Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369560 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lol that you believe a ton of this show but draw the line at time travel

For me it's right up there with "it was all just a dream." So yea, there's the line for me. Maybe Bran will go back and stop the red wedding from happening, or murder the Mad King as a baby. What then? GMAFB

I don't think Bran is going to cause things to happen that didn't happen. I think it is going to be revealed that he was the cause of things that did happen (like what happened to Hodor). Like maybe he will cause the Mad King to go mad.

That's what makes it stupid though. If those things didn't actually happen in the past but then happened as a result of future Bran's intervention then it's not true that it "already happened." It's an alternate universe. There has to be some universe where future Bran didn't intervene because he was only present Bran. In that universe the future would have to look different than what this one looks like.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

4. Was that direwolf Summer? He looked really white.

6. OMG why did Hodor have to die?????? :bawl:

I thought it was Ghost at first too.

Hodor :(. So is it time for Bran to fly? Because like how the hell is he getting out of there without legs or Hodor?

I think Benjen Stark is finally going to reappear in some form to save the day. Because Meera is not getting very far with that travois.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

4. Was that direwolf Summer? He looked really white.

6. OMG why did Hodor have to die?????? :bawl:

I thought it was Ghost at first too.

Hodor :(. So is it time for Bran to fly? Because like how the hell is he getting out of there without legs or Hodor?

I think Benjen Stark is finally going to reappear in some form to save the day. Because Meera is not getting very far with that travois.

Coldhands!

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Was definitely Summer that got put down. I guess it's true: Winter is here.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So anybody else agree that the Crow's Eye actor was a shitty casting choice?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
No, he was fine
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No complaints. Pretty hateable guy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
lol @ caring about the eye actor and a penis. Like, wtf

Also, was bran warged into hodor the whole time? Or did he just eff him up for the rest of his life for that one moment?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arya watching a reenactment of her dad getting his head chopped off was kind of lost in the drama of the rest of the episode.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't even think Bran was warged into young Wylis. I think he was warged into old Hodor and just the past vision thing in general. And then that caused something to get crossed....

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Surprised mich hasn't brought up the fart machine at the theatre yet...

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arya watching a reenactment of her dad getting his head chopped off was kind of lost in the drama of the rest of the episode.

Yeah if she was really no one then it wouldn't have bothered her.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Yeah if she was really no one then it wouldn't have bothered her.
I thought it was interesting how reluctant she was to kill the Cersei character, considering Cersei is on her hit list.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't even think Bran was warged into young Wylis. I think he was warged into old Hodor and just the past vision thing in general. And then that caused something to get crossed....

It looked like old hodor snapped out of his simple mindedness. His eyes went worg white but then went back to normal a second later and then started whomping ass. So I'm not sure bran was controlling old hodor at the end, he might have just been watching the past

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pretty sure you're supposed to think he was warged into old Hodor at the time, which kind of explains the eyes as well Wylis being able to hear.

Which brings me to the other thing I hate about this whole time travel situation. Bran warged into Hodor because Hodor was basically incapacitated out of fear (presumably because of the whole "hold the door" incident), but he wouldn't have been that way if Bran hadn't warged into him, which Bran wouldn't have had to do if Hodor hadn't been that way.

But I'm not that pissed about the scene itself because I thought it was beautifully done.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Surprised mich hasn't brought up the fart machine at the theatre yet...
It seemed appropriate for that type of show. They weren't exactly producing an HBO drama.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All the other times people/animals have been worged into it's been from their perspective I think.  I don't think Bran was in Hodor but rather a weird 3rd perspective of the incident.  So much chaos was going on that it fried Hodor in the process and set him on this path, which then begs the question about causal loops in time travel. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:37:16 AM by ednksu »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It looked like old hodor snapped out of his simple mindedness. His eyes went worg white but then went back to normal a second later and then started whomping ass. So I'm not sure bran was controlling old hodor at the end, he might have just been watching the past

I am pretty sure Bran was warging into Hodor while Hodor was fighting off the wights. It was exactly the same as when he warged into Hodor at Craster's Keep - Hodor's eyes went white for a second then back to normal except not simple-minded.

https://youtu.be/qlSZZdDrKFw?t=57s

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do you guys want to hear another theory about how Hodor got to be Hodor?

In Bran's visions, he is actually time travelling (as evidenced by Ned hearing him) and at some point he is going to warg into young Wylis to try to warn his family of the upcoming danger. But for some reason (warging into people is bad, or warging across time is bad) that is going to screw up Wylis' mind and he is going to turn into Hodor...maybe Bran says the word "Hodor" during the warging debacle.  :dunno:

So, Hodor helps Bran get to the tree where Bran learns to time travel, and while time traveling he wargs into Wylis and turns Wylis into Hodor, who later helps Bran get to the tree to learn to time travel?

Come on, guys, he just got kicked in the head by a horse...

It's got to me more complicated than that or they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

Also, what do you guys think of the idea that when the Mad King was hearing voices it was actually Bran talking in one of his time traveling visions?

Why the eff would Bran begat the very circumstance that eventually caused almost all of his family members to die?

Well he isn't going realize what he is doing when he does it. He is going to be trying to warn someone of something.

So maybe Bran is going to think he can stop all this by going back in time and warning King Aerys that the White Walkers are coming and that they need to send word North to burn all the bodies.......but the king just hears "burn them all" and starts burning people alive (like Ned's father & brother).

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I am pretty sure Bran was warging into Hodor while Hodor was fighting off the wights. It was exactly the same as when he warged into Hodor at Craster's Keep - Hodor's eyes went white for a second then back to normal except not simple-minded.

Ok

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

I think this is right. I'm pretty sure that Bran's presence in the past and future caused him to warg into not only present day Hodor but also Wylis, making Wylis aware and live his own future death.

Really weird though. Why didn't he just stopped his vision quest and returned to the present day danger?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

In Bran's visions, he is actually time travelling (as evidenced by Ned hearing him) and at some point he is going to warg into young Wylis to try to warn his family of the upcoming danger. But for some reason (warging into people is bad, or warging across time is bad) that is going to screw up Wylis' mind and he is going to turn into Hodor...maybe Bran says the word "Hodor" during the warging debacle.  :dunno:

So, Hodor helps Bran get to the tree where Bran learns to time travel, and while time traveling he wargs into Wylis and turns Wylis into Hodor, who later helps Bran get to the tree to learn to time travel?

Come on, guys, he just got kicked in the head by a horse...

It's got to me more complicated than that or they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

Also, what do you guys think of the idea that when the Mad King was hearing voices it was actually Bran talking in one of his time traveling visions?

Why the eff would Bran begat the very circumstance that eventually caused almost all of his family members to die?

Well he isn't going realize what he is doing when he does it. He is going to be trying to warn someone of something.

So maybe Bran is going to think he can stop all this by going back in time and warning King Aerys that the White Walkers are coming and that they need to send word North to burn all the bodies.......but the king just hears "burn them all" and starts burning people alive (like Ned's father & brother).

I think this is way more likely.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

I think this is right. I'm pretty sure that Bran's presence in the past and future caused him to warg into not only present day Hodor but also Wylis, making Wylis aware and live his own future death.

Really weird though. Why didn't he just stopped his vision quest and returned to the present day danger?

Because he is relatively new at this whole warging thing and not ready to handle it yet?  :dunno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you guys notice how very similar this is to what actually happened? Maybe you should put more weight in my theories.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Because he is relatively new at this whole warging thing and not ready to handle it yet?  :dunno:

Yes, this. And by the time he realized what was happening he was like stuck and couldn't get out before Wylis's mind was screwed up.