Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361632 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
um, you notice

why are you even awake right now

i'm not wasting my 10,000th post on your silly vampire theory
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I liked it. It was just like she did it in the book.
She killed the Tickler in the book (who is now already dead in the show, killed by Jaqen) not Raff the Sweetling, who should still be alive at that point in the books.  Also, she goes all postal in the books and isn't so cool and collected as in the show.

Still, that scene was really satisfying.

The guy she killed in the latest episode is Polliver.
The rolls got merged, I guess.  ITBs Polliver steals needle but Raff kills Lommy, so they just merged the two (which actually makes that scene work better in the show)  Polliver does die in the inn but via Sandor.  That distinction wasn't the change I was most surprised at, I was hoping to see postal Arya.  The way the show did it was still really good, though.

The Dario recast sucks.  They should have gone full bore and recast him to fit the books description if they were going to bother (oiled forked blue beard)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
um, you notice

why are you even awake right now

i'm not wasting my 10,000th post on your silly vampire theory
Didn't you?

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
Love the show! Didn't read the books! Great thread!
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
great episode.  very succinct.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
I'm not sure which Daario I prefer. Last season's guy really didn't do much, but it seems kind of weird to just pull a switch like that with two actors who look nothing at all alike.

The original one was hotter.

Umm, yeah.

:love:

:Yuck:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Also, lol.

My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The first Daario had better eyelashes.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
he also seemed more like an elite partially crazy killer, while this new dude is putting wet blankets out of business

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Seems like it would be a drag to have read the books. I have no idea what to expect each scene and it's supes amazeballs

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems like it would be a drag to have read the books. I have no idea what to expect each scene and it's supes amazeballs
can confirm that reading books is a drag

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This show is so great. Just absolutely shits all over walking dead, aka the iowa state of primetime television.

catzacker

I don't read - this isn't the 1950's.  The new Daario is ugly.  There, I said it.  The last guy had eff me eyes and a fantastic smile.  The ending scene w/ Arya and the Hound was splendid. The Hound happily eating his chicken after killing 4 men, Arya, smiling on her horse, her needle at her side after taking pleasure in a revenge killing.....both ride off into a sick/twisted sunset which consists of burning fields muddying up the sky.  Perfect.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

She killed the Tickler in the book (who is now already dead in the show, killed by Jaqen) not Raff the Sweetling, who should still be alive at that point in the books.  Also, she goes all postal in the books and isn't so cool and collected as in the show.

The rolls got merged, I guess.  ITBs Polliver steals needle but Raff kills Lommy, so they just merged the two (which actually makes that scene work better in the show)  Polliver does die in the inn but via Sandor.  That distinction wasn't the change I was most surprised at, I was hoping to see postal Arya.  The way the show did it was still really good, though.

The Dario recast sucks.  They should have gone full bore and recast him to fit the books description if they were going to bother (oiled forked blue beard)
there's a book thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

there's a book thread
Naaaa, they didn't post ITT ITB.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ok, so this Daario guy is the guy trying to seduce the dragon lady. It had been a while since the last season but he didn't look the same and now I know why.

Speaking of characters that haven't changed actors but kind of look like they have, Jaime Lanister. The dude looks he's a different actor each season, which is kind of cool considering his character changes each season. He's becoming one of my favorites. In fact, the Lanisters as a family are kind of dominating this show from an awesome characters perspective.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Someone I know thought that Jaime Lannister had been recast...Doesn't he look the same now as he did before he got captured and grew that beard? Maybe a little older looking now and missing a hand.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Someone I know thought that Jaime Lannister had been recast...Doesn't he look the same now as he did before he got captured and grew that beard? Maybe a little older looking now and missing a hand.

He seems a little less blonde or something.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Can you imagine how hard it's going to be to get future roles now that he's missing his right hand?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He seems a little less blonde or something.

I think the biggest difference was be seasons 1 and 2, for some reason.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Can you imagine how hard it's going to be to get future roles now that he's missing his right hand?

a true method actor

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to watch the first episode again. That's how good it was. The opening and closing scenes? About as close to perfection as television gets.