Author Topic: Omaha CWS EMAW pak  (Read 6839 times)

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
Omaha CWS EMAW pak
« on: June 06, 2010, 12:00:08 AM »
Regardless of whether the cats work their way to the CWS in Omaha, pretty sure I'm going to be flying :AA: in from Dallas on the 23rd for personal reasons. Those interested in OmaPak'n at Rosenblatt in the few days thereafter (Rosenblattt last year ppl!) should chime in.

Also those with high Rosenblatt/Omaha HQ and how to navigate this deal, plz chime in. SD? :flush:

Looks like I can get 'books' of tix for like 70 bones but unsure of what that means.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Omaha CWS EMAW pak
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »
Regardless of whether the cats work their way to the CWS in Omaha, pretty sure I'm going to be flying :AA: in from Dallas on the 23rd for personal reasons. Those interested in OmaPak'n at Rosenblatt in the few days thereafter (Rosenblattt last year ppl!) should chime in.

Also those with high Rosenblatt/Omaha HQ and how to navigate this deal, plz chime in. SD? :flush:

Looks like I can get 'books' of tix for like 70 bones but unsure of what that means.

those books of tix prob mean that they are GA and that you aren't guaranteed a seat. you'll have to show up a good hour or two before the game and stand in line behind the outfield. i would pick a game or two and just buy tickets. as soon as you find out what schools are in, you should call their athletic dept and try to get tix.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
Ya, GA tickets suck the fat one.  You may have to get there very early to stand in line to get in.  Some of the games will have walk in seating and some will be a pain in the ass.  But, may be interested in PAK'ing depending on your schedule.  If you can get reserved seats it's much more convenient. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
Ya, GA tickets suck the fat one.  You may have to get there very early to stand in line to get in.  Some of the games will have walk in seating and some will be a pain in the ass.  But, may be interested in PAK'ing depending on your schedule.  If you can get reserved seats it's much more convenient. 

reserved seats are the only way to go and they really shouldn't be that hard to get. i've done it twice before.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:32:10 AM »
They won't be playing @ Rosenblatt once the new stadium is complete?  (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay).  Anybody know the last place the CWS was played, other than Rosenblatt?  :eyeseeyou:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 07:57:45 AM »
They won't be playing @ Rosenblatt once the new stadium is complete?  (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay).  Anybody know the last place the CWS was played, other than Rosenblatt?  :eyeseeyou:

Rosenblatt is a POS.  All of those, "Save Rosenblatt!" people had either never been there or they own Zesto. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 08:10:55 AM »

Rosenblatt is a POS.  All of those, "Save Rosenblatt!" people had either never been there or they own Zesto. 
Rosenblatt itself really isnt that hug of a POS. Its just in a POS part of town and there isnt anything close to it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »

Rosenblatt itself really isnt that hug of a POS. Its just in a POS part of town and there isnt anything close to it.

No, it's both a POS and in a POS part of town. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »

As far as old ass stadiums go it is pretty nice. And does not have a distinct smell like many others I have been too.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »

As far as old ass stadiums go it is pretty nice. And does not have a distinct smell like many others I have been too.

A)  That's the zoo you are smelling
B)  It's a rat trap with peeling paint, terrible restrooms/plumbing, terrible parking and it's falling apart.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:06:12 PM »
SD, correct me if I'm wrong but the "Save Rosenblatt!" people are likely the same people that would eat Runza everyday..

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »
SD, correct me if I'm wrong but the "Save Rosenblatt!" people are likely the same people that would eat Runza everyday..

Yes, same people.  You always see Kevin Costner chowing a fat nast runza whenever he is in town. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
Eat a double KONG
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »
Eat a double KONG

Did you know they make a triple KONG?  It's unfathomable to me.  Try eating that with some bean salad. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
Eat a double KONG

Did you know they make a triple KONG?  It's unfathomable to me.  Try eating that with some bean salad. 
Still have never eaten there. Any good? looks disgusting.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
Eat a double KONG

Looks can be deceiving....but in this instance they nailed it

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 02:43:39 PM »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
definitely a POS part of town, good idea to knock it down and give it to the zoo, not a good idea to build 2 stadiums, 1 for the royals and 1 for the cws and that crappy football semi-pro crap that might be starting

-Would be up for 'Pak if it worked out.........
I'm purple down

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 07:31:11 PM »
that burger looks like something I would have gotten at the cafeteria in high school only with three patties instead of one.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
25% chance that i make it up opening weekend. i'd really like to though.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »
So, the answer to my little trivia question earlier is Wichita.  The last place (other than Rosenblatt) the CWS was played was LDS in Wichita.  So, now you know.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
Am going next Saturday. Anyone else?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »
Eat a double KONG

JG surprised me with some Runza at the Nebraska bball game since I was talking about it the whole way up.  It was just this ball of mostly flavorless bad food.  I wouldn't throw it up or anything, but why anybody would want it is lightyears beyond me.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
Eat a double KONG

JG surprised me with some Runza at the Nebraska bball game since I was talking about it the whole way up.  It was just this ball of mostly flavorless bad food.  I wouldn't throw it up or anything, but why anybody would want it is lightyears beyond me.
:surprised:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
Eat a double KONG

+1
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb