2 thumbs up guys.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Cigars
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
Just smoked a cigar.  No idea but it was dominican.  Was mild not spicy.  Paired it with a super expensive cognac that I have no clue about either.  I spilled some of the cognac and got a stink eye.  Tried to repent with a "hey this is really good cognac."

Worked out pretty well.

Look who CLEARLY is skimming from one of the many corporate accounts.  Guys, I'm freezing some funds.  Check your pms.  Compensation Committe will meet on Wednesday at Intercontinental.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »

smoke if ya gottem

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
Just smoked a cigar.  No idea but it was dominican.  Was mild not spicy.  Paired it with a super expensive cognac that I have no clue about either.  I spilled some of the cognac and got a stink eye.  Tried to repent with a "hey this is really good cognac."

Worked out pretty well.

Look who CLEARLY is skimming from one of the many corporate accounts.  Guys, I'm freezing some funds.  Check your pms.  Compensation Committe will meet on Wednesday at Intercontinental.

can not make it. will be in DC. formally request that this be moved back a week.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 12:07:49 AM »
Buy Cubans  :lick:, not Dominicans  :nono:

:dunno:

When I am in Mex I get Cubans, but I won't try to bring them back. :guybehindbars:

Just take them out of the wrappers and put them in a humidor.  Can't tell where they came from w/o wrappers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 08:24:04 AM »
lol at former smoker cire being super jealous of casual cigar smokers of the world

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 02:17:20 PM »

When I am in Mex I get Cubans, but I won't try to bring them back. :guybehindbars:

Just take them out of the wrappers and put them in a humidor.  Can't tell where they came from w/o wrappers.

Also why you can't bring them into the country if they have no identifying marks. You have to switch the wrappers. Or accept the fact that most Cuban cigars are mostly marketing since the biggest families and some of the very best rollers fled Cuba when Castro came to power. That doesn't mean there aren't good Cuban cigars out there, they're just not the ones that will show up in the duty free or hotel shops where people buy their cigars when traveling.

Look for pre-embargo Cubans, which are still legal and not really much more expensive. Also, the best cigar in the world today is the Fuente Opus X, the only 100 percent Dominican cigar and it's production is limited to ensure quality. You can find them on the Internet, but can only find them in shops east of the Mississippi.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

Also why you can't bring them into the country if they have no identifying marks. You have to switch the wrappers. Or accept the fact that most Cuban cigars are mostly marketing since the biggest families and some of the very best rollers fled Cuba when Castro came to power. That doesn't mean there aren't good Cuban cigars out there, they're just not the ones that will show up in the duty free or hotel shops where people buy their cigars when traveling.

Look for pre-embargo Cubans, which are still legal and not really much more expensive. Also, the best cigar in the world today is the Fuente Opus X, the only 100 percent Dominican cigar and it's production is limited to ensure quality. You can find them on the Internet, but can only find them in shops east of the Mississippi.

seems made up. mods?

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
I'd recommend Padron 3000. Great tasting maduro cigar. Also can't go wrong with the Olivo line.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »

seems made up. mods?
:users:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
goEMAW's Official Cigar Thread
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »
Start off by saying the brown bag special from cigarsinternational.com is a great deal.  10 random, fine quality cigars at a great price of $20.

Also, becoming a huge fan of 5 Vegas

Also thinking about purchasing a second humidor.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW's Official Cigar Thread
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
I used to go to the humidor at Manhattan Town Center Mall quite a bit.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:21 AM »

If you begin to smoke cigars on a regular basis (lets say one every week or two), do NOT buy from a local cigar shop.  You can get twice the amount of quality cigars for the same or lower price online.  I bought a 50 capacity humidor and 40 cigars under $140.00 including shipping at cigarsinternational.com.  This goes for most online cigar websites. 

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
Fuente Opus X robostos for me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
When we were in Mexico in December I smoked the hell out of Cuban Cohibas.  Verdict?  Same as other Cohibas but you feel much cooler.   :gocho:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
When we were in Mexico in December I smoked the hell out of Cuban Cohibas.  Verdict?  Same as other Cohibas but you feel much cooler.   :gocho:

As you very well should.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »

If you begin to smoke cigars on a regular basis (lets say one every week or two), do NOT buy from a local cigar shop.  You can get twice the amount of quality cigars for the same or lower price online.  I bought a 50 capacity humidor and 40 cigars under $140.00 including shipping at cigarsinternational.com.  This goes for most online cigar websites. 

I don't smoke them anymore.  They make my mouth taste all yucky and stuff.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
Plan on smoking one or two this weekend since the weather is supposed to start warming up.  Humidor is still at 70/70.  Going to be great.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
Bro in law is buying a bunch of fancy cigars for younger bro's birthday which we are celebrating in vegas in a month

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
Bro in law is buying a bunch of fancy cigars for younger bro's birthday which we are celebrating in vegas in a month

Bro in law should ask the tobacconist for the oiliest, darkest cigar he has. That would be the perfect birthday gift.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »

That sounds like a blast.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
they are good to chew on, which is nice when its 10 degrees outside and you can't smoke inside anywhere other than Olathe
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
You can still smoke (inside) in Olathe?  Weird.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
they are good to chew on, which is nice when its 10 degrees outside and you can't smoke inside anywhere other than Olathe

:confused:

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »
you can still smoke in cigar bars, i think theres one on 21st and tyler in wichita called the humidor.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:00:00 PM by jdagg2003 »