Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 305055 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #2200 on: September 11, 2022, 11:40:52 PM »
I would fire Alberts today if he was really dumb enough to piss away $7.5 million to fire a coach in September instead of October.
He’s lying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has to be, but I can't figure out why you would lie to make yourself look like a huge dumbass that pisses away the money your donors give you.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 12, 2022, 12:02:08 AM »
They are tied at halftime with Ga Southern, does Frost make it out of the locker room before getting fired?

Yeah, his buyout gets cut in half in October, so it's going to be almost impossible to get fired in September.

Maybe he's trying to do what Fat Charlie did at KU, and do whatever it takes to get paid.

BINGO!!! :cool:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 12, 2022, 06:46:44 AM »
Trev Alberts seems pretty dumb so maybe he really did pay it out. When will we know?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 12, 2022, 08:16:51 AM »
Trev Alberts seems pretty dumb so maybe he really did pay it out. When will we know?

When Nubb's next football coach gets a KU/Beaty type contract because they can't afford to pay anyone anymore money.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 12, 2022, 08:43:54 AM »
I saw an article that said they're paying it all.

Congrats to Scott Frost!  I didn't think it was possible.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: September 12, 2022, 08:54:12 AM »
Firing a coach after game 2 or 3, regardless of buyout, should be a huge black mark against an AD. A move of total incompetence.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 12, 2022, 08:56:29 AM »
Firing a coach after game 2 or 3, regardless of buyout, should be a huge black mark against an AD. A move of total incompetence.

Kinda means the coach really should have been fired last year.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 12, 2022, 09:00:58 AM »
Yes, exactly
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 12, 2022, 10:41:28 AM »
Yeah the crazy thing is that the only way the AD shouldn’t be fired for incompetence is if he is lying to the school/donors, in which case he should still be fired. Makes zero sense to terminate before October if you’re paying the full buyout.

Maybe Frost has some skeletons on the AD or a secret Prince-esque contract he’s agreeing to bury. :Wha:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 12, 2022, 10:44:47 AM »
I believe trev attempted to crap can Frost last year but donors intervened.  I’m sure insider SD can either confirm or deny.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: September 12, 2022, 11:45:56 AM »
I think you guys are underestimating the number of donors who are probably ok with paying Frost a “ I still love you and thank you for a championship , but you gotta go” gift and the number of donors they have who are happy to piss away funds to be perceived to be close to the most important thing in that state.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 12, 2022, 02:20:02 PM »
Rich donors are weird

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 12, 2022, 02:39:41 PM »
They’re perceived as idiots, imo. I don’t know who shoots their dick off for the sake of looking cool.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 12, 2022, 02:49:44 PM »
I think you guys are underestimating the number of donors who are probably ok with paying Frost a “ I still love you and thank you for a championship , but you gotta go” gift and the number of donors they have who are happy to piss away funds to be perceived to be close to the most important thing in that state.

We’d probably do the same if we had to fire Collin Klein to some extent, probably not 7.5 mill

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 12, 2022, 03:25:07 PM »

We’d probably do the same if we had to fire Collin Klein to some extent, probably not 7.5 mill

Didn’t we already pay Bill tons of money to retire?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 12, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

Didn’t we already pay Bill tons of money to retire?

He's a little different than Scott Frost

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 12, 2022, 06:45:37 PM »
Bill got way less than frost lmao
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 12, 2022, 08:39:33 PM »

From the Athletic:
Frost received support from the Nebraska administration last year late in a 3-9 season. As previously stated, his contract buyout was scheduled for reduction by 50 percent to $7.5 million, as of Oct. 1 of this year. But Frost did not make it that far, losing to open the season against Northwestern in Dublin, Ireland. The Cornhuskers did beat North Dakota before losing to Georgia Southern at home. It marked the Huskers’ 10th consecutive defeat in games decided by one score, dating to the start of last season.

Frost will receive his full $15 million buyout; there was no renegotiated settlement, according to the school. Alberts said he intends to “reach out to a lot of people” as Nebraska begins the search for its next head coach.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 13, 2022, 08:32:15 AM »
Nebraska voluntarily gave up their recruiting base, their traditional rivals, and their overall identity as a program all for a perceived better conference and a paycheck... and it was mostly the paycheck.

