Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234342 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #725 on: August 16, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 16, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »
:emawkid:
Also the amount of shots fired (more than 1 that land) leads me to believe that the cop was one or all of these: a giant bad person dick, a man who had his pride ruined, and a man with thoughts of carrying out justice on his own.

The cops own story involves a shot at close range and more at 35 feet. That's all I need to know.
I have issue with people complaining about shots fired in many cases.   Ive offered to let people shoot my weapons to just to see how quickly 8 rounds can be fired.  Most radically underestimate it.  I  my issue here is out of being a bit of a responsible gun advocate. 

You don't sound like a very responsible gun advocate.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 16, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
And I think most people itt have views similar to mine on the situation. I think most are past the burglary, so you can throw that out if you want to continue itt. Most agree there was an altercation. Most agree Brown assaulted the police officer and that the officer responded in kind or vice versa depending upon who started it. Most are ok with the officer shooting him once, which is what the police are saying happened at close range. Brown is still alive. I THINK most agree with this or are ok with this scenario. Where it changes is the shots fired after and the events that lead to it. I'll let others speak for themselves.

I feel that there was no reason for additional gun fire. "I don't fault him for that initial shot." Of course I will change my mind if evidence shows that the cop started the physical interaction.

The officer killed a guy guilty of stealing cigars and assaulting a police officer (I don't give five fucks about the law, the cop is a man is a man). So the officer killed a guy that stole cigars, pushed someone, and beat him up. As a man, I can't fathom any of that as evidence to shoot someone til they are dead. It takes someone with an inferiority complex or someone who feels they are responsible for carrying out justice on their own. His job is to arrest and submit evidence. The DA, etc, is responsible for justice.

You may very well be right, but you also need to recognize that it's very easy for you to offer this critique as a guy who wasn't just violently assaulted. Even the eye witnesses were passive observers, and you can't discount the notion that it's possible they viewed things through somewhat anti-cop glasses. So far, it appears that one of the witnesses was, to put it politely, fibbing about how the altercation started (though that's probably more due to friendship than any other bias).

To determine whether the officer's actions were reasonable - and that's the amorphous standard that counts - you must put yourself in the shoes of the officer. That doesn't mean you adopt any of his prejudices, irrational emotions, etc., but you do have to view the situation in the context of what he just experienced. You also need to appreciate that this probably happened very fast - I'd guess less than 15 seconds from the first shot being fired in the car to the last.

We need to hear the cop's side of the story, and whether that is supported by the physical evidence (distance and orientation of body, wound forensics, etc.) I'm also curious whether the cop/vehicle made an audio recording of the confrontation. Has it already been confirmed that there is no recording?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 16, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
Can we just all say that I won? I mean MIR already said this was a thread of heavyweights and I'm in it. I cannot think of a higher compliment. So I bow. I love you all. :D

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 16, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »
@wackycat08 get in here and close this case.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 16, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
You were very thoughtful and measured, but show some decorum. One person is dead, and another's life is irreparably damaged. Good God, man.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Can we just all say that I won? I mean MIR already said this was a thread of heavyweights and I'm in it. I cannot think of a higher compliment. So I bow. I love you all. :D

this is a thread of heavyweight dumbasses

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 16, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 16, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 16, 2014, 11:07:34 PM »
White people on facebook are loving the crap out of this guy:

http://alfonzorachel.com/2057/want-justice-gin-juice-hair-extensions-rims-democrats#sthash.WkilvkPI.gbpl

Seems pretty neo-connie to me. It's cool that he thinks for himself though.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 16, 2014, 11:13:24 PM »

:ROFL: I love kim carnes

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 17, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »

Incredible dumbassery on the part of the cops to even put themselves in a position to have this picture taken.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 17, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 17, 2014, 12:59:39 AM »
The media should stop calling these people protesters. The protesters went home hours ago.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 17, 2014, 01:09:40 AM »
Police lying about "smoke canisters" being shot when it's actually tear gas.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 17, 2014, 08:02:31 AM »
If a cop is somehow surprised or caught off guard about how quickly his gone can shoot 8 rounds he shouldn't be a cop.  It's a semi-auto weapon, each shot takes a trigger squeeze. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 17, 2014, 08:13:57 AM »
The media should stop calling these people protesters. The protesters went home hours ago.

There were absolutely protesters there after curfew, not all protesters have the same agenda our are cut from the same cloth.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 17, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
If a cop is somehow surprised or caught off guard about how quickly his gone can shoot 8 rounds he shouldn't be a cop.  It's a semi-auto weapon, each shot takes a trigger squeeze.

That wasn't my point. My point was that it can (but not necessarily was) difficult to judge whether a perpetrator is attacking or surrendering in such a short period of time, particularly when you've just been attacked by the perpetrator. This thing happened fast in real time, and it seems like a lot of posters are judging based on a slow motion reel in their head of something they didn't even witness. Not saying the cop's innocent - just saying it's probably not nearly as clear as people on here seem to think.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »

There were absolutely protesters there after curfew, not all protesters have the same agenda our are cut from the same cloth.

If you decide to "protest" during a curfew imposed due to looting and rioting, you're asking for trouble. I have no sympathy. The curfew is valid.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 17, 2014, 08:22:34 AM »

If you decide to "protest" during a curfew imposed due to looting and rioting, you're asking for trouble. I have no sympathy. The curfew is valid.

Let's not judge the curfew just yet.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 17, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »

Why did you quote my post? Your post has nothing to do with what I typed, get bent.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 17, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »

You gotta let your nuts hang...

BOOM BOOM BOOM on your black ass, bitch!
Here's another hit from my crap
I made a couple of moves and five-oh were outsmarted
Here's part two of how I started
Slangin them thangs on a dope cut
Five-ohs are ridin my dick, but so WHAT?
What can you do to a nigga like Face?
And why you sweatin Ak in the the first place?
That's the motherfuckin problem
See a young nigga rollin a Beemer and gotta stop him
But I'm a tell you like this, heh
All lawmen suck dick!
Sneaky as hell and try to bust ya
But you can die motherfuckers, cause bitch I don't love ya
You're makin it harder, on my fellas
These dopefiend bitches, and the big drug sellers
How can you preach to the fiends that they should quit
While Barry's up in Washington smokin that crap!
You need to get yourself a life or keep tryin
Or more and more cops'll be dyin, cause I am
Sick of seein niggaz bein shortstopped
By a buck-oh-five dick and a booty-ass cop
You figure you're hard cause you're a cop see
eff WITH ME! I'm a put that ass in a box G
Cause I don't give two fucks about ya punk
You may carry a 45 but yo I pack a pump
And you can step up if you want, bitch
I ain't askin no questions, I'm goin for my crap
I'm runnin up I ain't afraid
I'm from the land of the heartless, the home of the paid
And if you want a gang no thang
I get my ass taxed, but I'm a STILL let my nuts hang!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 17, 2014, 08:34:39 AM »

Yeah, they were. I saw that later. Figured they were the same idiots causing trouble from earlier nights. Some prob were, but many of the 150 or so were actually still protesting.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 17, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »
I have always wondered where the hell the govt legally gets off imposing a curfew.  Outside of the Martial Law stuff, that will never happen, how do they have the right to do such a thing constitutionally?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 17, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »
I have always wondered where the hell the govt legally gets off imposing a curfew.  Outside of the Martial Law stuff, that will never happen, how do they have the right to do such a thing constitutionally?

Seems very close to violation of the first but I assume has been upheld when public safety involved.