Author Topic: Stand Your Ground Laws  (Read 13914 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
Don't want to get killed? don't attack someone.  It's pretty simple.

You're obviously a violent, gun toting, zealot, racist, homophobe. Sweet little baby Trayvon was gunned down in cold blood while skipping home from the store with his Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. You know what's good for a cough? Robitussin. You know what's even better? Robitussin, Skittles, and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
You know what's good for a cough? Robitussin. You know what's even better? Robitussin, Skittles, and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail.

well in that case, blast away

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
I would say the guy that has bruises all over his face, but none on his knuckles should be believed over the guy that has bruises all over his knuckles and none on his face.

I would say that anything either one of them says, other than an admission of guilt, is completely worthless and should not be relied upon. I would instead look at all of the circumstantial evidence and judge appropriately.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »
No way in hell zimmerman tries to find that kid without his gun.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Irrelevant
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
Irrelevant

I agree. Zimmerman did have a gun and he did pursue a fleeing unarmed kid. Then he got his ass kicked for about 10 seconds, so he shot and killed that unarmed kid. Then he put a bunch of cheesy movie lines into that kid's mouth to justify the shooting to the police force, and that was good enough for them. Case closed.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
I would say the guy that has bruises all over his face, but none on his knuckles should be believed over the guy that has bruises all over his knuckles and none on his face.

I would say that anything either one of them says, other than an admission of guilt, is completely worthless and should not be relied upon. I would instead look at all of the circumstantial evidence and judge appropriately.

You mean like

... guy that has bruises all over his face, but none on his knuckles

vs. 

guy that has bruises all over his knuckles and none on his face.

And knowing anyone can be killed after getting their skull smashed into concrete...  Yeah... Attempted murder.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
What happened between this

he did pursue a fleeing unarmed kid.

and this?

Then he got his ass kicked for about 10 seconds
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:16 AM »
Irrelevant

I agree. Zimmerman did have a gun and he did pursue a fleeing unarmed kid. Then he got his ass kicked for about 10 seconds, so he shot and killed that unarmed kid. Then he put a bunch of cheesy movie lines into that kid's mouth to justify the shooting to the police force, and that was good enough for them. Case closed.

So basically, you want to make it illegal to ask "what the eff are you doing here?"

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »

Who has an issue with individuals having the legal authority to defend themselves?

Everyone that thinks Zimmerman should be in jail. 

Last I checked, following someone because you're part of a neighborhood watch is not illegal.  Following someone because they're black, although a dick move, is not illegal. Approaching someone to ask what they're doing, regardless of what police dispatch suggest you do, is not illegal.

On the other hand, TM punching Zimmerman in the face in response was illegal. Taking someone to the ground and MMA style face smashing them is illegal.   Telling someone they're going to die as they slam their head into a curb is illegal.

Zimmerman used excessive force to defend himself in a situation that was completely of his own creation, though.

in response to NK and Hein...

TM ran for no provoked reason. If you are neighborhood watch, isn't it your responsibility to find out what is going on?

NK... listen to the tape.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »

You mean like

... guy that has bruises all over his face, but none on his knuckles

vs. 

guy that has bruises all over his knuckles and none on his face.

And knowing anyone can be killed after getting their skull smashed into concrete...  Yeah... Attempted murder.

Looking at the back of his head leads me to believe that the whole "head getting smashed into the concrete" story was overblown.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2013, 11:37:10 AM »
Irrelevant

So basically, you want to make it illegal to ask "what the eff are you doing here?"

No, basically, I want to make it illegal to chase down scared kids with a gun and then shoot them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »

TM ran for no provoked reason. If you are neighborhood watch, isn't it your responsibility to find out what is going on?

No, it's your responsibility to call the police and tell them what direction the kid is running. Pursuing the kid with a gun is assault.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
Aside from all of this, you know what's really starting to piss me off.  Fuckin Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) Facebook friends posting a story about white/Hispanic kids getting killed by black men and demanding people be outraged for those events. 

This has nothing to do with race.  It has everything to do with conflict resolution and response justified by any initiates force.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »

No, it's your responsibility to call the police and tell them what direction the kid is running. Pursuing the kid with a gun is assault.

isn't that what he did? He was on the phone before TM ran. You are not very good at life.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Stand Your Ground Laws
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »

What world do you live in where pursuing someone while in possession of a gun is assault?  Every time a suspected bad guy catches the attention of a cop, and the cop chases him, the cop is assaulting someone?  You're rough ridin' nuts.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Aside from all of this, you know what's really starting to piss me off.  Fuckin Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) Facebook friends posting a story about white/Hispanic kids getting killed by black men and demanding people be outraged for those events. 

This has nothing to do with race.  It has everything to do with conflict resolution and response justified by any initiates force.

Yeah, that really does suck. It really outs the racists among your facebook friends, and many of them are people that I'm very disappointed in.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »

isn't that what he did? He was on the phone before TM ran. You are not very good at life.

Yeah. He identified a suspicious person. Then he phoned the police. Then he chased him down with a gun and killed him. Two things right and only one thing wrong.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
Irrelevant

considering he ended up shooting and killing someone with the gun and say it's pretty relevant.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »

What world do you live in where pursuing someone while in possession of a gun is assault?  Every time a suspected bad guy catches the attention of a cop, and the cop chases him, the cop is assaulting someone?  You're rough ridin' nuts.

I live the same world as you do, where it's illegal to scare people with guns or other weapons.

From the Florida statute:
An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

Zimmerman following Martin around the neighborhood on a rainy night was perceived by Martin as a threat. That is why he fled. Zimmerman has carrying a handgun. That gives him the ability to perform a violent act. Zimmerman then pursued Martin. That created a well-founded fear that violence was imminent.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

Yeah. He identified a suspicious person. Then he phoned the police. Then he chased him down with a gun and killed him. Two things right and only one thing wrong.

chased him down

That's funny, because if you would actually listen to the tape, you can conclude that this "chase" is non-existent.

At the end of the tape...

I don't even know where he is

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »

I live the same world as you do, where it's illegal to scare people with guns or other weapons.

From the Florida statute:
An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

Zimmerman following Martin around the neighborhood on a rainy night was perceived by Martin as a threat. That is why he fled. Zimmerman has carrying a handgun. That gives him the ability to perform a violent act. Zimmerman then pursued Martin. That created a well-founded fear that violence was imminent.
If it was a "threat", why didn't TM call 911? Why didn't he keep running?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
How did he find him, then, mortons toe? How did he end up off the road in the grassy area between buildings if he wasn't following him?

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
How did he find him, then, mortons toe? How did he end up off the road in the grassy area between buildings if he wasn't following him?
Because the kid doubled-back on him. Good gawd  :facepalm:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2013, 11:53:45 AM »
Pursuing the kid with a gun is assault.

If he was brandishing the gun, then yes. But that didn't happen (or if it did, then Trayvon was both violent and stupid).