Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234216 times)

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #425 on: August 15, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson-police-report.pdf
police reports

Why haven't they arrested Johnson?
who the hell knows

why didn't the cops get out in front of this by releasing info early?

Talk about throwing fuel on the fire, arresting Johnson would have been a terrible idea imo.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:01 AM »
Interesting. Also, holy crap, how did that photo leak?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »
Amazing how quickly the story can change as facts come to light. So anyone still believe the friend's "the cop initiated the physical confrontation by grabbing Brown from a seated position in his patrol vehicle" bullshit story?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
I'm not exactly quick to believe the police department that so colossally mumped this situation up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
of Brown or the surveillance cams?  The cams were from open records requests. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 15, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
Amazing how quickly the story can change as facts come to light. So anyone still believe the friend's "the cop initiated the physical confrontation by grabbing Brown from a seated position in his patrol vehicle" bullshit story?

The only thing this changes is that Dorian Johnson isn't credible but he wasn't the only witness. The cop initiating physical confrontation from inside the vehicle is much more believable than the story that cops told, that Johnson tried to take the cop's gun who was inside of the vehicle. The truth is likely in the middle.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 15, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
Yeah, I was talking about the brown pic on the ground. I'm sure a bystandar could have shot that up to the cloud immediately.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »

I'm guessing he means of Brown, but I'm sure that isn't anything that leaked but a photo that a bystander took at the scene. It took 10 minutes for him to be covered up.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 15, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »

The only thing this changes is that Dorian Johnson isn't credible but he wasn't the only witness. The cop initiating physical confrontation from inside the vehicle is much more believable than the story that cops told, that Johnson tried to take the cop's gun who was inside of the vehicle. The truth is likely in the middle.
square that circle a little more for me.  Why do you think its more credible than the cops?  After all, isn't it alleged now that these two used physical intimidation to steal?  Why can't we make the jump that they used the same physical intimidation to threaten a cop and once the confrontation escalated it went to gun grabbing.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 15, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »
I guess I am irrational as I have done it before.  Not in a car, but on a bar stool. 

Just curious - were you drunk at the time? It's possible that alcohol impaired your normal fight/flight instincts. The normal instint would be spring off of the bar stool before grabbing the person (or, if you were in a movie, finding the nearest pool cue/beer bottle and breaking it in half).

It's all theoretical at this point now that we video evidence just 10 minutes before the confrontation of Brown being a thug. That makes this a pretty easy call who started the fight. Still doesn't justify the shooting without more information.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 15, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 15, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »
right on, I just didn't want to assume I knew which pic you meant. 
From the distance and angle I assumed by standard, which surprised me it didn't come out sooner.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 15, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »

You're reaching now, MIR, really reaching. Stick to the shooting. That's the more questionable act at this point.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 15, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
I guess I am irrational as I have done it before.  Not in a car, but on a bar stool. 

Just curious - were you drunk at the time? It's possible that alcohol impaired your normal fight/flight instincts. The normal instint would be spring off of the bar stool before grabbing the person (or, if you were in a movie, finding the nearest pool cue/beer bottle and breaking it in half).

It's all theoretical at this point now that we video evidence just 10 minutes before the confrontation of Brown being a thug. That makes this a pretty easy call who started the fight. Still doesn't justify the shooting without more information.

Can we like outlaw the word thug, you use alot of credibility when you use that word.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 15, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 15, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
K-S-U is party rocking his ass off

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »

square that circle a little more for me.  Why do you think its more credible than the cops?  After all, isn't it alleged now that these two used physical intimidation to steal?  Why can't we make the jump that they used the same physical intimidation to threaten a cop and once the confrontation escalated it went to gun grabbing.

Square what circle, did you stop reading before I said the truth is likely in the middle? How in the hell could anyone take a gun from a cop in a car? Either it is in a holster or it was being pointed at Brown. If it was holstered that cop would have to be dead for Brown to reach into the car and get to his hip while seated. If it were pointed at Brown the cop certainly would have squeezed off a round before any struggle for the gun happened.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:36 AM »

You're reaching now, MIR, really reaching. Stick to the shooting. That's the more questionable act at this point.

Oh that's rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »

Can we like outlaw the word thug, you use alot of credibility when you use that word.

Why?

thug
/TH?g/

noun

noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug

1. a violent person, especially a criminal.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »

Square what circle, did you stop reading before I said the truth is likely in the middle? How in the hell could anyone take a gun from a cop in a car? Either it is in a holster or it was being pointed at Brown. If it was holstered that cop would have to be dead for Brown to reach into the car and get to his hip while seated. If it were pointed at Brown the cop certainly would have squeezed off a round before any struggle for the gun happened.
I thought they were out of the car and there the confrontation continued.  Supposedly Brown was moving away and shot, while the cop maintains the confrontation continued, gun grab, shots etc.  Or am I wrong on the narratives?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »

I'm reaching by staying the truth lies in the middle of a story told by a police department that hasn't been forthright with anything that happened that day and a story told by a witness who just committed a crime that put these events in motion? Okay, sure :thumbsup:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
By the way, was Brown stealing and assaulting the worker at the same QT that was torched? Would make the ensuing looting/torching more than a little ironic.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson-police-report.pdf
police reports

I hope they complete/release the full report for 14-12391 as well as they did for 14-12388.  I mean, as riveting as that cigars story was (and we at gE love cigar stories), I think most people are more curious about the shooting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

I thought they were out of the car and there the confrontation continued.  Supposedly Brown was moving away and shot, while the cop maintains the confrontation continued, gun grab, shots etc.  Or am I wrong on the narratives?

I'm not completely sure we know. The eyewitness accounts have the first shot being fired from the car so that would mean the supposed struggle happened there as well.