Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369973 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I really can't believe that Jon & Sansa got reunited. They haven't seen each other since the first episode!

They've never even talked to each other in the show, so weird
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This show marked a turning point in the season. After the first three episodes went at breakneck pace and provided a very satisfying answer to the Season 5 cliffhanger, this episode significantly slowed down. I don't mind that, per se, but whereas similar "reset" episodes in the past have been driven by great dialogue and intrigue, this one just didn't have it. It was really kinda crappy. No sand snakes, at least.

The Mereen and Kings Landing stuff is getting tedious. The one character that significantly advanced in this episode was Dany, but she's my least favorite of the main characters. The scene also felt a little campy.

The meeting between Davos and Breanne felt perfunctory. The Stark reunion was great for the first few moments, but felt sterile as soon as they started talking.

Question: so did Mormont and Dario pour oil or something on the floor, or did they just bar the doors? I'm trying to figure out if Dany has some kind of built-in magic flamethrower.

Also, it seems like time is advancing by weeks and months in all the storylines except for Kings Landing, where Cersei's trial continues to be "a few days away."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think there was oil in those fire holder things that Dany pushed over, so it spread out over the floor when she pushed them over.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did you guys see the new red priestess in the preview for next week? I wonder if she is 400 years old also.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The timelines have always been all over the place

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The timelines have always been all over the place

What do you mean? Like, the time it took Arya to "master" blind fighting was the same amount of time it took Cersei to have a single conversation?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well for example this new puberty-era robert arryn is not merely months removed from breastfeeding.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ksuw hating Dany has got to be related to lena dunham somehow

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well for example this new puberty-era robert arryn is not merely months removed from breastfeeding.

he breast fed quite a while.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, he was like 12 when he quit breastfeeding (by way of his mother dying).

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah when he was like 10. now it looks like he has a Vale learner's permit

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
ksuw hating Dany has got to be related to lena dunham somehow

I think that would translate more to lena dunham impersonator Yara greyjoy

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
she's too strong/independent for his likes

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
@tobias for the lena dunham talk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I'm definitely in now :love:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
This show marked a turning point in the season. After the first three episodes went at breakneck pace and provided a very satisfying answer to the Season 5 cliffhanger, this episode significantly slowed down. I don't mind that, per se, but whereas similar "reset" episodes in the past have been driven by great dialogue and intrigue, this one just didn't have it. It was really kinda crappy. No sand snakes, at least.

The Mereen and Kings Landing stuff is getting tedious. The one character that significantly advanced in this episode was Dany, but she's my least favorite of the main characters. The scene also felt a little campy.

The meeting between Davos and Breanne felt perfunctory. The Stark reunion was great for the first few moments, but felt sterile as soon as they started talking.

Question: so did Mormont and Dario pour oil or something on the floor, or did they just bar the doors? I'm trying to figure out if Dany has some kind of built-in magic flamethrower.

Also, it seems like time is advancing by weeks and months in all the storylines except for Kings Landing, where Cersei's trial continues to be "a few days away."

you don't seem like you would be very fun to watch tv with. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Oh, look, Ramsay Bolton is still completely dominating Westeros.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I am hopeful that Jon & Sansa are going to put an end to that. I am afraid that Rickon is going to be killed in from of them first though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How many soldiers is the Giant Worth?

Probably quite a few.  Hopefully he can wreck shlt when the time comes an dthe bannermen turn on Ramsay

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How good do you think the giant will be at handling a pack of dogs? Can he just throw them all off or are they going to latch on and tear him up?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #2070 on: May 16, 2016, 10:29:51 AM »
I don't understand how someone could not like a woman that is literally unable to be burned and has dragon children.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

I am hopeful that Jon & Sansa are going to put an end to that. I am afraid that Rickon is going to be killed in from of them first though.
I have no emotional attachment to Rickon since he has been completely absent for so long. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I have no emotional attachment to Rickon since he has been completely absent for so long.

Well I still don't want Jon & Sansa to have to watch their brother get killed.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah when he was like 10. now it looks like he has a Vale learner's permit

Well pretty much all of the kids have aged more than the actual timeline would allow. Rickon and Bran have definitely aged more than a few months.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I think Applejack and Tobias should be the only ones allowed to post in here.