Author Topic: Oregon vs. K-State  (Read 5635 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Oregon vs. K-State
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »
Is this destiny?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon vs. K-State
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
Is this destiny?

Harper would torch their faces off.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
Is this destiny?
How well did you know Fatty?

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Oregon vs. K-State
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
Is this destiny?

If LSU wins this weekend, then USC beats Notre Dame, then yes.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
Beems is alive!
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »

:love:   :love:   :love:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
I'd love to see it. Really I'd love to see KSU play any of the other three unbeatens for the title.

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
Is this destiny?

I think Oregon would jump Notre Dame if they both won out.  Neither will jump us though if all 3 win out.  So all that is needed is a Bama upset and it will be K-State v OU with Notre Dame getting left out.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »
I am afraid their schedule is too pud. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
I am afraid their schedule is too pud.

Won't matter if Alabama loses and Oregon goes 13-0.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
Is this destiny?

I think Oregon would jump Notre Dame if they both won out.  Neither will jump us though if all 3 win out.  So all that is needed is a Bama upset and it will be K-State v OU with Notre Dame getting left out.

There is no way in hell an undefeated Notre Dame is left out of the title game, especially in favor of K-State.  Voters are looking for ways to keep the Irish in and they're looking for ways to keep KSU out.  Did you see them criticizing us for not beating OU as badly as Notre Dame did?  Did you notice they didn't criticize ND for any of their close wins over pud teams like BYU and Purdue, yet the Cats get criticized for not blowing out OU in Norman?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
Bill would put a clownsuit on their freshman QB.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
Is this destiny?

There is no way in hell an undefeated Notre Dame is left out of the title game, especially in favor of K-State.  Voters are looking for ways to keep the Irish in and they're looking for ways to keep KSU out.  Did you see them criticizing us for not beating OU as badly as Notre Dame did?  Did you notice they didn't criticize ND for any of their close wins over pud teams like BYU and Purdue, yet the Cats get criticized for not blowing out OU in Norman?

If the voters didn't put them ahead of us after beating OU, they're not going to.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
Is this destiny?

You don't know what you are talking about.  I'm sure it seems right in your mind, but it's not.  Media love does not determine who playes for the NC...it's really a very simple formula...learn more about it then kick back and have a cold one.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Beems, would be amazing. Two coaching savants, two diametrically opposed styles of coaching, two completely different programs. Heartland brawling vs. West Coast Flash. This is what America deserves.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
Is this destiny?

It seems to me that the voters have plenty of reason to just go ahead and start voting Notre Dame #1 right now, yet they have zero #1 votes. Explain that.

Offline SliceOfLime

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
Is this destiny?

If the voters didn't put them ahead of us after beating OU, they're not going to.

Yes they will. Its like the same BS when michigan moved from 17 to 14 in the final week even though they didn't play a game and no one in front of them lost.  :barf:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
I don't think the poor Oregon alumni base could make the trip to Miami, BCS probably having nightmares about them making it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Is this destiny?

Yes they will. Its like the same BS when michigan moved from 17 to 14 in the final week even though they didn't play a game and no one in front of them lost.  :barf:

Georgia, Michigan State, and Houston all lost. We actually made a bigger jump than they did over that same week because of our 7 point home win over ISU:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2/year/2011/week/14
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2/year/2011/week/15

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
Is this destiny?

Georgia, Michigan State, and Houston all lost. We actually made a bigger jump than they did over that same week because of our 7 point home win over ISU:

Michigan entered that week 12 in the Harris, 16 in the Coaches, and 13 in the BCS.  OU also lost that day, meaning 4 teams ahead of them in the Coaches  lost.
Michigan ended that week 12 in the Harris, 12 in the Coaches, and 13 in the BCS. The only teams they passed were the teams that lost and their BCS stayed the same.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
Is this destiny?

Michigan entered that week 12 in the Harris, 16 in the Coaches, and 13 in the BCS.  OU also lost that day, meaning 4 teams ahead of them in the Coaches  lost.
Michigan ended that week 12 in the Harris, 12 in the Coaches, and 13 in the BCS. The only teams they passed were the teams that lost and their BCS stayed the same.

ha ha

who are these defeatist-scared-of-nd losers? There isn't a boogeyman out there that can pull strings to get Notre Dame in the title game.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 10:09:26 PM »
Is this destiny?

It seems to me that the voters have plenty of reason to just go ahead and start voting Notre Dame #1 right now, yet they have zero #1 votes. Explain that.

Because the SEC's collective dick is firmly planted in the throat of every voter, and Alabama happens to be the beneficiary

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Is this destiny?

Because the SEC's collective dick is firmly planted in the throat of every voter, and Alabama happens to be the beneficiary

So you think the SEC is going to pull out it's collective dick and allow ND to insert their own in 3 weeks? 

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
Is this destiny?

So you think the SEC is going to pull out it's collective dick and allow ND to insert their own in 3 weeks?

No.  I'm not worried about Notre Dame getting #1 because there is 0% chance Alabama falls if they keep winning, I'm worried about the Irish replacing us at #2.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »
Is this destiny?

No.  I'm not worried about Notre Dame getting #1 because there is 0% chance Alabama falls if they keep winning, I'm worried about the Irish replacing us at #2.

If you look at the poll points, ND has 5%-6% of the 2nd place votes now (Oregon has 65-70%, KSU 20-25%).  They are tied with KSU in the computers and their remaining schedule is crap.  They would need that 6% of voters voting them #2 to grow to 56%.  If it didn't happen after they just beat OU in Norman, it's not happening after they beat 3 crap ACC teams and USC.