Author Topic: Who should the new OC be?  (Read 45212 times)

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Who should the new OC be?
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
Didn't Snyder, back in the day, have two co-coordinators suggest a play and he'd pick the winner?

I'm assuming Coleman will now be the decision maker w/ the other two making suggestions. Snyder probably opts out unless super critical moment in game.

My understanding is that Miller used to call 1st/2nd down and Dimel called 3rd down. This led to a lot of personnel confusion, wasted timeouts and delay of game penalties. It was Coleman who called out the ridiculousness of this system to Snyder and convinced him to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
Didn't Snyder, back in the day, have two co-coordinators suggest a play and he'd pick the winner?

I'm assuming Coleman will now be the decision maker w/ the other two making suggestions. Snyder probably opts out unless super critical moment in game.

The playcaller has to be in the box.  Coleman does a lot of coaching on the sidelines.  I think Klein is a better personality for being up there grinding over down/distance/situation play selection.

What in the world are you talking about? There are play callers on the sideline all over the place, on every level of football. The Big 12 champion has the head coach calling plays.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2018, 03:53:13 PM »

The playcaller has to be in the box.  Coleman does a lot of coaching on the sidelines.  I think Klein is a better personality for being up there grinding over down/distance/situation play selection.

What in the world are you talking about? There are play callers on the sideline all over the place, on every level of football. The Big 12 champion has the head coach calling plays.

what he's trying to say is white people are better at numbers/critical thinking. I disagree, personally.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
weird take steffy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »

what he's trying to say is white people are better at numbers/critical thinking. I disagree, personally.

Only a rascist would read race into this post.  Race card race card etc yawn.

Look at Coleman on sideline.  Look at Klein when he used to be there.  Coleman is animated, fired up, coaching, hands on.  Klein is not.  Now, which of those two would you rather stick up in the box?  And which of those two would you want on the sideline.  It’s about personality.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
Doubling down on that hot take feels like the right move
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2018, 06:08:32 PM »

Look at Coleman on sideline.  Look at Klein when he used to be there.  Coleman is animated, fired up, coaching, hands on.  Klein is not.  Now, which of those two would you rather stick up in the box?  And which of those two would you want on the sideline.  It’s about personality.

Do you seriously not understand that your opinion is completely based on your observation and nothing else? Additionally that observation, intentional or not, plays off of a stereotype about blacks being emotional and whites bring cerebral, you really don't see that?

And before you say anything about "race card" please know the first time you made this observation, I didn't address it in this manner, benefit of the doubt. The second time you made the point it becomes a little harder to ignore.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »

Do you seriously not understand that your opinion is completely based on your observation and nothing else? Additionally that observation, intentional or not, plays off of a stereotype about blacks being emotional and whites bring cerebral, you really don't see that?

And before you say anything about "race card" please know the first time you made this observation, I didn't address it in this manner, benefit of the doubt. The second time you made the point it becomes a little harder to ignore.
Dude...it's an internet message board. With few exceptions, every post on this board is based on the poster's opinion. You seem to have a boner for attacking others opinions. Your counter-posts are no more based in fact than any of the other crap posted here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »

Dude...it's an internet message board. With few exceptions, every post on this board is based on the poster's opinion. You seem to have a boner for attacking others opinions. Your counter-posts are no more based in fact than any of the other crap posted here.

I didn't attack steffy nor did I claim anything about this conversation is fact based. I pointed out to him why another poster read a racial element into his post. I'm not quite sure what your issue is here.

Pretty odd time to wag your finger at me.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

This can be true. What can be equally true is that people's opinion's contain a racial element. This is America, jfc, and racial element does not always mean racist element. But all kinds of language and opinion are embedded in racial assumptions, regardless of the explicit intention of the speaker/poster. The fact that this isn't just elementary historical knowledge in our citizenry and instead we always get de-evolution into whiny, panties wearing "you played the race card" retorts is pretty rough ridin' depressing.

But yea, the fiery black guy probably shouldn't be "grinding" through down and distance, let him cheer lead and entertain from the sidelines. This is a family stadium after all and we're trying to MAGA.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »

This can be true. What can be equally true is that people's opinion's contain a racial element. This is America, jfc, and racial element does not always mean racist element. But all kinds of language and opinion are embedded in racial assumptions, regardless of the explicit intention of the speaker/poster. The fact that this isn't just elementary historical knowledge in our citizenry and instead we always get de-evolution into whiny, panties wearing "you played the race card" retorts is pretty rough ridin' depressing.

