Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 178339 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1475 on: December 04, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »
Horrific account of that shooting, these rough ridin' cops are completely out of control. That sergeant should be fired too, it seems like that entire protocol is mumped.

The author is 100% correct. I consider myself a part of the black lives matter movement and I agree that while the message needs to be told, we need allies to help make the message acceptable to the masses. I will say though that not everyone who associates themselves with Black Lives Matter will agree.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:28 AM »
That’s insane.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 08, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
here's the video, everyone should watch it. cops shouldn't have guns.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939014159726870530

The Big Train

« Reply #1479 on: December 08, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »
Wow.  eff that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
as with many posters here, the author is totally color blind and tone deaf to the contrast between a cop unjustly killing someone and being arrested and charged with murder and a cop unjustly killing someone and getting off with zero consequences and with a big portion of society not believing the cop did anything wrong.

puni, I like you, but I think you're being a bit ignorant here, ironically.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 08, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »

Ugh, this is so hard to watch. We surely have a problem in this country, and I agree with the Atlantic writer that framing it solely as a racial issue is not the way to bring change. Dale Gribble got executed for having baggy shorts...

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:48 PM »

Clearly this was rough ridin' murder, but the police were called to the scene because of a report of a suspect with a gun. What the eff would the police do without guns?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 08, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »

Clearly this was rough ridin' murder, but the police were called to the scene because of a report of a suspect with a gun. What the eff would the police do without guns?

Murder fewer innocent people?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 08, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »
I’ll be honest: I didn’t watch the video.

I’ll be more honest: especially as a white person this makes me afraid of the police in a way nothing has before.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »
that is one of the worst videos I’ve ever seen on the internet

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:27 AM »
Let that sink in

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 09, 2017, 03:45:59 AM »
I’ll be honest: I didn’t watch the video.

I’ll be more honest: especially as a white person this makes me afraid of the police in a way nothing has before.

I'll be honest, good, it should make you scared. It's mumped what happened to this dude, same crap happened to a 12 year old black kid and the country barely blinked. White people still mock Barack Obama for being affected by the Trayvon Martin shooting, somehow call him a racist because of it. This was Shaun King's most replied to tweet despite his timeline being full of videos and stories of murdered black people.

You can line the Red River with bodies of murdered 12 year old black boys and nothing changes. We need more Justine Damond's and Daniel Shaver's before there can be any hope of substantive change.

It's very easy, for even well meaning liberals, to brush off black people getting slaughtered because our society has provided all of us with rationalizations. "I don't live in that neighborhood." "I would do what the officer told me." Then there are the unspoken thoughts, "I don't deal drugs." "What did he do wrong." "I'm safe because I'm not black."
Black Lives Matter

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 09, 2017, 07:18:08 AM »
Totally agree MIR. I don’t want to overstate it, but this may be the most important case yet to BLM because it gets white people to empathize in a way many like myself were not completely capable of. They should be waving this around like crazy IMO.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 09, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
Has K-S-U-Dubz weighed in yet? Haven’t beenfollowing the thread but can’t wait for his hot take.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 09, 2017, 09:29:46 AM »
Look at this obviously I'm going to murder someone asap person

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939334787080359937

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
So I don't know if he was fired for etching his gun or some other policy but the jury wasn't allowed to know this was etched on his gun:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939336504354181120

https://twitter.com/russkick/status/939383107299377157

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 09, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »
We need to pay cops more, higher more intelligent ones, train them better, and do brain scans on recruits.  The alternative is give everyone a gun and allow us to shoot each other when deemed necessary without repercussions.  You don't want me to have a gun.  Mad-dog Reno lose in Wichita bad, very bad.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1493 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
Most cops are good enough. It just needs to be a lot easier/ more common for one officer to go “hey Chief, I think officer X is pretty murdery and probably should not be allowed to have a gun ever.” Someone obviously knew about that engraving and did not speak up about it.

Also, I’m not shocked but a little surprised the judge did not let that into evidence since it certainly suggests to me the cop is predisposed to unnecessarily escalating situations (in violation of rules no less).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:21:44 AM by catastrophe »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 09, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
Has K-S-U-Dubz weighed in yet? Haven’t beenfollowing the thread but can’t wait for his hot take.

He’s probably trying to figure out wtf this cop was doing with a hunting rifle.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 09, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
Most cops are good enough. It just needs to be a lot easier/ more common for one officer to go “hey Chief, I think officer X is pretty murdery and probably should not be allowed to have a gun ever.” Someone obviously knew about that engraving and did not speak up about it.

Also, I’m not shocked but a little surprised the judge did not let that into evidence since it certainly suggests to me the cop is predisposed to unnecessarily escalating situations (in violation of rules no less).
I mean, he also had a complaint of use of excessive force filed against him not long before he committed murder

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 09, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
I used to think it was just a not paid enough situation but I don't think that's true anymore.  It appears to be a systemic cultural thing.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 09, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
the idea that we should give gigantic raises to people that go around murdering people more that we want them to is probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen on this message board.  and i read most of ksu-w's posts.

michigan is right.  cops on normal duty should not carry firearms.  and i don't even think that cops going around killing too many people is in the top 5 of shitty things cops do.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 09, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
I used to think it was just a not paid enough situation but I don't think that's true anymore.  It appears to be a systemic cultural thing.

It's a tolerance thing, police now are heavily armored robocops who kill with impunity because Americans allow it to happen. Everyone is focused on the regular cop that killed the dude, no one has said dick crap about Sergeant Charles Langley who was the reason all of this happened with how he behaved at the scene. When the people who are supposed to be the leadership can't be composed in that moment, and suffer no consequences, what do you think will happen? Will it surprise any of you if Langley is involved in the shooting of an unarmed person again?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile