Author Topic: Zaga Battle in Seattle Peggy Po's and Nancy Neg's (No Swag Edition)  (Read 5388 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Zaga Battle in Seattle Peggy Po's and Nancy Neg's (No Swag Edition)
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
One of the biggest differences between the first and 2nd half, IMHO, was in the first half we occasionally made some of those prayer 3s we jacked up at the end of the shot clock. Most of them rimmed out in the 2nd half. Presence in the paint (both offensively and defensively) as well as effectively running set plays were equally non-existent in both halves

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
One of the biggest differences between the first and 2nd half, IMHO, was in the first half we occasionally made some of those prayer 3s we jacked up at the end of the shot clock. Most of them rimmed out in the 2nd half. Presence in the paint (both offensively and defensively) as well as effectively running set plays were equally non-existent in both halves

Our first 3 second half possessions of the 2nd half were turnovers. We tried desperately to get Rodney involved and he proceeded to step out of bounds and drive into the lane and fall down. Then oscar called timeout, after which Angel and Gip were completely on a different page and Angel threw the ball out of bounds.

The first 10 minutes of the half we had 8 turnovers. We were 2 of 6 on FTs and 2 for 8 on FGs while scoring 7 points. Gonzaga scored 18 and the game was over.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

Our first 3 second half possessions of the 2nd half were turnovers. We tried desperately to get Rodney involved and he proceeded to step out of bounds and drive into the lane and fall down. Then oscar called timeout, after which Angel and Gip were completely on a different page and Angel threw the ball out of bounds.

The first 10 minutes of the half we had 8 turnovers. We were 2 of 6 on FTs and 2 for 8 on FGs while scoring 7 points. Gonzaga scored 18 and the game was over.

I didn't see the game, but these two posts seem like something that would've been posted for any Wooly ball game

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Zaga Battle in Seattle Peggy Po's and Nancy Neg's (No Swag Edition)
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
At the half, we were having beers on the concourse beer garden thing (very weird deal), charting with some other EMAWs around us....all happy and so forth, we didn't even talk basketball....just talked football.  We knew better.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
For a running a "motion" offense, it sure seemed like there were a lot of guys standing around on offense in the second half.

Very few cuts or picks, just 4 guys spread out standing around waiting for Angel to do something.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
That's because we are horribly out of shape

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 04:22:20 AM »
Telling moment of the night...

1st half; team runs offense, generates nothing, and exhausts the shot clock. Angel (IIRC) is at the top of the key and covered, passing to JO on the wing as the clock expires. JO swishes meaningless 3 pointer.

We couldn't run anything all night, defense is the most glaring weakness for Gonzaga, troubling sign for conference play

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
This is starting to feel like being a Royals fan during the Summer or a Chiefs fan on Sundays.  I have supported these teams my whole life because I want to give them a chance and hoped they could be successful some day.  After many many years of both accomplishing absolutely nothing it has gotten to the point where I know longer care or will waste time or money to support their product.  John Currie and oscar Weber have managed to replicate that feeling in just 9 short games... :frown:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »
After many many years of both accomplishing absolutely nothing it has gotten to the point where I know longer care or will waste time or money to support their product.

kstate hoops accomplished more over the last 6 years than the chiefs and royals combined in the last 20.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »
After many many years of both accomplishing absolutely nothing it has gotten to the point where I know longer care or will waste time or money to support their product.

kstate hoops accomplished more over the last 6 years than the chiefs and royals combined in the last 20.

Yet I still continued to support them.  I already want to give up on Brucebasketball and that's saying something for me to want to throw in the towel this early

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:31 AM »

Yet I still continued to support them.  I already want to give up on Brucebasketball and that's saying something for me to want to throw in the towel this early

Its difficult. I will never give up on K-State basketball, but Bruceketball gives me little hope for the future at this point.

Its like square/rhombus.

Bruceketball is the current form of K-State basketball, but K-State basketball is not (and should not be) the current form of Bruceketball.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »
IF oscar changes things over the break I will feel a little better.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 10:00:45 AM »

Yeah. Even if we don't look like a soft team with very few offensive options next week against Florida I'll feel a little better, though Florida might be the best team we've played this year (or will play all season).

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

Yeah. Even if we don't look like a soft team with very few offensive options next week against Florida I'll feel a little better, though Florida might be the best team we've played this year (or will play all season).

yeah, they are going to smother and pound our balls ballsacks and taints.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
oscar would have to go full Frank on them over the break to get them to look anything like respectable come the 1-5-12 vs OSU.  No way that happens.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

Tough to say.  They are very good defensively, but I think Gonzaga, particularly their frontcourt, is better offensively.  I watched the end of the Arizona game and they pissed all down their leg.  If Patrick Young could play as good as he looks, they'd be the best team in the country and it wouldn't even be close.  My word is he a beast.  JO and Diaz :ohno:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
Remember when Denis dropped 48 IN Austin? IMPOSSIBLE to believe this team is only 2 yrs removed. 2 YEARS!!! Think about that; drink it in - then feel free to cry with me. This is EXACTLY what IliniFan told us we'd get with oscar. This will just get more and more agonizing to watch.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
Remember when Denis dropped 48 IN Austin? IMPOSSIBLE to believe this team is only 2 yrs removed. 2 YEARS!!! Think about that; drink it in - then feel free to cry with me. This is EXACTLY what IliniFan told us we'd get with oscar. This will just get more and more agonizing to watch.

It was 44 points and that was in 2008-2009.  But yeah, I think that makes your point a little better.  It seems like yesterday.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
I'm getting a touch annoyed with the "This is what Illini fans TOLD us would happen!" statements. Petty, I know. But it's not like we were arguing with them or needed them to tell us what a mess this would be. We knew, from the second the news broke, that it was all over.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
I'm getting a touch annoyed with the "This is what Illini fans TOLD us would happen!" statements. Petty, I know. But it's not like we were arguing with them or needed them to tell us what a mess this would be. We knew, from the second the news broke, that it was all over.

After oscar burns our program to the ground I will want to feel validated by his next school's fans.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »

After oscar burns our program to the ground I will want to feel validated by his next school's fans.

I'm going to be all "I told you so" but I'm not giving any credit to illinois fans

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »

I'm going to be all "I told you so" but I'm not giving any credit to illinois fans

Well no, eff them.   :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »

yeah. bread can stay because he's easily one of the best posters here, but the rest can go to back as far as i'm concerned.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
So, this isn't the end of the bb board?  The end will be when we fire oscar and we all run to that other team's board and take up residence to tell them how shitty oscar is? 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Zaga Battle in Seattle Peggy Po's and Nancy Neg's (No Swag Edition)
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
I remember when Illinois hired oscar, and he had that crazy funeral and talked like a rough ridin' idiot.  I remember laughing my ass off at them.