Author Topic: Non-Political Market/Economy/Finance/etc. Thread  (Read 20311 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Political Market/Economy/Finance/etc. Thread
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2024, 02:13:20 PM »
Didn't take SD for a commie, sad really.

major pinko actually

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2024, 02:28:56 PM »
Here’s a great example:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-byd-shark-phev-pickup-truck-first-look-review/

Yep, you wouldn't be able to get one fast enough if that was sold in the US. It's been obvious for a while that the big auto companies and dealers are delaying EV adoption as long as they can. That's why every EV that comes out looks like a shitty lego car instead of a normal looking car. Elon is a moron for lots of reasons but building the stupid cyber truck instead of something like this is up there for all time dumbass ideas.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2024, 03:20:56 PM »
Didn't take SD for a commie, sad really.

major pinko actually
whoever invented the term, “two in the pink, one in the stink”, was referring to sd iyam

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 16, 2024, 08:08:48 AM »
Here’s a great example:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-byd-shark-phev-pickup-truck-first-look-review/

Yep, you wouldn't be able to get one fast enough if that was sold in the US. It's been obvious for a while that the big auto companies and dealers are delaying EV adoption as long as they can. That's why every EV that comes out looks like a shitty lego car instead of a normal looking car. Elon is a moron for lots of reasons but building the stupid cyber truck instead of something like this is up there for all time dumbass ideas.
That thing has a lower towing capacity than a Nissan Pathfinder.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 16, 2024, 08:20:54 AM »
Here’s a great example:

I'd guess that an extremely large portion of truck owners rarely tow anything and the ones that do aren't looking for an electric vehicle. A truck with these exact specs put out by Ford or Chevy would sell out immediately in the US. This exact Chinese made truck would most likely sell out too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 16, 2024, 08:43:25 AM »
the towing capacity of my 420hp 6.2L v8 yukon denali is probably gigantic. but jokes on them, I'm never taking the tow cover off of it in my entire life.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 16, 2024, 09:23:54 AM »
Here’s a great example:

I'd guess that an extremely large portion of truck owners rarely tow anything and the ones that do aren't looking for an electric vehicle. A truck with these exact specs put out by Ford or Chevy would sell out immediately in the US. This exact Chinese made truck would most likely sell out too.
i’m not sure who the market would be for this chinese made truck regardless of specs. but I can say with certainty that they’re not going to be taking much, if any, business from the ford buyers who have supported the f-series.  i’d expect the same for chevy/gmc.  these dudes don’t like or want electric and they’re especially TSC and not purchasing something from china.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 16, 2024, 09:25:21 AM »
Here’s a great example:

i’m not sure who the market would be for this chinese made truck regardless of specs. but I can say with certainty that they’re not going to be taking much, if any, business from the ford buyers who have supported the f-series.  i’d expect the same for chevy/gmc.  these dudes don’t like or want electric and they’re especially TSC and not purchasing something from china.
also, as an owner of a new american made pickup truck, I am an expert

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 16, 2024, 09:30:52 AM »
Damn I thought you were sporting the new Bronco
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2024, 09:33:08 AM »
In other EV news a guy in my hood got a cyber truck and it’s the stupidest looking thing I’ve ever seen. Pictures and video don’t do justice to seeing this thing irl. It’s so lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 16, 2024, 09:48:20 AM »
In other EV news a guy in my hood got a cyber truck and it’s the stupidest looking thing I’ve ever seen. Pictures and video don’t do justice to seeing this thing irl. It’s so lmao.

Yeah I saw one irl for the first time last weekend in KC. Just horrifying stupid and worse irl.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 16, 2024, 10:08:31 AM »

Yep, I've seen a couple here in KC the past week or so. They are just terrible and I'm still amazed anyone thought it was a good idea. Apparently they are having crap tons of issues too. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 16, 2024, 10:24:26 AM »
Here’s a great example:

I agree with this.  I mean, show me one Chinese sticker of Calvin pissing on some other Chinese brand of vehicle. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 16, 2024, 10:58:14 AM »

multiple in and around my hood - Tesla dealership down the street on stateline and 100% canco they are ridiculous looking IRL

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 16, 2024, 11:23:57 AM »

multiple in and around my hood - Tesla dealership down the street on stateline and 100% canco they are ridiculous looking IRL

I saw one on the mean streets of Topeka over the weekend and yeah somehow they are vastly dumber looking IRL than in pictures.  I just don't get it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 16, 2024, 11:29:28 AM »

the Tesla dealership on State Line (also my hood) has a dozen or so on the lot.  they are pretty ridiculous looking and I can’t imagine any serious person buying one.  even worse than the  looks, is the performance.

pretty on brand for elon mush.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 16, 2024, 11:31:45 AM »
Damn I thought you were sporting the new Bronco
had it for a year and traded it in for a 24 f-150 raptor with the 37” performance package because I needed the best desert runner that $$ could buy for all of my desert racing I do 24/7/365

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2024, 01:18:20 PM »

Saw one on my commute a couple weeks back. I think it’s easily the most efficient way to communicate that you’re an easy mark.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 17, 2024, 03:06:43 PM »
DJIA closed at over 40,000 today for the first time ever.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 17, 2024, 03:26:03 PM »

the Tesla dealership on State Line (also my hood) has a dozen or so on the lot.  they are pretty ridiculous looking and I can’t imagine any serious person buying one.  even worse than the  looks, is the performance.

pretty on brand for elon mush.

Hit that chopper for a prop tank last weekend and oldest stone saw the line on the west side of ther building and said look at this clown show