had Harbaugh 10 years ago, but BGL vetoed it. We need to think big.

Who wants to be a legend?

...wow. That's just... wow. Yeah, they deserve Miles.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19695 on: November 06, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »
I refuse to believe he is, in fact, serious.  :horrorsurprise:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: November 06, 2018, 07:19:25 PM »
I wish we were contemplating Harbaugh, Meyer and Saban.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: November 06, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
can ku afford les miles? i think they owe beatty and zenger about $6M
their best bet is already on their sideline and has a low price tag.  clint bowen. #bringbackbowen

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: November 06, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
He did get a win  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile