Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4114801 times)

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #17900 on: January 30, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »

If revenue was a measure, we'd be fine. Assuming this is accurate.

http://www.ensbsn.com/2011/11/college-sports-revenue-2011-the-list/

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17901 on: January 30, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »
30.    Oklahoma State University    $70,123,206    6.95%    32
31.    University of Kansas                    $70,028,683    -2.58%    26
32.    Kansas State University            $68,875,266    31.44%    51

:surprised: :gocho: :emawkid: :drool: :love: :thumbsup:  :driving: :drink: :pbj: :kstategrad:  No debt, no student raping, and no T. Boone.  Very impressive.

Offline powercat_62

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17902 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

32.    Kansas State University            $68,875,266    31.44%    51

Keep up that rate of growth and it is only 5 years until we break $200,000,000 in annual revenue.  :gocho:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17903 on: January 31, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
http://cemetery-hill.com/2012-articles/january/athletic-advisory-committee-formed-at-clemson-time-to-get-all-the-way-in.html

Jan. 28, 2012

CLEMSON, SC - Clemson Athletic Director, Dr. Terry Don Phillips, has announced the formation of an Athletic Advisory Committee. The committee is composed of 10 successful business leaders with strong ties to Clemson who will provide advice to the department from a strategic planning standpoint. The committee had a two-day meeting earlier this week.

"The nature of college athletics is changing in every area," said Phillips who has been Clemson's Athletic Director for nearly 10 years. "These changes are effecting how Clemson Athletics does business. It is a blessing to have access to successful business leaders who have and are facing similar issues in their industries.

"I have asked these Clemson loyalists to advise us as we strive to take our program to the next level. The candid and productive conversations we had and will have focus on key issues and strategies that will make Clemson athletics as good as it can be."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17905 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17906 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/34642502

Dodd's take on Neinas/Beebe replacements.

Like Shaheen, Luck

Would take Banowsky

Would not like Swarbrick

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17907 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »
http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/34642502

Dodd's take on Neinas/Beebe replacements.

Like Shaheen, Luck

Would take Banowsky

Would not like Swarbrick

It would be best to keep the AD of NotreDame at the "wanting to join the Big 12" status.  :grin:

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17908 on: February 01, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/17065839/big-12-has-big-longterm-decision-looming-regarding-expansion

I do NOT want BYU.

I really liked reading "Everything I've heard - and I mean everything - is that the Big 12 will look east, not west".

The Big 12 is spread out enough as it is.  If we add any additional teams, they need to be in either the Central or Eastern timezones.  Adding a third timezone for BYU would create a lot of logistical problems and they just aren't worth the hassle.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17909 on: February 01, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/17065839/big-12-has-big-longterm-decision-looming-regarding-expansion

I do NOT want BYU.

I really liked reading "Everything I've heard - and I mean everything - is that the Big 12 will look east, not west".

The Big 12 is spread out enough as it is.  If we add any additional teams, they need to be in either the Central or Eastern timezones.  Adding a third timezone for BYU would create a lot of logistical problems and they just aren't worth the hassle.

The 5.5 million Mormons in America are definitely not worth the hassle  :rolleyes:.

Picture this

It's Thanksgiving weekend 2015, a light snow has started falling over LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium as #4 Kansas State starts the 4th quarter up 12 on #17 BYU. ABC and Brent Musberger have the call,  a trip to face #2 Texas in the Big 12 title game is on the line.

As the Players take the field Brent cuts live to the white house for an Interview with Mitt Romney.

Romney, nursing a ginger ale, cracks a joke about how he wishes Bill would have taken that Cabinet position and that maybe if Iran kills another member of the cabinet he'd offer the job to our D Coordinator Sean who has held BYU to 9 points so far.

:love: :love: :love:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17910 on: February 01, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »

I do NOT want BYU.

The 5.5 million Mormons in America are definitely not worth the hassle  :rolleyes:.

Picture this

It's Thanksgiving weekend 2015, a light snow has started falling over LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium as #4 Kansas State starts the 4th quarter up 12 on #17 BYU. ABC and Brent Musberger have the call,  a trip to face #2 Texas in the Big 12 title game is on the line.

As the Players take the field Brent cuts live to the white house for an Interview with Mitt Romney.

Romney, nursing a ginger ale, cracks a joke about how he wishes Bill would have taken that Cabinet position and that maybe if Iran kills another member of the cabinet he'd offer the job to our D Coordinator Sean who has held BYU to 9 points so far.

:love: :love: :love:

Aside from the stuff about KSU being ranked #4 and up 12 on a ranked foe in the fourth quarter and a win sending KSU to the DP,  :barf:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: February 02, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »
From Footballscoop.com

Big 12: Multiple sources telling us that Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick remains a finalist for the Big 12 commissioner position.

