Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 54226 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:48 AM »
Do people honestly think National Parks maintain themselves?

I don't think anyone thinks that, but good straw man. In fact, the house has, among other things, voted to continue funding the NPS, but the Senate refuses to accept any piecemeal funding because they need an all-or-nothing approach to protect the bloat.

That is all beside the point, however. The point is that the Obama admin is not only "closing" things that don't cost a dime to keep open - like a rough ridin' view - it is actually spending money to close these things, not to mention paying a bunch of extra security to keep monuments closed that could just as easily be open, and for what?

This whole thing is now a circus being ran by the libtards in order to pass all their "bloat"...shutting down views and highways is asinine and should not be tolerated. The monuments were payed for by the people, for the people...so if I want to drive to bumfuck SD or AZ to look at a monument, I goddamn will.

I've had enough of this crap...

everything shut down was paid for by the people

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

I don't think anyone thinks that, but good straw man. In fact, the house has, among other things, voted to continue funding the NPS, but the Senate refuses to accept any piecemeal funding because they need an all-or-nothing approach to protect the bloat.

That is all beside the point, however. The point is that the Obama admin is not only "closing" things that don't cost a dime to keep open - like a rough ridin' view - it is actually spending money to close these things, not to mention paying a bunch of extra security to keep monuments closed that could just as easily be open, and for what?

This whole thing is now a circus being ran by the libtards in order to pass all their "bloat"...shutting down views and highways is asinine and should not be tolerated. The monuments were payed for by the people, for the people...so if I want to drive to bumfuck SD or AZ to look at a monument, I goddamn will.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that matters, but interesting fact: the vast majority of the WWII memorial was paid for with private donations. The government also attempted to close George Washington's home at Mt. Vernon, but that's privately owned, so they had to settle for closing the parking lot instead. Not making this up.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
Ok, this one's not real, yet, but I thought it was funny: "Due to a SHUTDOWN of 15% of the federal government, including much of the EPA, the American people are now required to hold their breath for 15% of each day. Your compliance is mandatory."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »

by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »
Ok, this one's not real, yet, but I thought it was funny: "Due to a SHUTDOWN of 15% of the federal government, including much of the EPA, the American people are now required to hold their breath for 15% of each day. Your compliance is mandatory."

You actually thought that was funny?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »

Right, because the EPA provides our air. Never mind, I've got a weird sense of humor.

Back to the real stuff, the Amber Alert website is down due to the SHUTDOWN, but Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" website is still running just fine. We've got to prioritize during these lean times, people! Message to kids: Stay in shape so you can outrun your abductors!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2013, 09:39:56 AM »

moderate post

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »

moderate post

I really enjoyed the moderate weather this weekend.  How about you?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »

moderate post

I really enjoyed the moderate weather this weekend.  How about you?

not too hot, not too cold.  october is great, Limestone

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
my experience is that if people have to explain their whacky/off beat sense of humor to you, then they don't have a good sense of what is actually funny vs what isn't.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »
probably luked but this was about the only one I've lol'd too

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »

Right, because the EPA provides our air. Never mind, I've got a weird sense of humor.

Back to the real stuff, the Amber Alert website is down due to the SHUTDOWN, but Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" website is still running just fine. We've got to prioritize during these lean times, people! Message to kids: Stay in shape so you can outrun your abductors!

hahaha...sadly, this isn't far from the truth...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »

http://www.amberalert.gov/

:dunno:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »

They just made it look like it was down

http://www.infowars.com/was-governments-amber-alert-offline-notice-a-fake/

Man, what a circus.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »
It does seem like they're using more resources keeping people from enjoying the parks than just keeping them open and staffed as normal.

what is the rough ridin' point of a government shutdown if everything the government runs stays open.  this is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) political theater i've ever seen in my life.  shut down rough ridin' everything, then people will actually see how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) the republitards are.  it's rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that stupid rough ridin' morons like K-S-U quibble over what should and shouldn't be shut down in a rough ridin' SHUTDOWN.  shut the whole rough rider down.

Respectfully, you're missing the point, and I'm not sure why. It's very simple. The federal government is, in many cases, spending more resources keeping parks and monuments closed than if they simply remained open. For example, there was absolutely no reason to set down cones closing off scenic overlooks to Mt. Rushmore - that view doesn't cost the government a dime, but they spent money anyway to put the cones down. It was purely punitive. They've evidently done the same thing with roads near the Grand Canyon. Similarly, with the amount of security employed to keep many monuments closed, they could just as easily remain open. The government saves no money with these actions - liberals are simply trying to punish Americans because they're not getting their way. "We own this, and you peasants don't get to see it until you feed us, with no conditions." It is a perfect illustration of the tyranny inherent in big government.

