Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369738 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah if you don't like the (extremely well-crafted) dialogue you really might as well not watch, because it's admittedly 90% of the show.

Boobs are at least 10% and fighting another 10%.

forgot about boobs

The boobs usually come with dialogue, though.
Yeah, that pisses me right the eff off.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
What if they both lose? :dunno:

Yes, it's the only way.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
the producers of the show tend to leave no doubt when a character dies, yknow?

Tyrion and The Mountain = suspenseful M-Sat (less for me).

The Mountain isn't so much suspenseful out of care for his lame ass (sorry to MH, Oberyn is much more interesting imo).
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I hate Cersei and her stupid smug smile.

That bitch.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
That episode sums up the show pretty well. Bunch of boring talking, then 2 minutes of the episode is something crazy happening. Everyone talks about the crazy thing that happened, no one discusses all the boring talking that happened.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Hey how about all that talking guys? I thought the talking was really well done in this episode.

OK, but seriously Dany kicked Jorah to the curb!

Huge mistake and character flaw on her part. He'll redeem himself. She better show humility when he does, or she's a lost cause.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
pretty great dialogue from Dolorous Edd (the sourpuss guy on the Wall) per uge (uzhe? uje? i'm trying to shorten "usual")

also pretty important scene with Jorah Mormont leaving Dany (I WONDER WHERE JORAH IS GOING TO GO YOU GUYS)

the Grey Worm / Missandei thing is pretty dumb, could deal without

i loved the 17 minute beetle smashing story, Tyrion  :dubious:

The Theon/Reek stuff is fantastic.

Boltons!  :curse:

Sansa!  :love:

I really thought there was going to be some point to the beetle story and he was going to have figured out why the guy was killing beetles by the end of it, but no.

It was supposed to be an eloquent way of saying some people just kill things and there is no reason it's just in their nature, or something, but it came off as kind of a dumb long story.

The allegory was nice, but I just enjoyed the brotherly memories/ conversation so near a presumable death. The worm/ Missandei was def  :dunno:, then .

Love the rest though. I'm loving the dialogue.

Sansa is definitely worst to near first in my book.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Yeah if you don't like the (extremely well-crafted) dialogue you really might as well not watch, because it's admittedly 90% of the show.

Yes.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Red Viper reads goEMAW.com

Quote from: Pedro Pascal
Buds.

:love:

http://instagram.com/pascalispunk

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
that picture leads me to believe that hafthor could really pop that dudes head in irl

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So awesome. I was thinking yesterday how much I'd love to have my head smashed on a tv show. That would be like the greatest day of my life.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I'd let Hafthor handhug my head.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Hey how about all that talking guys? I thought the talking was really well done in this episode.

Huge mistake and character flaw on her part. He'll redeem himself. She better show humility when he does, or she's a lost cause.

How is that a character flaw on Dany's part? She just found out that her most trusted advisor was once a spy. If anything, her character flaw was not ending Jorah's throat.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

I'd be afraid to shake hands with Hafthor, let alone let him handhug my head.  :runaway:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

I'd be afraid to shake hands with Hafthor, let alone let him handhug my head.  :runaway:

pfftt... gentle giant.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here's a picture of Hafthor re-racking one of my weights for me.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
did he really need to crush his head?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
so did a bro basically get american history x'd but with hands instead of feet and no curb?  seems mean

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so did a bro basically get american history x'd but with hands instead of feet and no curb?  seems mean

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

How is that a character flaw on Dany's part? She just found out that her most trusted advisor was once a spy. If anything, her character flaw was not ending Jorah's throat.

She's supposed to be a queen. She's supposed to use reason and mercy, use a little empathy. Jorah may have started out as a spy for Varys, but he didn't know her at that point. He's done nothing but support her for the longest time and also swore fealty to her. Out of all Daenerys' advisors, Jorah is the most trustworthy despite being a former spy. That's the rub.

It's true that she did show some restraint by not killing him instantly as she'd done so many times, but that's only a slight improvement to her black/ white line of thought when it comes to most situations.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She's supposed to be a queen. She's supposed to use reason and mercy, use a little empathy. Jorah may have started out as a spy for Varys, but he didn't know her at that point. He's done nothing but support her for the longest time and also swore fealty to her. Out of all Daenerys' advisors, Jorah is the most trustworthy despite being a former spy. That's the rub.

It's true that she did show some restraint by not killing him instantly as she'd done so many times, but that's only a slight improvement to her black/ white line of thought when it comes to most situations.

She showed a lot of restraint by not killing him. He probably caused the death of her child because Varys/Tywin probably sent that witch lady who "cursed" her child. And then almost caused her death with that poisoned wine.

Yeah, it's only hurting her in the end because it had Tywin's intended consequence of removing her adviser from her, but can you really blame her?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Varys is pro-Targ in all respects.  He is not bros with Tywin.  Mirri Maz Duur was operating of her own accord.  Bad crap happens unrelated to the Game occassionally imo.  None of this is spoilers btw it's opinion.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Varys is pro-Targ in all respects.  He is not bros with Tywin.  Mirri Maz Duur was operating of her own accord.  Bad crap happens unrelated to the Game occassionally imo.  None of this is spoilers btw it's opinion.

Wasn't all of Jorah's info going through Varys?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yeah, I don't think the witch had anything to do with jorah
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No way Varys could have known that Khal Drogo would have been cut in a fight and have a festering wound. That his a huge stretch.