Author Topic: Bz to wake?  (Read 5583 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Bz to wake?
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/09/wake_forest_targets_colorados_bzdelik

Quote from: Bz
I've told the [CU] administration, 'I might not be the right fit for you because I want to build this right, so that when it's right, it's rock solid and it's there forever.'

:kstatriot:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Bz to wake?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »
Please be true. Get that genius out of here!!!! :pray:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
i would be irate if i was a wake forrest fan.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/09/wake_forest_targets_colorados_bzdelik

I've told the [CU] administration, 'I might not be the right fit for you because I want to build this right, so that when it's right, it's rock solid and it's there forever.'

God, what a massive douchebag.   :facepalm:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

Maybe we can get Burks to do an ill-advised in-conference transfer, ala Luke Axtell? 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

Maybe we can get Burks to do an ill-advised in-conference transfer, ala Luke Axtell? 

My first thought too.  Just hope that if he does, he doesn't get a different haircut and start sucking, also like Axtell.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »
LMAO  :lol:  Such an epic SLTH statement   :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »
Drew to Ducks?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
Drew to Ducks?

That would suck.  conf needs Baylor continuing with their cheating ways and providing some comp.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »
Drew to Ducks?

That would suck.  conf needs Baylor continuing with their cheating ways and providing some comp.

eff that.  Get him out.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »
Drew to Ducks?

shazbot! that.  Get him out.

What would that do to sys' legendary Baylor hate?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Drew to Ducks?

He hates ISU now. 

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 01:07:32 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5072624

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman said after firing Dino Gaudio earlier this week he wanted to find a coach who fit the school and had coached at the highest level.

Wellman also said he wanted someone who would be a long-term solution.

He may have found his choice in Colorado's Jeff Bzdelik. Wellman and Bzdelik have been friends for decades and over the past two days have been discussing a deal that would move the Buffaloes coach to Wake Forest, according to multiple sources. As of late Friday night the deal was not done. The two sides expected more movement Saturday.

Bzdelik, whose daughter Courtney attends Wake Forest, started his coaching career at Davidson and regularly goes back to North Carolina. Bzdelik coached the Denver Nuggets before going to Air Force and then to Colorado, where in three seasons he took the Buffaloes from 1-15 in the Big 12, to 3-13 to 6-10 this past season within one game of .500 overall at 15-16.

A source with knowledge of the situation at Wake Forest said no announcement was due until next week but multiple sources said throughout the day on Friday that a deal was close to being done.

Wellman's criticism of Gaudio was his poor March record of 1-6 in three seasons.

Bzdelik nearly left Colorado last season for a top assistant coaching position with the Minnesota Timberwolves but decided against it in the 11th hour.

If Bzdelik does move then Colorado would likely look to top assistant coach Steve McClain to keep the Buffaloes movement toward the upper tier of the Big 12 going. McClain has worked with Bzdelik closely in building the Buffaloes toward a surprising eighth-place finish, ahead of Texas Tech, Iowa State and Oklahoma, all teams predicted to finish higher. The Buffaloes have two stars in rising senior Cory Higgins (18.9 ppg) and sophomore-to-be Alec Burks (17.1 ppg).

Andy Katz is a senior writer for ESPN.com
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 02:30:03 AM »
I already miss you, Bz. You were the golden boy determined to bring great basketball to the Coors can. Some called you a fighter, a dreamer, and in-betweener. Some called you hopeless. Some called you Jeff. You were known far and wide for your commitment to honoring the game, always facing your staunchest critics with a wry smile that seemed to say, "I know I'm right, and I'll show you." In just a short time you took a moribund program from the cellar of the conference and turned them into elite-level contenders. It was you who put the program on broad shoulders, then strove and strained until you had the team flying high in the light of those rare, beautiful mountains. It was always you, Jeff Bz. Thanks for the great ride. :frown:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:26:19 AM »
Drew to Ducks?

He hates ISU now. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if I can continue hating Baylor so successfully with Drew, Tweety and (eventually) Dunn all leaving.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
bz is gone.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »
bz is gone.

^ This.

FOXSports.com has confirmed that Jeff Bzdelik will be the next coach at Wake Forest. Look for Steve McClain to be frontrunner at Colorado.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
He led the Buffaloes (15-16, 6-10 Big 12) to an eighth-place finish in the Big 12 last season and has overseen steady improvement in the program's in-conference performance.

jfc, they can make anyone sound good.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:29:41 PM by WillieWannabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
McClain also won the 1994 national junior college championship at Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College.

Was there for this.  I like McClain, he's secret EMAW.  Coached Ben Davis @ HCC, then sent Ben Davis to Arizona so he could destroy Kansas in the NCAA tournament in 1997.  Suck it Vaughn, Pollard, Pierce, LaFrentz, and Jerod "Floor Burns" Haase.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »
Regarding Drew an Oregon

Scott Drew, Baylor: He remains among the lowest paid coaches in the Big 12, with a salary estimated to be $850,000. The 39-year-old Drew is 109-103 in seven seasons but built the program from the depths of NCAA sanctions and serious off-court problems, including a player’s murder. His aggressive recruiting has led to some bad feelings with opposing schools, but he’s been successful.

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/24667771-41/coach-oregon-dunlap-stevens-season.csp

They also list Frank.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
McClain also won the 1994 national junior college championship at Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College.

Was there for this.  I like McClain, he's secret EMAW.  Coached Ben Davis @ HCC, then sent Ben Davis to Arizona so he could destroy Kansas in the NCAA tournament in 1997.  Suck it Vaughn, Pollard, Pierce, LaFrentz, and Jerod "Floor Burns" Haase.

Yep.  Roy still regards that team, to this day, as the best team he had at Kansas.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
Parrish is also reporting that Clemson want Drew.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »
I hope it's McClain.  He's got the most amazing hair in basketball.  I can't imagine CU stepping up and getting anyone other than another SLTH. 

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Please get Drew the shazbot! outta the big 12. :pray:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

Quote from: Katz
Wellman also said he wanted someone who would be a long-term solution.

Match made in heaven :lol: