Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369414 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
could they frame Robin for the murder? what would happen then?

What would his motive be? Sour milk?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
could they frame Robin for the murder? what would happen then?

What would his motive be? Sour milk?

batshit crazyness. oedipussian jealosy most likely

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I could see that Peter might have thought he could just lie and say it was an accident or that he was saving Sansa, Sansa would back it up with her eye witness account, then he would tell Robin what to do.  I'd be surprised if he offs Robin because then he would have to worry about an adult.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Does he need to get rid of robin to clear his way to sansa tho

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why would he? Lysa was the only one pushing to have Robin marry Sansa.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Why would he? Lysa was the only one pushing to have Robin marry Sansa.

k. didn't know if they were officially "promised" or whatever

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
She's still wed to Tyrion at this point.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

oooooooh yeah

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Never consummated, though.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

I think Peter assumes that Tyrion will die though. . .so that could still be an option.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Unless there's something they haven't talked about yet in the show, there's not a reason for Baelish to kill off Robin Arryn.

Baelish is now the Lord Protector of the Vale until Robin comes of age, so he's in control for the forseeable future. 

The assumption is that the north will rally around the Starks when the time comes, so as long as he holds on to Sansa, he'd have control over Winterfell as well.

He has control of 2/7 kingdoms now (Harrenhall, the Eyrie), with eventual plans on the third (Winterfell).  He's got to be playing the long game, but I can't see what he would go for after Winterfell, maybe Riverrun?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Unless there's something they haven't talked about yet in the show, there's not a reason for Baelish to kill off Robin Arryn.

Baelish is now the Lord Protector of the Vale until Robin comes of age, so he's in control for the forseeable future. 

The assumption is that the north will rally around the Starks when the time comes, so as long as he holds on to Sansa, he'd have control over Winterfell as well.

He has control of 2/7 kingdoms now (Harrenhall, the Eyrie), with eventual plans on the third (Winterfell).  He's got to be playing the long game, but I can't see what he would go for after Winterfell, maybe Riverrun?

Harrenhal is not one of the seven kingdoms. The kingdoms, and their seats, are as follows: The North, Winterfell; The Iron Islands, Pyke; The Riverlands (Harrenhal is located here), Riverrun; The Vale, the Eyrie; The Westerlands, Casterly Rock; The Reach, Highgarden; The Stormlands, Storm's End.

Dorne was added as the eight kingdom sometime later. The region where King's Landing is locatede is referred to as the Crownlands.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was hoping it'd be Jamie vs tyrions friend as illogical as that'd be.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Harrenhal is not one of the seven kingdoms. The kingdoms, and their seats, are as follows: The North, Winterfell; The Iron Islands, Pyke; The Riverlands (Harrenhal is located here), Riverrun; The Vale, the Eyrie; The Westerlands, Casterly Rock; The Reach, Highgarden; The Stormlands, Storm's End.

Dorne was added as the eight kingdom sometime later. The region where King's Landing is locatede is referred to as the Crownlands.

this is the kind of crap I need the book people for  :thumbs:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I want to see casterly rock.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would think that Littlefinger would not want anyone to know he has Sansa otherwise he would be implicated in Joffrey's murder. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would think that Littlefinger would not want anyone to know he has Sansa otherwise he would be implicated in Joffrey's murder.

For the time being that is correct; but she might be useful later - maybe after the Lannisters are out of power.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

For the time being that is correct; but she might be useful later - maybe after the Lannisters are out of power.

tread lightly

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Wasn't Harrenhall (despite being a crumbing castle) given control of the Riverlands after Riverrun rebelled with the North?  Or did the Lannisters give it to Walder Frey?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

Ok. . . .So he would potentially control The North, The Riverlands, and The Vale? He is going about this much smarter than Rob.  I just googled a map of Westeros. . .man the North is a huge chunk of it. I feel like knowing that shifts how powerful Winterfell should be. . and how sad it is that i is no longer controlled by the Starks. What is the viable next move then? The Iron Islands are about to be messed up by Reek causing trouble.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only stable kingdom right now is The Reach. All of the others are in varying states of disarray.

Harrenhal became "the seat" of the Riverlands after it was given to Petyr by Joffrey. House Tully did not go the way of House Reyne. The curse of Harren the Black ought to right things sometime in the future. *not a spoiler of any sort*

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ok. . . .So he would potentially control The North, The Riverlands, and The Vale? He is going about this much smarter than Rob.  I just googled a map of Westeros. . .man the North is a huge chunk of it. I feel like knowing that shifts how powerful Winterfell should be. . and how sad it is that i is no longer controlled by the Starks. What is the viable next move then? The Iron Islands are about to be messed up by Reek causing trouble.

Yeah, but no one wants to live in the North because it is so cold and because that's the first place that Wildlings (and Wights) attack when they come south of the Wall.

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Actually, Dorne is one of the seven kingdoms. The Iron Islands combined with the Riverlands as "The Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers" when the Iron Borne conquered the Riverlands before the Targaryens showed up and took over. So the Seven Kingdoms weren't the Seven Kingdoms until Dorne was brought into the realm with the marriage between the Martells and Targaryens brought it in diplomatically.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Actually, Dorne is one of the seven kingdoms. The Iron Islands combined with the Riverlands as "The Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers" when the Iron Borne conquered the Riverlands before the Targaryens showed up and took over. So the Seven Kingdoms weren't the Seven Kingdoms until Dorne was brought into the realm with the marriage between the Martells and Targaryens brought it in diplomatically.

Dorne maybe included as one of the seven kingdoms, but the Targaryen conquest split The Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers into two distinct kingdoms. Dorne was added as the eighth two centuries later.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

My gripe about new mountain is he looks too nice and cuddly, the other guys looked like total assholes

for reference

Hafthor is by far the most physically able to portray the character and will look the most natural swinging a giant claymore around. The Mountain is supposed to be giant and freakishly athletic and he will nail both of those aspects. Conan probably had a better face and demeanor but that is much less important than the physicality of the role. Idk WTF they were thinking with that twit in the second season, just awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk