Author Topic: Lawyer cats  (Read 626 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lawyer cats
« on: September 10, 2023, 09:41:54 PM »
Are any of you guys prosecutors?  Trying to find someone for my daughter to talk with regarding education path. I’ve talked a bit with Trim, but he’s “not that kind of lawyer”.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
@mikec2w

Online GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Lawyer cats
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 02:50:47 PM »
Are any of you guys prosecutors?  Trying to find someone for my daughter to talk with regarding education path. I’ve talked a bit with Trim, but he’s “not that kind of lawyer”.
Pm or dm me. I have a resource that may be able to help.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 05:48:16 AM »
If that falls through, one of my classmates retired from Texas AG office a few years ago. Probably hook ya up.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:26:38 AM »
Quick question for any of the lawyer cats (and horns/hawks!) who are also "that kind of lawyer" who goes to court where witnesses are called to testify:

Do you guys really refer to it as "taking the stand?" Like is that just what they say in the movies and true crime shows or is that how y'all really talk? It seems so melodramatic. "When that forensic accounting expert witness takes the stand today..."

i mean yes, i realize the term is to testify or provide testimony or w/e, i'm just asking when you're talking lawyer talk with other lawyers, how often do you say "taking the stand"?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:54:14 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:24:51 AM »
Usually just "call" and "testify" I think. But there's nothing weird about using "to the stand."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:59:43 AM »
I'm not sure I've ever actually used "take the stand."  Agree with 'trophe.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:31:55 AM »
Usually just "call" and "testify" I think. But there's nothing weird about using "to the stand."

interesting, thanks! I think (just my humble opinion) the word "Take" was doing the heavy lifting in terms of making that phrase sound dramatic.  "He'll be on the stand today" uneventful. "He'll be taking the stand today" oh my stars! What bombshell will he drop and have the jury on the edge of their seats? riveting.