Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1085371 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #19800 on: December 19, 2021, 09:39:28 PM »
Well omicron is blazing through the vaxxed and boosted right now, hopefully there won't be many hospitalizations or deaths

The hospitalizations and deaths will continue to only affect the unvaccinated.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: December 19, 2021, 09:50:53 PM »
Yeah now that I'm boosted and back to full 5G power it's gonna continue to be party city population me
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: December 19, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »

Well omicron is blazing through the vaxxed and boosted right now, hopefully there won't be many hospitalizations or deaths

Likely, but regardless Omicron is definitely going to impact the economy in a major way  in heavily vaxxed communities and it would be great to see some sort of guidance or action for those communities beyond scolding the unvaxxed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »
Like I'm hoping to travel over the holidays and might need to cancel if I wind up positive. I didn't go to restaurants or the gym this weekend because of possible exposures. Office is completely shutting down next week. Scale that and it's big impact!

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: December 19, 2021, 10:14:46 PM »
Likely, but regardless Omicron is definitely going to impact the economy in a major way  in heavily vaxxed communities and it would be great to see some sort of guidance or action for those communities beyond scolding the unvaxxed.

the guidance is to go about your life and try not to feel guilty if you infect and kill an unvaccinated person.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: December 19, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »
Agree with dax. Massive failure not forcing dumbshits to get vaxxed.

What else dax? Let's go!

I've outlined most of all of it, Phil.  You've just chosen to ignore it as always.

Your old man promised a lot, and delivered very little relative to Covid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: December 19, 2021, 10:21:52 PM »

the guidance is to go about your life and try not to feel guilty if you infect and kill an unvaccinated person.

That's great but so many places are shutting down even if they required vaccination because so many people got sick this week. Broadway, NBA, Rockettes, SNL, concerts, comedy shows, neighborhood bars, etc, all cancelled. The NYC positive rate will probably be 10% this week.

So obviously the White House guidance isn't super effective if that's the message they want to get out there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: December 19, 2021, 10:28:55 PM »
As I was typing that last post my gym cancelled morning classes because a positive exposure of a coach. Like if you have a known exposure and feel ok should you just hop on an airplane or go to the gym and concerts like nothing happened? Is that the message the White House is sending?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: December 19, 2021, 10:29:21 PM »

That's great but so many places are shutting down even if they required vaccination because so many people got sick this week. Broadway, NBA, Rockettes, SNL, concerts, comedy shows, neighborhood bars, etc, all cancelled. The NYC positive rate will probably be 10% this week.

So obviously the White House guidance isn't super effective if that's the message they want to get out there.

How sick are they?

Like, at home with the sniffles and cold symptoms, or in the hospital or on the cusp of needing to go to the hospital?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: December 19, 2021, 10:30:50 PM »
Who even cares at this point? If you're boosted and junk just don't go anywhere and enjoy your mild headache for a day. If you're unvaxxed then I really don't even care.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: December 19, 2021, 10:33:39 PM »
The vaccines have been out for an entire year now. If you get a breakthrough case that sucks but it's gonna be mild. If you are unvaxxed and get super sick or die, I really could care less. At this point(and even 6 months ago) you've made your choice.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: December 19, 2021, 10:39:33 PM »
Who even cares at this point? If you're boosted and junk just don't go anywhere and enjoy your mild headache for a day. If you're unvaxxed then I really don't even care.

Yeah I don't think you understand that when a bar's entire staff "doesn't go anywhere and enjoys a mild headache for a day" they need to shut down.

Keep in mind I'm also very apathetic towards the plight of the unvaxxed but we need to know how to handle the breakthrough cases without reenacting Spring 2020.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: December 19, 2021, 10:45:20 PM »
Like if you have a known exposure and feel ok should you just hop on an airplane or go to the gym and concerts like nothing happened? Is that the message the White House is sending?

yes.  use rapid tests if you can, but otherwise yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: December 19, 2021, 10:48:26 PM »
we need to know how to handle the breakthrough cases without reenacting Spring 2020.

https://twitter.com/alexanderrusso/status/1472306230156746752

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: December 19, 2021, 10:51:46 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19815 on: December 19, 2021, 11:04:46 PM »

Yeah I don't think you understand that when a bar's entire staff "doesn't go anywhere and enjoys a mild headache for a day" they need to shut down.

Keep in mind I'm also very apathetic towards the plight of the unvaxxed but we need to know how to handle the breakthrough cases without reenacting Spring 2020.
Dude, breakthrough cases will happen. There’s a difference if a restaurant has to shut down voluntarily vs mandatory. We aren’t ever going back to Spring 2020.

I was one of the biggest coronabro/follow the rules people here from the beginning. I simple do not care anymore if you’re not vaxxed. Disease happens, if omnicron spreads quick and gives me a headache for a day, WHO THE eff CARES.

COVID isn’t leaving us for the rest of our lives. We have to live with it. Quit suppressing your live because of something you individually have no control over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: December 20, 2021, 12:06:18 AM »
So I got an exposure last week. I talked about a Christmas party my employer threw for our teachers. This party had no masking requirement although I was one of about 20% of attendees who were masked. Anyway one of my teachers went to school on Thursday morning and she had pain in her arm, fatigue, and chills and sweats. The nurse sent her to urgent care. When she went to urgent care they immediately admitted her to the hospital, she had a heart attack. 44 years old and a kickboxing instructor. She's okay, got two stints, spent 36 hours in the hospital, and is now home. She tested COVID positive. This is what she said about get diagnosis.
This was most likely a covid related cardiac event. This is becoming more and more common snd the medical community is collecting data on this consistently to gain enough data to actually say it does. I feel fine, aside from the annoying stuffed sinuses and just a little tired. I start cardiac PT next week, I have to pass that before I can get back in the gym, might be a few weeks.
She got the vaccine, Pfizer, both doses last March, I'm 90% sure she never got boosted though.

Anyway, at that party I sat with her for 6 hours, including sharing space with her as she played reindeer games. Also everyone at that party was considered a close contact. I have two anti-vaxxers that I employ, people not vaccinated are required to test before they can get back into the classroom and they both whined to me about having to do so. They both know that I am vaccinated and boosted, but they are so egocentric that they both thought I'd be sympathetic to their whining about having to get tested. One of them, Darren Sproles's cousin, I've told stories about her before, repeatedly told me that she doesn't trust testing. She eventually tested and tested positive.

I decided not to get tested because I wasn't experiencing symptoms.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: December 20, 2021, 12:16:38 AM »
Being chip'd and boosted and thus knowing that getting covid will be mild symptoms and also in turn doing more normal stuff means way more of the "hangover or covid" game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: December 20, 2021, 05:49:45 AM »
Being chip'd and boosted and thus knowing that getting covid will be mild symptoms and also in turn doing more normal stuff means way more of the "hangover or covid" game.
I’m having a hard time figuring out when I got Covid because it was obviously in Vegas but I was hungover or drunk the entirety of it and now can’t decide when those symptoms flipped for certain. and in doing some monday morning non medical doctor quarterbacking I've got to imagine the strain I was putting on my body that is too old for these 20 year old shenanigans was probably opening the door wide open to any strains of covid out there, vaxxed or not.

Also, update: feel pretty decent now. almost 100%. honestly if I didn't know I had Covid a couple days ago I'd say I was 100% if someone asked. pretty mad Christmas plans are cancelled though. and really hoping the rest of my family doesn’t get it to lengthen that into new year plans.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: December 20, 2021, 06:29:34 AM »
So I got an exposure last week. I talked about a Christmas party my employer threw for our teachers. This party had no masking requirement although I was one of about 20% of attendees who were masked. Anyway one of my teachers went to school on Thursday morning and she had pain in her arm, fatigue, and chills and sweats. The nurse sent her to urgent care. When she went to urgent care they immediately admitted her to the hospital, she had a heart attack. 44 years old and a kickboxing instructor. She's okay, got two stints, spent 36 hours in the hospital, and is now home. She tested COVID positive. This is what she said about get diagnosis.
This was most likely a covid related cardiac event. This is becoming more and more common snd the medical community is collecting data on this consistently to gain enough data to actually say it does. I feel fine, aside from the annoying stuffed sinuses and just a little tired. I start cardiac PT next week, I have to pass that before I can get back in the gym, might be a few weeks.
She got the vaccine, Pfizer, both doses last March, I'm 90% sure she never got boosted though.

I started taking children aspirin every day when I tested positive because of this. I only did because I recalled them putting my dad on one when he was hospitalized and later stronger blood thinners when he got really bad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: December 20, 2021, 06:30:26 AM »
Dude, breakthrough cases will happen. There’s a difference if a restaurant has to shut down voluntarily vs mandatory. We aren’t ever going back to Spring 2020.

no crap! That's what updated information and messaging could help avoid. I want to see is something like "only get tested if you aren't vaxxed or have symptoms" like the NFL is doing (if that is a good idea). Maybe those restaurants shouldn't be shutting down! Maybe they should - the point is they want to be responsible but don't have the tools to help them decide when to tell people to stay home or shut down completely. It SHOULDN'T be on a restaurant owner to make public health decisions.

I was one of the biggest coronabro/follow the rules people here from the beginning. I simple do not care anymore if you’re not vaxxed. Disease happens, if omnicron spreads quick and gives me a headache for a day, WHO THE eff CARES.

would you go to restaurants while you are positive or recently exposed? take a flight? visit grandma?

COVID isn’t leaving us for the rest of our lives. We have to live with it. Quit suppressing your live because of something you individually have no control over.
except you do still have some control over what you do if you're positive.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: December 20, 2021, 06:53:38 AM »
Gottlieb this morning:

he thinks this wave is over in 4-6 weeks. will hit very hard but be over fast. different states will be hit at different times obviously. I think becky asked him for clarification and he said the 4-6 weeks was for NYC starting now or maybe not, was kind of multi tasking.

speculates that omicron will run this wave but then could disappear and delta remains the primary strain. this is all because of a bunch of rapid fire science stuff he said which makes a lot of sense when you don't know what most of the words are.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: December 20, 2021, 07:36:57 AM »
I am rooting for Omicron to push delta out forever.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: December 20, 2021, 10:37:08 AM »

Agreed. What was the last guidance that came out? The county spread map that is all red all the time telling people to mask?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: December 20, 2021, 11:14:53 AM »

Agreed. What was the last guidance that came out? The county spread map that is all red all the time telling people to mask?
"You don't need to wear a mask if you're vaccinated" was probably the last one. It was also really shitty guidance