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17912 on: February 02, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
From Footballscoop.com

Big 12: Multiple sources telling us that Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick remains a finalist for the Big 12 commissioner position.

would only take if nd football joins big12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17913 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
From Footballscoop.com

would only take if nd football joins big12
YES, YES, YES!!!!  :pray: :crossfingers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: February 03, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
From Footballscoop.com

now that's how you show up at a recruits house in a helicopter big 12  :thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17915 on: February 03, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
Pretty much means BYU can GTFOOOF's, right?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »

Been that way for a while.
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17917 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »

Was that way a while ago, but there has been a little bit of a Morman to Big12 rebirth the last week to two weeks.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17918 on: February 03, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

Was that way a while ago, but there has been a little bit of a Morman to Big12 rebirth the last week to two weeks.

Probably because the Tucks are having to rationalize Romney, so it's sorta carrying over to increasing acceptance of BYU.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17919 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:04 PM »
Bad News below.
Earlier this week, Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News– a guy who has really been on top of all things conference realignment — tweeted that, according to a source, Boise State was feeling “pressure from Big East to join in 2012 to offset WVU’s departure.“

The big picture hint, of course, was that perhaps West Virginia was on its way out of the Big East and into the Big 12 by next season, as the school has said repeatedly since accepting an invite to the Big 12 last fall. Currently, WVU and the Big East are in non-binding mediation talks and the two sides are scheduled for a status conference next week.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 released its schedule privately to its TV partners earlier this week as mandated by the conference’s TV contract; a public version of the Big 12 schedule should be coming up some time in the next week.

However, it doesn’t appear Boise State will be in the Big East next season. BSU president Bob Kustra told the Idaho Statesman on Friday that “it’s too late,” for his program to make a conference move in time for the start of next season.

“I can’t imagine how anyone can pull that off. We would never want to pull it off in a fashion that dealt shabbily with our existing partners in the Mountain West. I don’t think that could ever work,” Kustra said.

Just as pressure to get Boise State into the Big East next season would be good news for West Virginia, indicating the conference needs a replacement, Kustra’s comments paint a less promising picture for WVU as they try to get out of the Big East as soon as possible.

The Big East remains gridlocked in a legal battle with WVU over when the school can move on to the Big 12. Perhaps next week won’t provide any answers to that question, but there absolutely will be multiple parties waiting with bated breath just in case.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »
I don't think anyone here is really understanding how this crap works.  the big east can't force WV to stay.  They can join the big 12 whenever they want.  they could (will) face a judgement when/if they do if they don't reach an agreement but their filing the proactive suit against the conference basically told them they were leaving and let's get down to dollars.  people act like a court is going to physically force WV to stay in the BE.  They will be in the B12.  This is all wrangling for what they will end up paying to do so.  also "are in non-binding mediation talks and the two sides are scheduled for a status conference next week" means they are just sitting their attorneys in a room and neither side has to agree to crap.  The fact that they entered into non-binding arb means they both know what's up and the dollar figure just isn't agreed upon yet.  It will be.  Just like it will be with aTm, MU and it was with NU and CU.  

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: February 03, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
I don't think anyone here is really understanding how this crap works.  the big east can't force WV to stay.  They can join the big 12 whenever they want.  they could (will) face a judgement when/if they do if they don't reach an agreement but their filing the proactive suit against the conference basically told them they were leaving and let's get down to dollars.  people act like a court is going to physically force WV to stay in the BE.  They will be in the B12.  This is all wrangling for what they will end up paying to do so.  also "are in non-binding mediation talks and the two sides are scheduled for a status conference next week" means they are just sitting their attorneys in a room and neither side has to agree to crap.  The fact that they entered into non-binding arb means they both know what's up and the dollar figure just isn't agreed upon yet.  It will be.  Just like it will be with aTm, MU and it was with NU and CU.  
Maybe MU & ATM should pay any fees that are needed for WVU to depart BE over and above the 5 mil. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17922 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
Disparities in the 120-member bowl subdivision have grown increasingly pronounced since then. Individual schools' athletics revenues ranged from $3.8 million to nearly $144 million in 2010, according to the NCAA, prompting the less wealthy to lean more heavily on student fees and other institutional subsidization to try to stay competitive.

We can talk about TV markets and everything going forward, but the truth is that the next cutoff is going to be schools who are willing to ante up for a seat at the table.

Where do we sit in this discussion?

We're in the top 60 for sure.

yeah. we also should've been in the sugar this year.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
Disparities in the 120-member bowl subdivision have grown increasingly pronounced since then. Individual schools' athletics revenues ranged from $3.8 million to nearly $144 million in 2010, according to the NCAA, prompting the less wealthy to lean more heavily on student fees and other institutional subsidization to try to stay competitive.

We can talk about TV markets and everything going forward, but the truth is that the next cutoff is going to be schools who are willing to ante up for a seat at the table.

Wouldn't have been that much more money, if that's what you're talking about.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »

Wouldn't have been that much more money, if that's what you're talking about.

we lost a SHITLOAD of money by not getting a BCS bid.  getting only 1 big 12 team in the BCS cost the conference millions.  we were all mumped because everyone is butthurt that texas is awesome.