Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 278411 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
He had an interview where he said he wanted to give it a go as a QB or some such crap. 

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
He had an interview where he said he wanted to give it a go as a QB or some such crap.

Yea, he's like most QB's in that he'd prefer to play it and is probably saying that's what he wants to play in the NFL. After he gets drafted/UDFA'd and some team gives him the option of trying TE or being cut he'll make the switch.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »

Yea, he's like most QB's in that he'd prefer to play it and is probably saying that's what he wants to play in the NFL. After he gets drafted/UDFA'd and some team gives him the option of trying TE or being cut he'll make the switch.
They won't draft him as a QB, so he won't get the chance.  :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
if i were him, i'd just do something else with my life. :dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »

Like have his FIL set him up with front office job with the chiefs.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
:frown:

Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State
The Heisman Trophy finalist proved that he is a great college player and nothing more. He had a horrible week of practice at the East-West Shrine. Klein illustrated for NFL scouts that he has terrible throwing mechanics and footwork. That leads to him having bad accuracy with awful ball placement. Klein also showed that his arm strength is lacking and outside of his running ability, he doesn't offer much. Scouts were heard laughing at some of Klein's throws.

Klein was a tremendous playmaker for the Wildcats in 2012, but he looks like a quarterback for Canada or the arena league. In interviews, Klein said he isn't interested in changing positions. Entering the East-West, Klein could have been a late-round developmental project but with his performance in St. Petersburg Klein looks more like an undrafted free agent.

:lol:

I find that really hard to believe. No way he would say that he is not interested in switching positions, considering he was more than willing here. Methinks someone is making crap up.

"Collin Klein dead set on continuing to play quarterback in NFL" ....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000127218/article/collin-klein-dead-set-on-continuing-to-play-quarterback-in-nfl

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »
Klein is one of the top athletes available at QB in this draft, but is the least polished passer. A lot of these blog "scouts" are idiots, they are ignoring what is happening with the QB position in the NFL. Given the type of athletes on defense, we're going to see more QBs that are a threat to run either by play call or when the play breaks down. Collin is a huge project, he is very raw as a passing QB. He'll need a ton of reps to speed up his release (he's still going to have a hitch at the top of his motion) and a lot of work on his foot work. After that he still won't be able to make all the throws. He can be good at throwing down the seams, and when he is out of the pocket. He can do what RGII or Kapernick are but he'll need time to develop (3 years plus). His ability to understand and manage an offense while minimizing turnovers is going to have to earn him his shot at QB in the NFL. A lot of 2nd and 3rd string NFL QB stick with a team because of their ability to prepare for a game and help the other offensive players prepare. I think Collin can do that but his window of opportunity to make the jump to a stater is going to be extremely small. He'd better be ready if it comes.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
He cannot do what RGIII or Kapernick can.  Both are/have always been much better passers and both are much faster

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
I'm willing to bet that he will not be medically cleared to get drafted. Just a hunch on my part.
RIP Fatty

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:14 AM »
It's like, why is this even news? No crap, he sucks at throwing, is slow, and likely has sketti brains from oSu. Baylor gave up 70 points to Geno, and completely shut Collin down.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
He cannot do what RGIII or Kapernick can.  Both are/have always been much better passers and both are much faster

He can get to where they are this season, but it's going to take development to get there. They are are still developing so he will always be playing catch up. Look at RGIII's passing splits, only 8% of his pass attempts are 21 yards or longer, and 21% of his pass attempts where thrown behind the line of scrimmage.  Is he going to rush for 800 yards, no. He can be effective enough as a runner in short yardage and when scrambling to make the zone read work. Right now RGIII and Kapernick are still developing and are having success because they make good decisions, minimizing turnovers (they've only thrown 8 ints combined this year), and play calling has been really good. These guys aren't standing in the pocket to throw lazer beam out routes, they are using zone read to occupy defenders and throwing in the middle third of the field unless they are out of the pocket.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »

