Author Topic: Stan Weber Report  (Read 1802 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Stan Weber Report
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
-Thrown off by gameday being on Friday?  Yes, but exciting.
-Jake Waters named starter....how many snaps will DS get at QB?  Let's go with 12.....as quarterback.
-Bill quick to pull trigger at QB, so if offense doesn't produce, Sams will be in quicker.
-Hearing Jake may be Snyder's best passing QB ever....how will offense be different?  Will line up much the same.  Will throw a little more, but a K-State QB will run.  Period.  Chad May ran.  QB run game is a Snyder staple....and will continue.  But, Waters is much smaller than Klein....will have to scale back QB running game some.
-Who will lead KSU in catches?  Lockett.  He's an emerging STAR.
-Who will lead team in sacks?  Mueller and Marquel Bryant will share most of the sacks.  But, this is a definite area of concern.
-Break-out player? (not including JW):  TE Andre McDonald.  He's a giant and will be the break-out player.  Can go from no catches last year to NFL TE next year.
-NDSU?  Every key player is back from last year.  Every one.  Starts with 4-year starter at QB and two stud RB's.  NDSU is coached like NU.  Do everything right.  Will have trick plays.  Very tough opponent.  Not ideal way to break in 9 starters on defense.
-Break-out player on D?  Jonathan Truman.  May go from non-starter to best LB on the team.....
-Score prediction?  28-23 KSU in a dogfight.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stan Weber Report
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
that's a pretty close score predicto coming from stanbot

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »
 :ohno:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
Stan is just being a drama queen. 

really reelin' 'em in.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
-Thrown off by gameday being on Friday?  Yes, but exciting.
-Jake Waters named starter....how many snaps will DS get at QB?  Let's go with 12.....as quarterback.
-Bill quick to pull trigger at QB, so if offense doesn't produce, Sams will be in quicker.
-Hearing Jake may be Snyder's best passing QB ever....how will offense be different?  Will line up much the same.  Will throw a little more, but a K-State QB will run.  Period.  Chad May ran.  QB run game is a Snyder staple....and will continue.  But, Waters is much smaller than Klein....will have to scale back QB running game some.
-Who will lead KSU in catches?  Lockett.  He's an emerging STAR.
-Who will lead team in sacks?  Mueller and Marquel Bryant will share most of the sacks.  But, this is a definite area of concern.
-Break-out player? (not including JW):  TE Andre McDonald.  He's a giant and will be the break-out player.  Can go from no catches last year to NFL TE next year.
-NDSU?  Every key player is back from last year.  Every one.  Starts with 4-year starter at QB and two stud RB's.  NDSU is coached like NU.  Do everything right.  Will have trick plays.  Very tough opponent.  Not ideal way to break in 9 starters on defense.
-Break-out player on D?  Jonathan Truman.  May go from non-starter to best LB on the team.....
-Score prediction?  28-23 KSU in a dogfight.

Thanks, SD. Amazing how accurate and quick you can get that out...

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
I'm super nervous about our defense you guys.  :runaway:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
as always, you're the best sd. thanks so much for these.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 01:51:27 PM »
We are playing a high school team, dorks

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
If I remember correctly, KU had the statistical worst D ever in the conference last year and still kept these guys out of the endzone for the entire game. 6 points, two fg's, on the worst D in the conference ever that gave up something like 31ppg on average.

Note: all stats are from head and may be complete bullshit.

FWIW

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »
If I remember correctly, KU had the statistical worst D ever in the conference last year and still kept these guys out of the endzone for the entire game. 6 points, two fg's, on the worst D in the conference ever that gave up something like 31ppg on average.

FWIW

Notwithstanding the stats, the game was played in 2010...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:13:32 PM by yoEMAW »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »

FWIW

The 2010 KU defense gave up 6.17 yards per play for the season and every team they played except one gained at least 5 yard per play against them. The Cats finished at over 8 yards per play against them.

NDSU finished their big win in Lawrence with 3.11 yards per play.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

FWIW

Nothwithstanding the stats, the game was played in 2010...

WELP!

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »
Stanbot always nails his pre-season final predictos. Thank you for your thorough and timely post as always, Steve Dave. May you live long and prosper.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.