But yea, the fiery black guy probably shouldn't be "grinding" through down and distance, let him cheer lead and entertain from the sidelines. This is a family stadium after all and we're trying to MAGA.

If Klein was black and Coleman was white, my take would be the same.

Your's wouldn't. 

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2018, 09:44:34 AM »

Wallow in your white privilege guilt much?  Or if you are black, i'm so sorry this racist prick has offended you with his ignorant, intolerant, hate filled opinions.   If you are neither,  :runaway:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »
Wb, try the pit  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

Your's wouldn't.

Hypothetical scenario's are fun!

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2018, 10:41:15 AM »

Your's wouldn't.

That's all you got?  Pointing out that this is a hypothetical?  No kidding!

Essentially, you are admitting that you would have no problem with my take if the races were reversed.  So I can have a take about what type of personality is best fit for certain job.  But if that take involves a certain race combination, I can't have it (or shouldn't express it)?  That, to me, is weird.

I'm done talking about it.  Race discussions bore me very quickly.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2018, 10:46:20 AM »

Your's wouldn't.

Wait... so in this scenario, would that have made Jake Waters also black and #Life white? Would that have also meant that #Life would have most likely been a starter over Jake Waters instead of water's over #Life?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2018, 12:04:42 PM »
woah

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2018, 12:08:56 PM »
woah

Stop being so excitable, if you can help it.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »

Your's wouldn't.

Essentially, you are admitting that you would have no problem with my take if the races were reversed.  So I can have a take about what type of personality is best fit for certain job.  But if that take involves a certain race combination, I can't have it (or shouldn't express it)?  That, to me, is weird.

Could this be why?  Those who bring this crap up are self imposed PC police, who jump at the chance to give their "I'm a better person than you" opinions.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »
woah

Stop being so excitable, if you can help it.

Your best post in years.   :ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

Your's wouldn't.

Could this be why?  Those who bring this crap up are self imposed PC police, who jump at the chance to give their "I'm a better person than you" opinions.

Dude's, everyone relax, none of this is to indict anyone, but the fact that the simple act of pointing out that language is embedded with symbolic assumptions, some of them racial, results in a Steffy emotional tirade is telling. That's all. This is in the spirit of pointing out that this is a large scale problem, not some problem of the individual mind or of any particular poster on this board. This isn't about individuals.

As far as the cerebral play calling guy in the booth and fiery sideline guy down with the players claim, I, as others on this board have pointed out as well, remain less than convinced that this correlation even exists. How do you know this? How do you know that Coleman wouldn't come off more as a cerebral guy if he were in the booth and not on the sidelines in the midst of it all? I mean Andre was never known as some fiery ra-ra guy as a Cat. My recollection from being in the stands those years was that he was a fairly straight forward, give the ball back to the ref type of receiver. Similar to Klein in that way on the field. Wouldn't personality on the field be similar to personality as a coach?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »

Your's wouldn't.

Dude's, everyone relax, none of this is to indict anyone, but the fact that the simple act of pointing out that language is embedded with symbolic assumptions, some of them racial, results in a Steffy emotional tirade is telling. That's all. This is in the spirit of pointing out that this is a large scale problem, not some problem of the individual mind or of any particular poster on this board. This isn't about individuals.

As far as the cerebral play calling guy in the booth and fiery sideline guy down with the players claim, I, as others on this board have pointed out as well, remain less than convinced that this correlation even exists. How do you know this? How do you know that Coleman wouldn't come off more as a cerebral guy if he were in the booth and not on the sidelines in the midst of it all? I mean Andre was never known as some fiery ra-ra guy as a Cat. My recollection from being in the stands those years was that he was a fairly straight forward, give the ball back to the ref type of receiver. Similar to Klein in that way on the field. Wouldn't personality on the field be similar to personality as a coach?
Actually, I could give a crap about who's in the box or on the sideline.  In Steffy's warped mind he thinks CK is not emotional enough for the sideline, but Coleman is.  My take is the stupid rough ridin' racist accusations that pop up every time someone brings up a black verses white guy scenario.  Like a bunch of PC kids looking for a chance to add this crap.  It gets old.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2018, 12:53:02 PM »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:53 PM »