Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369764 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel bad that he had his mind and his life stolen from him as a child. At least he got to go out like a badass for a noble cause.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Anyone else think Cersei's plan to have the Tyrell's move their army in against the sect is entirely to have said army then destroyed?  She's always scheming against everyone else, so I see this as her likely end game with them.  I realize this was not the last episode, but whatever, I just watched 5 and a half seasons in 2 weeks, so everything runs together.

I think the main benefit of bringing in the Tyrells is to destroy the Faith Militant. That's hurdle number 1. Any damage to the Tyrells is just gravy. But I still think Cersei is getting her trial by combat.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was it just me or did it look like the White Walkers catch up with Bran immediately in next weeks preview?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was it just me or did it look like the White Walkers catch up with Bran immediately in next weeks preview?

I don't know how they possibly wouldn't catch up when you just have a teenage girl pulling a crippled boy through the freezing cold. Someone else has to jump in there.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought it took jon/tyrion 2 days to get to the wall in s1/book 1.  Maybe it was 2 weeks
GRRM has said Westeros is supposed to be about the size of South America.  If you project Westeros over South America and measure a straight line from Winterfell to the Wall its about 1000 miles.  So, its a hike

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what is shown on each episode is not necessarily happening simultaneously

Yeah, but when people are in the same place and/or know about events that happened in other places, they must be happening at the same time.

Littlefinger told Robin that Sansa had escaped, when they were in the Vale. Then he shows up to meet Sansa at Mole's Town. Those two times must have been synced up. So are you saying that Sansa has been sitting around Winterfell for 3-4 weeks talking about what to do?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
In the books they reference a fortnight a lot which is supposed to be equal to 14 days.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Yeah, but when people are in the same place and/or know about events that happened in other places, they must be happening at the same time.

Littlefinger told Robin that Sansa had escaped, when they were in the Vale. Then he shows up to meet Sansa at Mole's Town. Those two times must have been synced up. So are you saying that Sansa has been sitting around Winterfell for 3-4 weeks talking about what to do?

I'm saying those times aren't necessarily synced up. And keep in mind that sansa did have time to make a dress and that scarf thing for Jon.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
So are you saying that Sansa has been sitting around Winterfell for 3-4 weeks talking about what to do?

what do you want, a few episodes of horses trudging through forests?  or just a quick shot of an hourglass between scenes?

like of all the myriad logical flaws this season is committing, the fact that time must be passing without comment is the absolute least.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we all know that Hodor would have done anything to save Bran, so he would have been willing to sacrifice himself. Also, by saving Bran he basically gave his life to save all of Westeros since Bran is going to eventually beat the White Walkers.

yes, minor characters do tend to selflessly sacrifice themselves to advance the plot in lazy writing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm saying those times aren't necessarily synced up. And keep in mind that sansa did have time to make a dress and that scarf thing for Jon.

They don't sync up? So, by magic, Sansa and Littlefinger just appeared in the same place?

OK, maybe Sansa was there for a few weeks. I forgot about the stuff she made.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Anyone else think Cersei's plan to have the Tyrell's move their army in against the sect is entirely to have said army then destroyed?  She's always scheming against everyone else, so I see this as her likely end game with them.  I realize this was not the last episode, but whatever, I just watched 5 and a half seasons in 2 weeks, so everything runs together.

I think the main benefit of bringing in the Tyrells is to destroy the Faith Militant. That's hurdle number 1. Any damage to the Tyrells is just gravy. But I still think Cersei is getting her trial by combat.

I think when Tommen had his little chat with the High Sparrow and then told mommy afterwards, the High Sparrow might have told him about Loras' confession(which may include the Tyrell's plot to kill Joffrey).  Mommy then comes in, has the Tyrell's basically start a war with the people of the city who laughed at her, the Faith, and the Tyrell's and tries to kill off 3 birds without throwing a stone.  But we shall see.  The High sparrow is mentioned in the episode 6 and 7 preview text, so he sticks around at least a little while longer.

She may get her trial, but in the end, even though most would say the prophecy would likely point to Tyrion killing her, I think Jaime ends up doing the deed since he is technically her younger brother by a few minutes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the small council being pushed into an offensive against the faith mil is the stupidest of all the stupid crap this season.  "oh, what's that evil queen that we petulantly refuse to stay in the same room with?  the high sparrow has imprisoned our youth and brainwashed the hand's kid?  that's shocking news, but what's to be done?  oh, you're right, we do have a gigantic army, what a clever plan."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
the whole faith militant thing is stupid. I must have been not been paying very good attention to when they got so much power because it just seemed like *poof* this guy wearing a burlap sack is rough ridin' running crap and there's nothing the goddam king's army can do about it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the whole faith militant thing is stupid. I must have been not been paying very good attention to when they got so much power because it just seemed like *poof* this guy wearing a burlap sack is rough ridin' running crap and there's nothing the goddam king's army can do about it.

to be fair, the army prolly could do something about it, but the super persuadable king that no one else in the world listens to asked the hand not to do anything.

i agree w. the suddenness of their appearance, but really that's kind of everything in the show isn't it?  i'll give them some leeway on needing to compress.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Cersei has to have something else in mind as well.  I mean, I am not a plotting royal and I think it a top 2 or 3 bad idea to invite someone else's army into your city and have them get all worked up and win a small battle and stuff.  I mean, she may invite the Tyrells to just take the thrown by force.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

to be fair, the army prolly could do something about it, but the super persuadable king that no one else in the world listens to asked the hand not to do anything.

i agree w. the suddenness of their appearance, but really that's kind of everything in the show isn't it?  i'll give them some leeway on needing to compress.

Well Cersei helped the Faith Militant gain power because she thought it was going to help her oust Margaery.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That is awesome.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Ignored this thread. Just caught up tonight. So Hodor, was hold door, right?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Would you rough ridin' people just go read a bbs dedicated to this crap, so I can stop reading your drivel.

asava, you're the only one who can post in here until further notice.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
PMShead:got::tbt:baseball
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout