Author Topic: Marcus Smart's Fallout  (Read 38565 times)

Offline Wildcatsfan4248

• Fan
  • Bleed Purple.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Smart's Fallout
« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
This would make more sense if you guys knew the history. Marcus Smart's best friend died from a piece of crap.

:lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2014, 07:51:04 AM »
Smart is so thin-skinned.  He didn't seem contrite today.  Looks like the "crap" show will continue four games hence.  :popcorn:

Btw, help me understand the terms here.  If Marcus lied and told everyone Orr called him an n-word, is that considered "playing the race card"?

Thin-skinned and not contrite? He apologized directly to Orr and mentioned him by name, what in the hell did you want him to do?

We also have no idea if Smart told anyone that Orr said something racist, I tend to think that he didn't because of how Ford acted in the press conference. You still sore about that back flip?

Wwwwwwwwwhat? (Chappelle as L'il John).  That Marcus is thin-skinned shouldn't be controversial.  It's clear that no one would conduct that kind of behavior, so he was just saying what he had to say.  Regarding his level of contrition, I did specify that he didn't seem contrite - and that is obviously a personal opinion, but I axe you, did you feel like his apology was heartfelt? I did not.  I don't think he gives a crap.

Yes

Do you then expect his comportment will have changed 4 games hence?

I'm not sure what him being a back-flipping, crybaby, flopping douche has to do with him being sorry about pushing that man and getting suspended when his team needs him the most. Maybe you can help me with the correlation?

Just saying this whole "I'm sorry, I let my team down, I won't let that happen again" thing is becoming a pattern.

So in your mind because he kicked that chair he couldn't possibly be contrite about either apology? After you apologize for something you then have to be mistake free?

Huh? What? Yes, that's exactly what I said.   :Ugh: If you insist on being argumentative, I will acquiesce that it really doesn't matter to me in the end what Marcus Smart does or says.  Just reading his body language and tone, this amateur psychologist doesn't think Smart gets it.  But, it's his life and, more importantly, my entertainment.  As a consumer of the college basketball product, I suppose I should be grateful for the show that is Marcus Smart.  Maybe that's the better way to think about it, because I've long been a proponent of not using sports figures to teach morality.  I'm not a stakeholder in OSU athletics, so Marcus Smart owes me nothing.

Then again, I don't know Marcus Smart.  I don't know his heart...

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
This would make more sense if you guys knew the history. Marcus Smart's best friend died from a piece of crap.

I thought his best friend was that dorky white kid OSU recruited to get Smart.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 10, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »

Didn't realize KU football was deadly. RIP

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 10, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »
Does anyone know if Marcus Smart has a sister?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 10, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
I told you Smart was a sociopath.  If calling someone a "piece of crap" makes you an awful person and a racist then the mods on this board are awful racists and I get a free shove(will take 3 game suspension).

Also, Smart saying that guy used a racial slur is worse than shoving him.  This guy will forever wear a scarlet "R" and that sucks for him

That is pretty mumped up.  It's like a verbal flop, but you're flopping with someone's life.

Here at goEMAW unfounded claims of racism are avant-garde, so this tragedy will likely go unnoticed.

Do either of you have a link proving that Smart accused that man of this, because I've been following this pretty closely and I have yet to see this.

Two white guys playing the victim and making up "facts" in a race issue to make the poor poor white man seem more disenfranchised than he already is; isn't this a text book race card play?

I don't know if this is proof or not, but it seems he said it where several people on the sidelines could hear him and was acknowledged over the radio broadcast right as it happened.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/02/marcus-smart-told-okla-st-coaches-fan-he-shoved-called-him-a-n-word/

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Marcus is taking away from how awesome Melvin Ejim is  :gocho:

TCU defense......not real defense.

RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 10, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
BITB got really mad today. He kept saying if this guys didn't call him a racist name, why is Smart getting away with lying about it? He said there's nothing worse than calling a guy racist, when the guy never sent a racist remark.  :dunno: I'm paraphrasing here, but I think that's pretty close to what was going on today on the show.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 10, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »
BITB must have read about Smart's life-flopping here at goEMAW.com

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:13 PM »
#makin' news

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »
Smart is OSU's Chamberlain.  They had to change the rules because of him.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 22, 2014, 10:22:16 AM »
Watching an interview of him with Holly on Gameday... When he decides to go pro his first endorsement deal needs to be with Proactive. HD is not friendly to him at all.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
Watching an interview of him with Holly on Gameday... When he decides to go pro his first endorsement deal needs to be with Proactive. HD is not friendly to him at all.
Are you calling him a pizza face?  :frown:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
Are you calling him a pizza face?  :frown:

ESPN should've used more wide angle shots during that interview.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »

I thought Spradling had that first
@Trogdor_gE