Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30790 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Assuming MIR is right (never a safe move), Tomlin will have completed a six-game NCAA suspension as of tonight. Now the charade will continue with Tang praising the work and attention  Nae'Quan made to recommit himself to the team and being a better person and student. 
\\

I also said that NCAA suspensions vary in length based on the violation and how much money you took. Kerr Kriisa is currently serving a 9 game suspension.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Just as long as he's back by Nova.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The fact that he wasn't in uniform or even on the bench solidifies my belief that he's serving an NCAA suspension.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wait a minute, he was on the bench last night  :love:
https://twitter.com/KStateMBB/status/1727537200928006459

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Need that man for Villanova
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wait a minute, he was on the bench last night  :love:
https://twitter.com/KStateMBB/status/1727537200928006459

So what would this hypothetically mean?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not a damn clue

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It means a lot more alley oops in our future boys
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
In his post-game press Wednesday, Tang said he was back with the team because he felt it was better for Nae'Quan to not be isolated. Coach said he wasn't practicing because his ankle is still sore (didn't know it was hurt). As for when he'll start playing, "part of the process."
A few more games of suspension, maybe? NCAA kind of arbitrary on the number of games handed down. I saw the WV center transfer was given an eight-game suspension for something he did/accepted at his former school.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In his post-game press Wednesday, Tang said he was back with the team because he felt it was better for Nae'Quan to not be isolated. Coach said he wasn't practicing because his ankle is still sore (didn't know it was hurt). As for when he'll start playing, "part of the process."
A few more games of suspension, maybe? NCAA kind of arbitrary on the number of games handed down. I saw the WV center transfer was given an eight-game suspension for something he did/accepted at his former school.

Guard and it's nine games

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This hasn't made it's way here yet but according to Cole Manbeck UPres Dick Lint seems to be preventing 'Qwan from coming back and the coaches are livid about it. Fitz says, and I can't read this because it's apparently behind his paywall, that Lint is worried about a title ix violation, but he's the only one with that concern. He also wants Tomlin to not come back at all.

Buckle up.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
This hasn't made it's way here yet but according to Cole Manbeck UPres Dick Lint seems to be preventing 'Qwan from coming back and the coaches are livid about it. Fitz says, and I can't read this because it's apparently behind his paywall, that Lint is worried about a title ix violation, but he's the only one with that concern. He also wants Tomlin to not come back at all.

Buckle up.

don't like that

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
HAVE WE CONSIDERED LINTON NOT COMING BACK AT ALL!?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I had no idea our president is named Dick lint
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's time to clean out the lint. It's unsanitary.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I had no idea our president is named Dick lint

I had to look it up b/c too good to be true. Richard Linton is the name. Meddling in sports is his game.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Buckle up.
none of this sounds good

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's the student affairs office, not the pres office from what I've heard, and the pres has to abide by student affairs in these types of matters as I understand it.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Buckle up.
none of this sounds good
Doesn't this guy know he's insulated by the assistant coaches, head coach, and athletic director? Just look the other way! SEC has shown you "how it's done" because "it just means more".

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's the student affairs office, not the pres office from what I've heard, and the pres has to abide by student affairs in these types of matters as I understand it.

Wait. Did the lint come before or after the affair? Just how deep does this disease go?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
without additional details regarding the infraction, it’s tough to know who is right. 

any chance we can bring in an arbitrator to shuffle through the process and come to an equitable solution?

it’s hard to imagine how leveling the death penalty on our young tomlin is in his best interests.

who’s running the show in the student affairs office?  someone needs to pay these people a visit, pronto!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Between that and apparently what Tang said in the pressor about the student section sounds like it was one helluva pressor
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the reality is if Tang feels he does not have full authority of his program he will go somewhere he will.  the details of the incident are cloudy to say the least but if we have opened a title IX investigation because a girl was caught in the cross fire of a fight between an athlete and the bouncers at Tubby's we should just bring back oscar

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
We whipped this entire process's ass when it came to CK.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Hop in, Dick!