Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369422 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
yeah it's great so let's do it again and again and again.

this is pretty much the producers' only note to the scriptwriters every season, every episode.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
another thing about Arya.  her 20 mint jaunt through the streets like a panicked little fraidy cat (all whilst carrying her sword), seemed a bit inconsistent with the character I thought she had become after more than a season with the Faceless Man.  I mean, talk about 1 step forward, 2 steps back!

don't think she was carrying the sword, at least i didn't notice it and it looked like she pulled it out from under the rug when she was cornered by (or where she lured) the waif.

pretty stupid not to carry her sword, tho.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was a little disappointed that Arya really was surprised by the waif in the previous episode (when she got stabbed) and it wasn't a ruse to trap her. Not sure how long Arya was at the actresses house, maybe she had been healing up for a few days but still pretty unrealistic that she could move so fast.

It was unrealistic that the actress wasn't killed sooner

super realistic that ubertalented, heart of gold actress has a habit of stabbing boyfriends and then home-curing them.  actresses, amirite?  anyway, i fell kinda in love with that character over the last few epis and was totally sympathetic that stone cold killer, arya, refused to kill her for no real reason.  over it now, i guess.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I didn't get how Arya's sword could cut the candle. It doesn't seem wide enough to hold a good edge. Kinda ruined the ep for me. #YesIKnowIt'sAFantasy

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
She should have just kicked the candle over, setting the waif on fire.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I would have guessed the sword would have knocked it over!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At least we got all that blackfish excitement! What intrigue!

epi 7: blackfish has marshaled an army and seized his ancestral castle, in open rebellion to the king's vassal.  his men stand in silent assent as blackfish dares the king's vassal's army to kill his captive nephew, the stringy-haired edmure.

epi. 8: stringy-haired edumre walks up to the castle and suggests the rebellious army open their gates, overthrow blackfish and unconditionally surrender.  men are like, yup, gotta do it, love me some edmure.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I would have guessed the sword would have knocked it over!

fires are very unpredictable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how the eff is this going to slice a candle

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arya's sword is very sharp.. And she left it in that little cave-like area under the rug.

Does anyone else think that GoT cut the wig budget and that Cersei and the Joffery-actor are using the same wig?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
wow - guess I completely missed the part where her aimlessly stumbling through the city smearing blood everywhere was actually a trick designed to lure her assailant to the location of her sword.  instead of just being armed in the first place. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
wow - guess I completely missed the part where her aimlessly stumbling through the city smearing blood everywhere was actually a trick designed to lure her assailant to the location of her sword.  instead of just being armed in the first place.

She had to lure her to a place where she could knock out the light.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

arya's plan:

1. get stabbed
2. sword + darkness
3. ???
4. waif's face

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ramsey is going to whoop that ass this week. :excited:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think the idea was, she was punished and made blind and therefore had the upper hand in the dark(although the waif was always more badass than Arya so I figured she could fight blind as well)

Admittedly, I'm low fantasy screenwriting IQ (LFSWIQ) but I feel a sweet sword fight/waif facing in the darkness could have been written a bit better. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
He is about to die :excited:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, I think we can all agree that the whole Arya thing this week was absurd, but I don't think it's fair to conclude that this irreparably tarnishes the entire series.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I can't wait to see what kind of mumped up things he has in store for the battle.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I keep thinking that Ramsey is really mumped up. But then I remember that the Bolton sigil is the flayed man. The whole family is pretty mumped up if they are so proud of flaying people that they put it on their banners.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, I think we can all agree that the whole Arya thing this week was absurd, but I don't think it's fair to conclude that this irreparably tarnishes the entire series.

Nobody suggested it did. I don't think.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I suggested the candle thing ruined the episode. May have ruined the series too.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only thing that tarnished the entire series was the dong shot

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
hodong or is there another?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol: