Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 188417 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2015, 06:58:35 PM »
I'm still not over Greg Sharp. BITB and it's not close.

Oh really?  Have you heard him act like a raging jackass on the NU calls, because I have.  He is dead to me.

You bet, Pete.  I can't stand him.

Pelini ruined him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2015, 10:54:22 PM »
I love him  :frown:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:47 AM »
He's married and hasn't smoked in nearly 2 years :two_cents:

I didn't realize he got married. I bet he still pounds beers and cusses like a sailor though. I met him once in like 2011 and he was just chugging booze at the time
emaw

The Big Train

« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2015, 12:04:18 AM »
He's married and hasn't smoked in nearly 2 years :two_cents:

I didn't realize he got married. I bet he still pounds beers and cusses like a sailor though. I met him once in like 2011 and he was just chugging booze at the time

i have told this story before, and it happened to be in 2011 at the cotton bowl.  he liked to party, at that time

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2015, 04:33:11 AM »
He's been married for a long time, guys.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »
He's been married for a long time, guys.

No he recently remarried. By recent I mean within the last year or so.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2015, 11:01:41 AM »
Also, one thing from Wyatt on 810 that was actual info and a bit surprising was that if a depth chart was released today Sean Newlan would be the starting safety over Kaleb Prewitt.

I had a buddy who said that Prewitt had his pads and helmet taken out of his locker by the coaching staff at one point and then the next day Prewitt came back to practice in his own gear ready to practice.

Kind of odd. Don't know how accurate this is. I assume he saw it posted on GPC.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2015, 12:58:06 PM »
Yeah, Newlan is starting right now

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »
Also, one thing from Wyatt on 810 that was actual info and a bit surprising was that if a depth chart was released today Sean Newlan would be the starting safety over Kaleb Prewitt.

I had a buddy who said that Prewitt had his pads and helmet taken out of his locker by the coaching staff at one point and then the next day Prewitt came back to practice in his own gear ready to practice.

why's prewett in the dog house?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »
He got mumped over by the Stecklines (former employer of mine). I don't blame him for taking the next D1 job available.

No he didn't.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2015, 02:42:11 PM »

I would take either; I think they're both going to be great.  The secondary is going to be solid for at least the next couple of years.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
Just listened to Stanbot interviewed by Kietzman on a podcast; he says Ertz can run and is a good athlete.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2015, 08:01:18 PM »

why's prewett in the dog house?

Doghouse or injury that he is not supposed to practice with? :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »

Just listened to Stanbot interviewed by Kietzman on a podcast; he says Ertz can run and is a good athlete.

He's the clear cut 1 right now (for better or worse). I'm having a hard time getting excited about it.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
Carson Coffman redux.  :party:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
Fan day nuggets, tidbits morsels and more

-The QBs all look pretty pud. Bazooka should stick to bombs bc he still can't hit crap intermediately. Very nice in person and wins the player pvegs irrationally loves even tho he probably isn't very good at football and won't play much award. California Amor threw a nice deep corner pass for a td. Looked raw and pretty noodle armed overall. Ertz is #1. Nothing he did really stood out but it looked obvious he's at the top. Delton looked super stud hoss biscuit eating buff in uni but throws were kinda meh. Could he be #2? Didn't get the sense Mr. Amor was a real threat on the depth chart.

- Charles Jones looks to be RB1. Silmon was next and is very nice to small children and looks great in pictures. Don't even remember seeing Warmack but imagine he was there. Leverett caught a pass and I looked up his number on the roster and was like oh right he is still a person that is here.

- Newlan with the 1s

- Heath looks like he'll play a lot. Klein looked good, dropped nothing, and had a totes adorbs moment with Burns where he caught a ball on him and Burns tried to rip it away after the play was over but more in a love you bruh you got me and go cats ain't it great to be #family kind of way. Burton, Andre Davis, Cook all up there. No surprises.

- Zuber made a nice catch on the sideline and was running drills with all the skills guys who won't ever play this season.

- Lee and Davis (sigh) were starters. Moore was out there and Sizelove/Tanking with the 2s

- Didn't pay much attention to OL/DL tho Honey Bear made some angry bull rush move that made me happy. He and Geary would make a super fun combo on pvegs All American 5'11 and under team. Someone said Stiverson wasn't there but didn't notice. Risner is the center. Shelley, Walker, and the aforementioned Honey Bear all seemed to be team true frosh who could could possibly play this season.

