Author Topic: new AD Hire (next door neighbor dad looking guy from iowa)  (Read 116658 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New AD List
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2017, 11:27:01 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:41 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2017, 06:53:20 AM »
I don't know much about Hocut except he hired Kliff.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2017, 07:12:31 AM »
I don't know much about Hocut except he hired Kliff.

It's a fair concern.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2017, 07:36:27 AM »
It is what the fans wanted. So at least he listens.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:03 AM »
yeah, kliff was a no brainer hire for him. it would've been like currie hiring brad last year. nobody in either situation would've been calling either a bad hire at the time.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
also, we should really just hurry up and hire weiberg before the osu AD dies and he's in Stillwater w/ brad for the next fifteen years.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »
yeah, kliff was a no brainer hire for him. it would've been like currie hiring brad last year. nobody in either situation would've been calling either a bad hire at the time.

That's fair, I wasn't talking necessarily about the hire, but not firing him yet.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:50 AM »
also, we should really just hurry up and hire weiberg before the osu AD dies and he's in Stillwater w/ brad for the next fifteen years.
Actually if OSU's AD dies then I'm pretty sure Brad becomes a lot cheaper to buy out...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2017, 08:56:21 AM »

That's fair, I wasn't talking necessarily about the hire, but not firing him yet.

yeah. that's the probable potential downfall of hiring the beloved school graduate. makes it harder to fire them.

also and I can't remember if this is public knowledge or not (probably is), but currie is a FIRM believer in never ever ever hiring a graduate of the school to be the coach because statistics show it doesn't work out at a higher percentage then if the person is not a school graduate. same for promoting within. nobody on the current fball staff was going to get the job when Snyder retired and brad was never going to be coach.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
I think hiring a graduate can be a minor factor in a search.  If it is a major factor then you're probably making a mistake.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »

yeah. that's the probable potential downfall of hiring the beloved school graduate. makes it harder to fire them.

also and I can't remember if this is public knowledge or not (probably is), but currie is a FIRM believer in never ever ever hiring a graduate of the school to be the coach because statistics show it doesn't work out at a higher percentage then if the person is not a school graduate. same for promoting within. nobody on the current fball staff was going to get the job when Snyder retired and brad was never going to be coach.

No, I don't remember hearing that. Interesting.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
he hired and promoted klein

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »
he hired and promoted klein

I think his numbers and beliefs only apply to head coaches and not every position within the athletic dept. anyway I now remember where I heard this and I guess currie even gave a presentation on this and his belief about it to a group of people.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

That's smart when people elevate an obviously under qualified coach like Kim Anderson (or Steven Henson) but incredibly dumb when looking at a coach who has a resume to succeed. Having a rule of never hiring a coach based on one factor seems remarkably narrow minded IMO   

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2017, 09:56:03 AM »
BREAKING:  Chad just gives nervous laugh and sly smile when asked yesterday in the team hotel if he was coming back to manhattan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
BREAKING:  Chad just gives nervous laugh and sly smile when asked yesterday in the team hotel if he was coming back to manhattan.

Great work, Phil.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:15 AM »
Who's chad?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2017, 12:11:16 PM »
Who's chad?
Chad also sucks as a name. Better than Todd tho.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »

Great work, Phil.

Best possible outcome if true, IMO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »
Oh ya. Would take.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »

No, I don't remember hearing that. Interesting.
I wonder what his presentation said about hiring coaches who succeed when they inherit good situations, but eventually fail when left to do all of the heavy lifting themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »
Talked to a guy this afternoon who is loosely related to someone on this blog. He painted a picture of Snyder AD, Veetch doing the heavy lifting, Leavitt, Venebles, and Undy all come home to K-State and we all party 24/7/365. I wasn't sold but I liked his optimism.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2017, 08:54:15 PM »
Will take
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »
he painted quite a picture. He was like "and THEN Venebles won't be able to stay away because he's buds with Veetch.........."