I truly hope they reach KU levels of ineptitude as that program continues to burn.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: September 13, 2022, 08:55:54 AM »
TL/DR -- classiest fans in America, confirmed:

An open letter to Scott Frost.
Good evening, Scott
I hope that you are well, at least given the circumstances of today and the news that you were relieved of your head coaching duties here at Nebraska.
Honestly to me, it’s bittersweet. It’s bitter to me because when we heard the news 5 years ago that our Nebraska born and raised, former starting quarterback that led us to a national championship, Scott Frost was coming home to right the ship that was steered so very wrong over the last decade. I was ecstatic, I was fired up, our fans, our booster, our team, our family here in Nebraska was ready in open arms for you. We knew you had some work to do, we knew it was not going to be an easy road. But we felt at the time you were the guy to bring Nebraska back to its glory. You we’re the guy, Scott. If we could have a perfect Cinderella story in the making Scott Frost would come into Nebraska and win the first big 10 title and then National Championship to boot.
But, not everything goes to plan, as we all know. First year was a shift change for everyone. Old recruits and players departed, some stuck around from the Mike Riley era to see what would happen. We got very close in games, but we just couldn’t shut the door. Which was perfectly okay at the time! We felt then just another year or two we could see the spark that we’ve been missing. Then year 2 came along and the same thing happened. So close yet so far away. As we know already the 3 following years, we started playing the same old song on the same old Juke box at the dive bar on the outskirts of Lincoln on a Saturday night. We would see flashes of greatness, then we would see the downfall of emotional heartbreaking losses, and eventually when that song got so repetitive and starts skipping. The owner of the bar is eventually going to replace the song with a new one, and today that happened. 
Scott, I think it’s safe to say that mostly everyone that’s a Nebraska fan wanted this to work. I certainly did. You have Nebraska blood in you. You know the hard work and dedication, the blood sweat and tears if you would, of what it takes to win in college football. You have been through it yourself. As a coordinator you knew what it took, and in your short stint in UCF you knew what it took. You knew what it took when you played at Stanford, when you transferred back to your home state and won a national  title. You hated losing more than you loved winning. You have winner in your blood. Just at this time at this moment, even though you put absolutely everything you had into this you fell short of the expectations and it’s bitter because that’s how it had to end. Leaving the program you wanted to rebuild the new foundation at,  build another dynasty, and run the helm for decades. It’s bitter because we are moving on from one of our own.
The reason why it’s sweet is because for the first time in your 5 years of being here you get to breathe, and Nebraska gets to breathe. Not every game is a hot button game anymore. No more media after game conferences of fans and media personnel bashing your every move. The toxicity is now somewhat uplifted for Everyone involved. Even though it’s not what you wanted you get to move on, and Nebraska gets to close a chapter, a very dark chapter, in its storied history. To begin a hopeful new chapter to bring Nebraska, its fans, its players, and its culture back to into a brighter spotlight.
Scott all, and all I want to thank you for trying. For putting it all on your shoulders and trying to right the ship. For pouring your heart and soul into this program. Even though you were let go I hope you never forget that you always be forever a husker. I wish nothing but the best for your family and I hope you find a new spot that will bring you nothing but success. As Trev said it best, It’s time for a fresh face and a new voice here at Nebraska. I think it was best for both parties for you and the Nebraska program to move on from each other, as I hope you find some peace in some calmer waters over the course of the next couple of months.
With all that said I want to thank you for your time, your heart, and dedication to this program.
Till next time, Scott, till next time.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 13, 2022, 09:05:48 AM »
Sean Callahan was on OKC sports radio talking about Nubb/OU and they asked about coaching search and this chump said that they are a blue blood and any coach ‘except maybe Saban’ would jump at the chance.

These buffoons think they are relevant and it’s going to be great watching this unfold.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 13, 2022, 09:14:54 AM »
I would like a "we went searching for the best and came back with Charlie Weis" moment

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 13, 2022, 09:21:02 AM »
I know football coaches are a different breed, but if I were in Frost's shoes, I'd be done with football. 15 million bucks, and he's still a young guy. Take the money and do something more meaningful with your life.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 13, 2022, 10:02:39 AM »
Wonder what they agreed on for that extra $7.5m. “We’ll give you $500k of it if we fire you now instead of in a month” would be my guess. He’d be dumb not to take it and they’d be dumb not to pay that amount. Obviously aren’t paying that $7.5m full amount.

They can just not pay it?
If both parties to the contract agree to other terms, absolutely,

why would he not want NU to pay him $15M?