Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99161 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
Link?

Sorry, I edited my response to be more specific. That may answer your question.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
Don't left the leftists fool you. They don't really give a crap about the plight of the average non-violent Muslim or the condemnation of the whole of Islam by those who openly oppose the religion. All they really give a crap about is fooling others into believing they do so they can claim the moral high ground and pat themselves on the back. It's really the same thing the religious right does when they talk about the lack of morals and values of the non-religious...Two peas in a hypocritical pod.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »
No one denies a problem exists

Depends upon what you mean by "problem." There are plenty of libtards who will tell you that muslim extremism is no worse than christian extremism, or that these people aren't really Muslims so ___ attack had nothing to do with Islam, etc. The simple truth is that Islam and Muslims have a particular problem with fostering violent extremists.

You're still in strawman territory, but that's a little more reasonable than your "stop denying this is a problem" post. Even if people did say "this isn't an Islam problem" as you suggest, how does it make the problem worse than saying Islams are particularly violent as you're suggesting? Personally, I don't see Islam extremism as a problem with American Muslims. Seems to be more of a regional problem.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2015, 04:47:47 PM »
Personally, I don't see Islam extremism as a problem with American Muslims. Seems to be more of a regional problem.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
STRAWMAN

I can summarize your posts too, only much more accurately.

This is amusing considering the KKK quip. You probably just don't know what strawman means tho
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:53 PM »
STRAWMAN

I can summarize your posts too, only much more accurately.

This is amusing considering the KKK quip. You probably just don't know what strawman means tho

My post had nothing to do with whose actions are worse, which is the strawman you were hoisting up.  My post had everything to do with condemning a large group of people due to the actions of an extremist sect

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
One of the most annoying things about the left is the excuses they make for radical islamists (?) and underplaying how many muslims support or at least tolerate barbaric and terroristic acts.

Rusty makes an interesting point that it's a regional issue, but when that region contains like 3/4 of the muslim population (maybe more :dunno:), then it becomes more cultural, imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 05:28:44 PM »

Rusty makes an interesting point that it's a regional issue, but when that region contains like 3/4 of the muslim population (maybe more :dunno:), then it becomes more cultural, imo

Well, I was partly referring to Europe where Muslim are treated more like second-class citizens than they are here.

Also, http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/Muslim-Americans-No-Justification-Violence.aspx

:dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »
American Muslims would likely be shunned or killed by actual muslims.

Totally agree that this is not a big issue inside the us.

Lots of people are quick to villainize christians because they are against gay marriage, but offer excuses for state sanctioned executions of homosexuals, stonings, beheadings, etc that are common place in the muslim world and rationalized by the muslim faith.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
i definitely agree with the rusty's regional comment.  i also think that a good portion of it has less to do with islam itself, and more to do with geopolitical factors (most notably, Israel).

that's not to say that some portion of it can't be attributed to religious extremism in and of itself.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »
Lots of people are quick to villainize christians because they are against gay marriage, but offer excuses for state sanctioned executions of homosexuals, stonings, beheadings, etc that are common place in the muslim world and rationalized by the muslim faith.

Again, no one excuses those things, FSD.

also, none of the things you mentioned are common

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning#Usage_today
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »
i guess we differ in the meaning of common or you didn't actually read the wiki links you provided

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
Be-headings are a daily occurrence with ISIS.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »
i definitely agree with the rusty's regional comment.  i also think that a good portion of it has less to do with islam itself, and more to do with geopolitical factors (most notably, Israel).

that's not to say that some portion of it can't be attributed to religious extremism in and of itself.

A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center found relatively widespread popular support among the Muslim population for stoning as a punishment for adultery in Egypt (82% of respondents in favor of the punishment), Jordan (70% in favor), Indonesia (42% in favor), Pakistan (82% favor) and Nigeria (56% in favor).

is that religious extremism or just the religion itself?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
i guess we differ in the meaning of common or you didn't actually read the wiki links you provided

Beheading is only legal in Saudi Arabia.
Stoning is hardly legal anywhere and rarely applied outside of random areas in charge of warlords http://www.trust.org/item/20130927165059-w9g0i/
didn't find any good data on executions for homosexuality but it's rare.

And again, none of that is excusable.

Oddly enough, Saudi Arabia seems like it has the harshest laws, and it's the country we seem to be best buds with.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »

A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center found relatively widespread popular support among the Muslim population for stoning as a punishment for adultery in Egypt (82% of respondents in favor of the punishment), Jordan (70% in favor), Indonesia (42% in favor), Pakistan (82% favor) and Nigeria (56% in favor).

That's pretty misleading. Those numbers are percentages of "Muslims who favor making sharia the law of the land"

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

Sharia law opinion seems to be very regionalized. like, zero European Muslims think stoning should be legal, while a pretty high number from Afghanistan and Pakistan do.

[img]http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/gsi2-chp1-3.png[img]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »

I should've clarified -- i was strictly talking about terror attacks, not domestic policy.  But point taken.

And to Rusty's point, that's still a ton of people:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »
I suppose it's a "regional" problem in that a lot more muslims live in other regions of the world, but there are plenty of crazy muslims doing crazy muslim things in the name of muslimism right here in the ol' USA. Boston Marathon, Oklahoma beheading, Ft. Hood, that dude that drove a car into a crown of people in the name of Allah, etc.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 09:41:36 PM »
I suppose it's a "regional" problem in that a lot more muslims live in other regions of the world, but there are plenty of crazy muslims doing crazy muslim things in the name of muslimism right here in the ol' USA. Boston Marathon, Oklahoma beheading, Ft. Hood, that dude that drove a car into a crown of people in the name of Allah, etc.

Yeah, those are random crazy dudes, not a network of well funded terrorists supported by American Muslims.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »

Yeah, those are random crazy dudes, not a network of well funded terrorists supported by American Muslims.

Oh ok - so you're in the "they're just crazy it has nothing to do with Islam" camp. Gotcha. Should we include the 9/11 perpetrators who lived and trained here?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 09:58:43 PM »

Oh ok - so you're in the "they're just crazy it has nothing to do with Islam" camp. Gotcha.

Yes, I feel the same way about Christian abortion clinic bombers, even though they're probably more organized than the first group of loons you mentioned.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 10:07:38 PM »
Hey Obama Almighty says they are extremist doing extreme things.  They are devil possessed terrorist islamic nuts.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »
I feel that the reasons these attacks occur are more because of a Western/U.S. meddling of affairs in the Middle East and the near century long support of brutal dictators in the region.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »
I feel that the reasons these attacks occur are more because of a Western/U.S. meddling of affairs in the Middle East and the near century long support of brutal dictators in the region.
Agreed, but a lot of the jihadist rhetoric is like fire to fuel, imo.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 11:00:45 PM »
Agreed, but a lot of the jihadist rhetoric is like fire to fuel, imo.

I agree with that too, but not to the extent  of my opinion.