Author Topic: Sorry to disappoint you but...  (Read 6885 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry to disappoint you but...
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
Don't you DARE give up on Pearl this easily, Hatter. DON'T YOU DARE.

who says I've given up on Pearl?  He's my numero uno.  God, read his resume' on wikipedia.  It's gorgeous.  Second fastest to 300 wins and 6th fastest to 400 wins in history of D1 coaching.  His resume', coaching, and magnetism are unparalleled in this search.

People go, "oh, we can't hire him because of 'show cause'".  Well, eff show cause because we wouldn't need him to do ANYTHING in the first year other than coach his ass off.  His assistants show cause expires in August so he should simply keep Lamont and Underwood and then not hire one of his hot recruiters until August.  Until then they can Hugg it up (unemployed huggs) talking to recruits as much as they want.  Then bring him on in August.  Sign a great class in 2013 and go from there.  This isn't rocket science.  Pearl simply couldn't talk to recruits for a few years but by the time that gets here he's already got a few winning seasons and a helluva recruiting class.

reading this+watching 16 and pregnant=instant boner

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »
Don't you DARE give up on Pearl this easily, Hatter. DON'T YOU DARE.

who says I've given up on Pearl?  He's my numero uno.  God, read his resume' on wikipedia.  It's gorgeous.  Second fastest to 300 wins and 6th fastest to 400 wins in history of D1 coaching.  His resume', coaching, and magnetism are unparalleled in this search.

People go, "oh, we can't hire him because of 'show cause'".  Well, eff show cause because we wouldn't need him to do ANYTHING in the first year other than coach his ass off.  His assistants show cause expires in August so he should simply keep Lamont and Underwood and then not hire one of his hot recruiters until August.  Until then they can Hugg it up (unemployed huggs) talking to recruits as much as they want.  Then bring him on in August.  Sign a great class in 2013 and go from there.  This isn't rocket science.  Pearl simply couldn't talk to recruits for a few years but by the time that gets here he's already got a few winning seasons and a helluva recruiting class.

reading this+watching 16 and pregnant=instant boner

:thumbs:

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »
hirebrucepearl.com has been posted on GPC.  We'll see how they rip it apart.  I've tried to convince but it appears the "out-of-the-box" thinking had a capacity of 1 (for Huggins). 

How soon we forget that EVERYONE said "selling your soul"...blah, blah, blah.  "We'll never hire him"...blah, blah, blah.

Weiser made a good choice on that one.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
hirebrucepearl.com has been posted on GPC.  We'll see how they rip it apart.  I've tried to convince but it appears the "out-of-the-box" thinking had a capacity of 1 (for Huggins). 

How soon we forget that EVERYONE said "selling your soul"...blah, blah, blah.  "We'll never hire him"...blah, blah, blah.

The thing about Huggins is we didn't just kind of like him, we absolutely WORSHIPED him, the GPC crowd included. He was perfect for us. And I think oscar would be even better.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »

The thing about Huggins is we didn't just kind of like him, we absolutely WORSHIPED him, the GPC crowd included. He was perfect for us. And I think oscar would be even better.

the same folks who are holier than thou and talk of him as a slime ball would be offering their 18 year old daughters to him if he won 30+ games and the Big 12.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
Im tryin not to get excited about oscar Pearl, because i dont think its gonna happen.   But if it does, my jaw will probably be freaking sore for a week from all the smiling shouting and woohooing.   

I think i am open to Underwood running the show.  Obviously the big thing is getting a staff that can recruit.   But at the same time i hope he is not option 1.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
Underwood will get KSU on Gameday after Gameday. ESPN and recruits will be all over his nuts. UNDERWOOD! The sexy pick.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »
eff Currie for letting us get to this place and eff Manhatter and anyone else who accepts a second rate crap Underwood hire.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »
Unds is way more qualified to be HC than Frank was...

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »
Frank's qualifications included the ability to bring a once-in-a-generation recruit along.  I think that this may have affected the decision.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »
Wooly was too. So what?

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:52 AM »
At this point, would not be upset with Unds as a head coach. it's not "settling" i don't think. of course, i would love to have oscar pearl. i would go nuts. until i hear the man has landed in manhattan though, not sure on the possibility of ADJC/tucks taking keenly to him and his "rep" no matter how many sensible arguments we make :/. whoever is hired, underwood is a key to keep on staff for me. familiarity with players and program, BBIQ, and awareness give unds a big  :thumbsup: in my book.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
I am leaning toward not hiring a head coach, and using that money to hire a bunch of outstanding recruiters   :dubious:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
I'd love Pearl too, bt fact of the matter is he cannot have ANY contact with recruits until August 2014.   On campus, off campus, ANYWHERE.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
I'd love Pearl too, bt fact of the matter is he cannot have ANY contact with recruits until August 2014.   On campus, off campus, ANYWHERE.

Stop. Stop. Stop.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »

So Underwood.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »

the same folks who are holier than thou and talk of him as a slime ball would be offering their 18 year old daughters to him if he won 30+ games and the Big 12.

These are the same mouth breathing dumbasses that were idiotically supporting John Currie for his handling of Jamar until they figured out the consequences were losing our coach.  They simply can't help their stupidity. 

Keep up the good fight, The Manhatter.  You are instrumental in this battle.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
Pearl would be a great hire, and would move on to a larger program as soon as he got his reputation back, so yeah, it would work a lot like Huggins did.  I'm team Underwood with the stipulation that we get and pay top-flight recruiters.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
Frank's qualifications included the ability to bring a once-in-a-generation recruit along.  I think that this may have affected the decision.
:combofan:
I think you're confused.  The man who brought the recuit(s) was Hill.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
Pearl would be a great hire, and would move on to a larger program as soon as he got his reputation back, so yeah, it would work a lot like Huggins did.  I'm team Underwood with the stipulation that we get and pay top-flight recruiters.

Cool, so we  just need to head to the Top Flight Recruiter store and buy some top flight recruiters.  Maybe there is a Groupon for them!

:flush:

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »
:combofan:
I think you're confused.  The man who brought the recuit(s) was Hill.

Pedantic.  Hill stayed with Beaz in his pocket because Frank took the HC job.  It was a package deal.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »

Cool, so we  just need to head to the Top Flight Recruiter store and buy some top flight recruiters.  Maybe there is a Groupon for them!

How did Turgeon get Hill?  Yeah, that's right, he knew who he was, targeted Hill, and set him up at Maryland to do the best job Hill could do.  Of course the best plans for action are all easy and downhill.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
Hey Manhatter: eff off.

:bball:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »

How did Turgeon get Hill?  Yeah, that's right, he knew who he was, targeted Hill, and set him up at Maryland to do the best job Hill could do.  Of course the best plans for action are all easy and downhill.

haven't followed, has Hill produced at Maryland any better than he was for us?

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »
I too am comfortable with Underwood.  And I feel dumb for being comfortable with that.  Damnit.