Author Topic: Mushroom hunting/hunters  (Read 6370 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom hunting/hunters
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 06:37:09 AM »

Never really knew or cared to know what psycho shrooms looked like before this photo.  Then I was walking in my front yard tonight and think I found one. Looked at it for a moment then tossed it down, being an intelligent person.
Very unlikely that any "fun" shroom is growing in anyone's yard, so it's a good thing you're kidding. Hello liver and/or kidney failure!

They're actually perfectly safe aren't they? Unless you're tripping and jump off a roof or something
Yeah, as long as you get the right thing. To my knowledge, the LD50 is unknown because of the quantity it would take. If it is known, it's ridiculously high. The dangerous part is picking them in the wild, because unlike morels, there are many that looks similar. Plus, it is super unlikely that they are growing in anyones yard because many are either symbiotic or grow on cow dung, and either situation is rare to happen in your front yard.

Tip of advice if that still doesn't scare you away from eating wild shrooms: Don't eat anything if it doesn't bruise blue if you squeeze it. It will happen pretty fast, so if it ain't obvious, don't eat it. Even that isn't a foolproof plan, but it's a step in the right direction. Ohh, and don't eat any wild mushrooms in Kansas if you want to trip, unlikely that there are any here. Pacific Northwesterners......you have access to azures and they are STRONG...find a hippy and don't lose yourself in your mind.

Don't get cow dung in the yard.  Just dog and deer.  Possibly a few bits of washed/blown in horse also.
I think horse and maybe deer could work, dog wouldn't. It has to be a herbivore for sure, and I don't know how specific it needs to be after that. Grain fed would theoretically be best.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »
My room mate smocked GHB once (look it up tards). Said he went to a geometric world of awesome that seemed like an eternity but actually only lasted like 15 minutes. Pretty nuts.

LOL, either your roomate is rough ridin' with you or you're both ignorant morons. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2024, 10:28:43 AM »
Ma found a skillets worth on Friday. Fried them up yesterday.