He can get to where they are this season, but it's going to take development to get there. They are are still developing so he will always be playing catch up. Look at RGIII's passing splits, only 8% of his pass attempts are 21 yards or longer, and 21% of his pass attempts where thrown behind the line of scrimmage.  Is he going to rush for 800 yards, no. He can be effective enough as a runner in short yardage and when scrambling to make the zone read work. Right now RGIII and Kapernick are still developing and are having success because they make good decisions, minimizing turnovers (they've only thrown 8 ints combined this year), and play calling has been really good. These guys aren't standing in the pocket to throw lazer beam out routes, they are using zone read to occupy defenders and throwing in the middle third of the field unless they are out of the pocket.

I agree that he could do similar stuff, but he is worse than either of those guys both as a passer and an athlete. Robert Griffin was the second best passer in college his last year and Kaepernick has a far stronger arm.  Klein is closer to Tyler Thigpen than he is to RGIII, Kaepernick or Wilson.
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
I've always secretly hoped that some NFL team would run a flat out college offense with option reads and QB Draws designed for a fast QB who is an average to below average passer. Obviously their QB's would get the crap beat out of them but I'd like the think you get around that problem by stockpiling Running QB's who arent drafted.

Just round up a quarterback trio of Pat White, Troy Vincent, CK.

Throw a Vince Young and Denard Robinson on the practice squad and BOOM.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
There is simply no way in hell he could be a NFL QB. His passes are so soft and slow that he would get set a record for interceptions. He's to slow to be an effective runner against disciplined, athletic teams and he is now a risk for  concussions.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »
Maybe Snyder's biggest scheme of all time was scheming the nation to think that Klein was a good QB.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Maybe Snyder's biggest scheme of all time was scheming the nation to think that Klein was a good QB.

THIS!!!!!
RIP Fatty

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
Maybe Snyder's biggest scheme of all time was scheming the nation to think that Klein was into a good college QB.

yes
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »

Yeah. I really don't see why anybody with the potential to make a middle class salary would want to play in the NFL after already suffering a concussion. I certainly don't want to trade places with Jim McMahon right now.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »

THIS!!!!!

Yep.

Collin should immediately apply for Michael Smith's old job.

I bet you Bill would give it to him.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »

THIS!!!!!

Yep.

Collin should immediately apply for Michael Smith's old job.

I bet you Bill would give it to him.
Who wouldn't want their WRs coached up by a Heisman finalist?

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

I thought about this before. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and he was one of our best QBs ever, but if he played for any other coach he wouldn't even be playing QB.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

The Heisman Trophy finalist proved that he is a great college player and nothing more. He had a horrible week of practice at the East-West Shrine. Klein illustrated for NFL scouts that he has terrible throwing mechanics and footwork. That leads to him having bad accuracy with awful ball placement. Klein also showed that his arm strength is lacking and outside of his running ability, he doesn't offer much. Scouts were heard laughing at some of Klein's throws.

Hey! He's trying his hardest!!!! :curse:

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »

Hey! He's trying his hardest!!!! :curse:

Probably just views it as one big challenge from God. He was blessed and now must deal with adversity. All that jazz.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 11:17:55 AM »
. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (6006, 228 and 4.44): Harper was outstanding today, as he is clearly a polished, big-bodied receiver that has reminded us of Anquan Boldin. Today he did an excellent job of using his hands to combat aggressive CBs and create separation on his breaks. He also displayed outstanding hands and a large catch radius. He consistently showed the ability to adjust to off target throws during todays practice.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »
. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (6006, 228 and 4.44): Harper was outstanding today, as he is clearly a polished, big-bodied receiver that has reminded us of Anquan Boldin. Today he did an excellent job of using his hands to combat aggressive CBs and create separation on his breaks. He also displayed outstanding hands and a large catch radius. He consistently showed the ability to adjust to off target throws during todays practice.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF