Author Topic: handyman-ness  (Read 135277 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: handyman-ness
« Reply #725 on: August 02, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
Hanging walls is super easy. 

Mud and tape is a great thing to sub out, though. So is hanging celings. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 02, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
So is carrying rock to the basement
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 02, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »
I may replace a headlight/bulb in my truck tonight.  Been putting it off for a week or so.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 02, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »
Any KC cats have a jackhammer laying around? Will rent for beers and KSU bullshitting...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 02, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
Drywall rhe ceilings first!
I will sub the drywall. Less than $2K labor and materials. I'll be resting that week.

Smart man. :)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 02, 2016, 11:12:25 AM »
I may replace a headlight/bulb in my truck tonight.  Been putting it off for a week or so.
I didn't realize how easy that was. I have done that twice in the last year.  About as much as I know how to do, thanks to a friend who showed me.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
I didn't realize how easy that was. I have done that twice in the last year.  About as much as I know how to do, thanks to a friend who showed me.

you can teach yourself many things with the help of the ol' google/youtube machine.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »

you can teach yourself many things with the help of the ol' google/youtube machine.
Yes. And online chiltons, etc.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 02, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »
My last job included some light mechanic type stuff. I made it very clear I had no clue about that stuff but they didn't care. I'm fairly proud how much I was able to do with just parts diagrams and youtube. What a time to be alive
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »

It's pretty easy but the last time I did it I scraped up my hand removing the rubber seal thing.  So I'm just rolling with fog lights on until I'm ready to bleed over it.  Two nights ago I got home from the gym and popped my hood to force myself to do it.  Well I forgot and the next morning I get on 435 and the hood starts bouncing so I had to pull over and shut it all the way.  Stupid.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 02, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »

It's pretty easy but the last time I did it I scraped up my hand removing the rubber seal thing.  So I'm just rolling with fog lights on until I'm ready to bleed over it.  Two nights ago I got home from the gym and popped my hood to force myself to do it.  Well I forgot and the next morning I get on 435 and the hood starts bouncing so I had to pull over and shut it all the way.  Stupid.
Glad you caught that. I didn't once in and the hood flew up and shattered my windscreen.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »
About to embark on my biggest handyman project to date. Adding a main floor master suite on to the house. Will report back.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 02, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
Hey guys I just got done redoing my entire kitchen.  It was fun.  I even built an island where our whole family can sit and eat.  :lynchmob:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 02, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
About to embark on my biggest handyman project to date. Adding a main floor master suite on to the house. Will report back.
Good Luck!
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 02, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
Hey guys I just got done redoing my entire kitchen.  It was fun.  I even built an island where our whole family can sit and eat.  :lynchmob:
Way to go! :thumbs:

I am glad there are some handy-cats on this blog.  It is very cringey when posters whip out the credit card to get a light bulb changed.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 02, 2016, 05:07:36 PM »
Any KC cats have a jackhammer laying around? Will rent for beers and KSU bullshitting...

:impatient:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 02, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »

:impatient:
Sorry dude. Fresh out of Jack hammers.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:09 PM »

I am glad there are some handy-cats on this blog.  It is very cringey when posters whip out the credit card to get a light bulb changed.
I wish I was better at that kind of stuff.  And I don't have lots of friends to lead me through big projects.  So I have to pay for work to be done.  Not proud of it, but no other options for me. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 02, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

I wish I was better at that kind of stuff.  And I don't have lots of friends to lead me through big projects.  So I have to pay for work to be done.  Not proud of it, but no other options for me.
You got lots of friends here, bud.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 02, 2016, 07:32:02 PM »

You got lots of friends here, bud.
I appreciate you saying that. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:47 PM »
Lots of stuff is a lot easier than ppl think.  Before you hire out next time, post here and we may be able to get it figured out.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 02, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
I'll do it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 02, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »
Everyone remember that time a couple weeks ago when i replaced that washer time? wow it still feels good.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 02, 2016, 08:21:01 PM »
you're good for the rest of 2016 bud

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #749 on: August 03, 2016, 06:19:18 AM »
I'll do it.
Plenty of great books plus YouTube. I found a fantastic series on basement finishing.