Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234247 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1800 on: October 09, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »

video cameras in every phone and most cop car dashboards are the best thing to ever happen to police behavior there ever was.  lol @ thinking that police abuse is happening more now than in earlier years.

Yep.  Friend of mine growing up's dad was a cop before they moved to my town.  This was mid '80's.  When I was a late teen, was talking about him to my dad and was informed that the guy was kicked off of some small town police force for giving a BJ or Ticket ultimatum to many a female driver.  He never got prosecuted or anything, which tells me it happened often enough for his boss to realize it wasn't some raving pissed off woman, it was something that was actually probably happening.   Also, surprise!  He was a huge eff head.

Apparently police rape is pretty common in Oklahoma. The solution apparently is for women to just obey traffic laws.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/ok-trooper-tells-local-news-best-way-not-to-get-raped-by-cops-is-to-follow-the-law/

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1801 on: October 09, 2014, 10:49:36 PM »
cops only abuse dumbasses who somehow manage to have run-ins with cops

This. We need more cops so we can eradicate dumbassery. People that are scared of cops are all dumbasses, ftr.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 10, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Am I being detained?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 10, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
gah!

In between these two periods of 40+ hours was a flashpoint: the raid itself. The task force shot Hooks dead in his own home, pursuing the self-serving pipe dreams of a meth addict. The SWAT team broke down the back door and fired "no less than 16 shots" at David Hooks, some blindly through an adjacent wall. Hooks had every right to pick up his weapon and investigate this second home invasion. But in doing so, he gave every raiding officer all the justification needed to shoot first -- and shoot often.

He's too dead to be charged with forcing law enforcement weapons to discharge (because they fire themselves so often in official police statements), and he died as the result of a speedy judge-jury-executioner process that hinged on the arbitrary credulity of the Sheriff's Department and its drug task force. To call this willing suspension of disbelief an "investigation" is to strip the word of all meaning. (And beat it. And send it naked and bruised into the harsh winter, etc.) A late-night raid has all sort of deadly implications that could have been avoided by an actual investigation. Now, the department has blood on its hands and a lawyer on its trail -- all because a burglar told some law enforcement officers whatever came to mind during his interrogation.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141004/15443628731/swat-team-raids-house-kills-homeowner-because-criminal-who-burglarized-house-told-them-to.shtml

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 10, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
No knock raids like this have got to stop.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 22, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »
Former St. Louis County Police Chief continues his serious of highly inappropriate interviews. http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/20/former-police-chief-speaks-on-latest-michael-brown-information-released/

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Information about the Michael Brown fatal police shooting is beginning to leak out, and former St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch says it’s no accident the feds are allowing the information.

Fitch discussed a New York Times article indicating, according to federal investigators, there was a struggle that led up to the fatal police shooting of Brown, with KMOX’s Mark Reardon on Monday.

Fitch calls the information from the investigation coming out as phase two – to “coordinate leaks to the media, and to start getting some of the facts out there to kind of let people down slowly,” he says. “When I say this is phase two – phase one was really Eric Holder’s announcement how they were going to basically do a complete review and take over the Ferguson Police Department.”

Fitch says he thinks the feds recognize that it’s “probably very unlikely” that there’s going to be charges against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.

“There was a struggle over the weapon. Law enforcement, we know that about half the officers killed every year with firearms are killed with their own,” he says. “So the fact that he didn’t have his own doesn’t mean there wasn’t a weapon there available that could be used in deadly force use.”

Fitch may well be right, but he needs to shut the eff up. His commentary as a former area police chief is not helping to smooth tensions.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 22, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »
I read that Brown's sweat, or blood, or something, was found on the gun, indicating there was a struggle for the weapon.   Given the distance btwn the two at the time of the shooting, that would reinforce the story of the struggle for the gun in the car.  Even w that, there is still a really big problem with the fact that brown was unarmed and away from Wilson when shot.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 22, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
I read that Brown's sweat, or blood, or something, was found on the gun, indicating there was a struggle for the weapon.   Given the distance btwn the two at the time of the shooting, that would reinforce the story of the struggle for the gun in the car.  Even w that, there is still a really big problem with the fact that brown was unarmed and away from Wilson when shot.

True, but if there were a struggle for the gun, Wilson could have been disoriented and in fear for his life. It wouldn't take long at all for Brown to get to the distance he was shot at. It's really weird that Brown was still facing him, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »

True, but if there were a struggle for the gun, Wilson could have been disoriented and in fear for his life. It wouldn't take long at all for Brown to get to the distance he was shot at. It's really weird that Brown was still facing him, though.

CNN has a story right now that says that Brown was shot in the hand at close range and that Wilson says he shot twice in a struggle at the car and then killed Brown when Brown turned around and charged him.  I don't know what distance we are talking about, but that is still a problem, imo. 

I can say that there is pretty much no way that Wilson gets charged.  Furguson is going to explode.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 22, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
The burden of proof is much lower for indictment than for conviction. There's no way he'll be convicted, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is indicted, and it might even be appropriate. We're not privy to everything being presented to the GJ.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »

CNN has a story right now that says that Brown was shot in the hand at close range and that Wilson says he shot twice in a struggle at the car and then killed Brown when Brown turned around and charged him.  I don't know what distance we are talking about, but that is still a problem, imo. 

I can say that there is pretty much no way that Wilson gets charged.  Furguson is going to explode.

Charging the officer with murder in that situation would just be wrong. Charging him with anything would, really. Of course, that might not have really been what happened.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »
they should indict him just for the sake of transparency and due diligence. then the 24 hour news cycle can dissect every piece of evidence and every word and every eyebrow twitch until everyone is thoroughly bored with the whole thing and nobody even cares anymore.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 22, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
Outside of Furguson and St Louis, themselves, the boredom thing seems to already have happened nationally.  Furguston and St. Louis, on the other hand, are still going strong.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
“There was a struggle over the weapon. Law enforcement, we know that about half the officers killed every year with firearms are killed with their own,” he says.

Seems like you could cut officer killings in half if you took away their guns

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 22, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
“There was a struggle over the weapon. Law enforcement, we know that about half the officers killed every year with firearms are killed with their own,” he says.

Seems like you could cut officer killings in half if you took away their guns

Yeah. There really isn't any reason for officers to be carrying lethal rounds. They should have rubber bullets.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
can you imagine the look on the crook's face the next time he wrestles a gun away from a cop, shoots him, and then finds out it was a non lethal round? 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
What a pickle.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 22, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
Anyone else see the video of the protester blaming the Jews for covering up what really happened? Can't remember where I saw it sadly.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 22, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
Anyone else see the video of the protester blaming the Jews for covering up what really happened? Can't remember where I saw it sadly.

Quote from: mortons toe

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »

Quote from: mortons toe

LOL, i was just coming over to post the one that has subtitles

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 22, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
Yeah I'm gonna need to see that blaming the Jews video and also an explanation about that gif

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 22, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »

and also an explanation about that gif

fairly popular meme.  he's actually saying "injustice" in Portuguese

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 22, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
Soccer bros are such whiners. I bet he flopped after that and just laid on his back faking an injury. He's too hairless too.

This is what a man looks like:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 30, 2014, 08:24:50 AM »
White kids rioting in San Francisco because a baseball team won a game, no one cares

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 30, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
White kids rioting in San Francisco because a baseball team won a game, no one cares

I care Rusty, I care. Kansas Citians wouldn't have rioted last night if we had won, because we're good people who deserve good things. The wrong team won last night.