You are correct that even during the SHUTDOWN, a big chunk of the government (I've heard 87%?!) is still open. Your frustration that the SHUTDOWN isn't more painful is somewhat amusing, coming from a liberal who I presume advocates for more government. It is this very "I'll show you" attitude that is causing Obama to pointlessly close down public parks and monuments.

Dude, if you would have read the article about the Grand Canyon you would realize the highways in were shutdown  for safety reasons because of the overflow of traffic and shoulder parking. I'm sure that's the case for Rushmore and other attractions.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »

They just made it look like it was down

http://www.infowars.com/was-governments-amber-alert-offline-notice-a-fake/

Man, what a circus.

Ha ha. Bet they blame a "rogue employee" or "hacker" next. :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
It does seem like they're using more resources keeping people from enjoying the parks than just keeping them open and staffed as normal.

what is the rough ridin' point of a government shutdown if everything the government runs stays open.  this is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) political theater i've ever seen in my life.  shut down rough ridin' everything, then people will actually see how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) the republitards are.  it's rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that stupid rough ridin' morons like K-S-U quibble over what should and shouldn't be shut down in a rough ridin' SHUTDOWN.  shut the whole rough rider down.

Respectfully, you're missing the point, and I'm not sure why. It's very simple. The federal government is, in many cases, spending more resources keeping parks and monuments closed than if they simply remained open. For example, there was absolutely no reason to set down cones closing off scenic overlooks to Mt. Rushmore - that view doesn't cost the government a dime, but they spent money anyway to put the cones down. It was purely punitive. They've evidently done the same thing with roads near the Grand Canyon. Similarly, with the amount of security employed to keep many monuments closed, they could just as easily remain open. The government saves no money with these actions - liberals are simply trying to punish Americans because they're not getting their way. "We own this, and you peasants don't get to see it until you feed us, with no conditions." It is a perfect illustration of the tyranny inherent in big government.

You are correct that even during the SHUTDOWN, a big chunk of the government (I've heard 87%?!) is still open. Your frustration that the SHUTDOWN isn't more painful is somewhat amusing, coming from a liberal who I presume advocates for more government. It is this very "I'll show you" attitude that is causing Obama to pointlessly close down public parks and monuments.

Dude, if you would have read the article about the Grand Canyon you would realize the highways in were shutdown  for safety reasons because of the overflow of traffic and shoulder parking. I'm sure that's the case for Rushmore and other attractions.

There is not an "eyeroll" emoticon big enough for this statement. How do you do that thing where you blow up the emoticons?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Hey guys, were any of you planning on attending tomorrow's "amnesty so we can have Obamacare, too" rally at the National Mall? Don't worry, it will NOT be impacted by the government SHUTDOWN.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
Hey guys, were any of you planning on attending tomorrow's "amnesty so we can have Obamacare, too" rally at the National Mall? Don't worry, it will NOT be impacted by the government SHUTDOWN.

Well, let's hope they get Obamacare so we can stop paying for their trips to the ER.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »

Well, let's hope they get Obamacare so we can stop paying for their trips to the ER.

Right on. Then "Obamacare" will pay for it instead of us! :cheers:

And if Obamacare can pay for everyone's healthcare, can't it pony up a little more to pay off a few trillion of our debt? Come on Obamacare, don't be stingy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »

And if Obamacare can pay for everyone's healthcare, can't it pony up a little more to pay off a few trillion of our debt? Come on Obamacare, don't be stingy.

No, they would be paying for it themselves or getting fined, just like us.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »

Right. Except for the massive subsidies being provided to purchase said policies. "Obamacare" will pay for those, though, so no worries!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »

Right. Except for the massive subsidies being provided to purchase said policies. "Obamacare" will pay for those, though, so no worries!

At least they will pay something. How is that not better than the alternative where they just show up at the ER for "charity" care?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »

At least they will pay something. How is that not better than the alternative where they just show up at the ER for "charity" care?

Unless Obamacare and legalization causes them to consume more healthcare than they already do (likely), and this then drives up premiums for everyone else, in addition to footing the bill for the subsidies. Yes, adding 15-30 million mostly poor to our already crumbling entitlement system sounds like a marvelous idea!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »

Unless Obamacare and legalization causes them to consume more healthcare than they already do (likely), and this then drives up premiums for everyone else, in addition to footing the bill for the subsidies. Yes, adding 15-30 million mostly poor to our already crumbling entitlement system sounds like a marvelous idea!

Well, if everyone would just follow my lead and never go to the doctor for any reason (go to the dentist and optometrist of course), then health care costs would be pretty low. I'm not going to get mad about a bunch of hard working people who contribute a great deal to our society getting a method of taking care of themselves that is affordable to them, though.