- After practice Bill and the captains spoke about how emaws are the greatest fans in the history of fandom and Bill said the year before he got there we avg'd 13k a game and then he got the team to stop being super pud and consequently helped us all re-discover our inner emawsomeness

- Unless you're a football coach or just stare at one position group or player for a long time it's hard to deduce crap. There are a ton of a drills and it all moves fast and Bill's probs just rough riding around for some of it. For instance, Burns briefly wore a yellow bib over his def jersey and ran some routes with the wrs. Anyway, I'm low FBIQ and needed the roster list they gave us to identify many of the guys so take my observos with a grain of salt. Getting on the field was swoots and between the WSC and new Vanier this rough rider is gonna be loud and feel much more like almost a real stadium.  Also not really impressed with the turf in person. I've been away a long time and have only heard ppl complain about it in chat while watching on tv. But walking around it reminded me of the fake grass hobos sleep on and kids soccer games take place on in this park where I lived in Seattle except the BSFS turf was more matted and rife with crusty looking malt liquorish stains.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:29:30 PM by pvegs »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »
Pvegs, that was amazing.  You are a hero.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2015, 11:17:49 PM »
Great stuff.  :emawkid:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Dakorey Johnson has not left the team despite his tweet that he was done with football

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
Dakorey Johnson has not left the team despite his tweet that he was done with football

Wut

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2015, 09:25:07 AM »

Wut

Darreyl Patterson?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »
Pvegs those were some tasty bits of tid.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline jeffmax26

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2015, 10:44:59 AM »
I am going to piggy back off of Pvegs sentiments. 

I agree that Ertz looked very good and will most likely be our starter for Game 1.  The most important thing that I noticed was that Ertz and sometimes Hubener had their timing down.  Knowing the speed and the routes of the receiver is key to avoiding interceptions.  Ertz consistently threw to his receivers as they broke and his passes hit them a split second after they turned.  He stood out among the rest. 

Heath is our deep threat guy.  I can not imagine leaving him off the field as he may be the only receiver that can stretch the defense and keep them honest.  Klein looked solid and will be a good possession receiver.  Something that enamored me is that at one point the qb's separated and Hubener and Banks went with the starting offensive line and ran read option plays.  It looked like our goal line offense.  Interestingly enough, sometimes we would go two back sets and one would be split wide.  Silmon and Barnes took turns split wide.  Maybe this is a wrinkle that Dimel may put in place to create more mismatches towards the goal line. 

Another interesting prospect is Kalin Heath.  He may just redshirt this year, but the kid is big.  He also was split wide in a few sets.  He could be one to watch for next year. 

Along with Pvegs, I agree that Jones is our #1 and Silmon looks to be #2.  Silmon is very compact and I love his physicality.  Barnes, Warmack, and Leverett were also in the mix. 

TE's - Small and Valentine were running with the ones and Heiman was running routes with Landon Root as QB.  Heiman is huge, but he lumbers downfield.  Small and Valentine look to run better routes and Small, especially, looks like he has some speed. 

Defensively, I saw a lot of the same things that pvegs saw.  One that stood out was "Honey Bear" Bryce English.  He was unblockable and has a motor!  During one drill, he got underneath Risner, stood him up, and drove him 4 yards back.  I would be shocked if he does not get a significant amount of reps this year.  I would use him on passing downs specifically or between the 20s. 

Another one that stood out during team time was Marquel Bryant; he looked fast and hopefully he has a breakout season.  Davis Clark, which I have never heard of until the Spring Game, was impressive too. 

Newlan at safety was a bit surprising, but he looked the part.  It looks like Donnie Starks may start or at least split reps at nickel back.  I did not see anything noticeable in concerns to the defense, but I was focusing primarily on the offense.  However, during special teams, one caught my eye, Jayd Kirby.  The kids is big and fast.  He looked physical and I would not be surprised to see him starting on special teams and being in the mix as a reserve linebacker. 

I have also heard that Darreyl Patterson is still on the team and he was on the Fan Appreciation Day roster card.

It was only an hour long practice, but I believe it provided some insight into who may start and/or get playing time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
6-6 or 7-5 depending on T.Tech.

Offline jeffmax26

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Also, as much as I would like Banks to be our QB, he looked like the least likely candidate.  He could come in during goal line situations, but based off what I saw yesterday, I find it very unlikely that he starts.  His throws were just a bit behind and his timing was off; he would release the ball late and as the receiver turned.  Now, again, it was just one practice, but there was significant separation between Ertz and the others.