Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369430 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So apparently the White Walker storyline has already advanced farther than the books. It will be nice when more of that happens. Still think it was super mean to abandon and then kill that baby, though. This show has a real baby killing problem. Otherwise it's awesome.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
So apparently the White Walker storyline has already advanced farther than the books. It will be nice when more of that happens. Still think it was super mean to abandon and then kill that baby, though. This show has a real baby killing problem. Otherwise it's awesome.

Did the baby die, or did it morph into a WW? Seems to be a difference...

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

This show kills a lot of babies, but this wasn't one of them. I have no doubt this baby will have a better life with the WWs than those murdery raperly pervos.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This show kills a lot of babies, but this wasn't one of them. I have no doubt this baby will have a better life with the WWs than those murdery raperly pervos.

I don't know, if I were the baby I think I'd opt for the murdery rapey pervos. Seems like a quick death would be better than becoming an ice zombie. Besides, Jon Snow is about to kick some rapey ass, I think.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
@joda, have you read the books?

Yes. I have other issues with those scenes from a book to TV sense. But I'm alright with those. What bothered me is that is that it wasn't a very well thought out plot line.

I'm speculating that a certain mysterious character from the books, who has yet to appear in the show, is going to show up at Craster's Keep before Jon gets a chance to see Bran. I don't see another option without completely veering off from the story line.

I'm interested to see what they are doing with Locke. The book character he is largely based on (Vargo Hoat) never made it north of Harrenhal and I can't think of another role that they would be combining it with.

That certain character has not been cast yet, so it would be surprising if they showed up (however a certain "friend" of that character has been cast, so maybe...)

PM me or text me. I don't know what you're talking about. I doubt they would announce that they cast the character that I have in mind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't think saying "cold hands" is any spoiler

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

Yes. I have other issues with those scenes from a book to TV sense. But I'm alright with those. What bothered me is that is that it wasn't a very well thought out plot line.

I'm speculating that a certain mysterious character from the books, who has yet to appear in the show, is going to show up at Craster's Keep before Jon gets a chance to see Bran. I don't see another option without completely veering off from the story line.

I'm interested to see what they are doing with Locke. The book character he is largely based on (Vargo Hoat) never made it north of Harrenhal and I can't think of another role that they would be combining it with.

That certain character has not been cast yet, so it would be surprising if they showed up (however a certain "friend" of that character has been cast, so maybe...)

PM me or text me. I don't know what you're talking about. I doubt they would announce that they cast the character that I have in mind.

Bloodraven has been cast. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
this is a thread for people who haven't read the books, i'm going to start deleting crap.  stop talking about the books you rough ridin' downgrades. good god, we're all glad you spent the past 5 years reading these nerdfest books.  now shut up.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Who's Bloodraven? (Not serious, but seems like a good topic for the new book AND show thread)

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Hey @joda, I'm not going to PM =Mods?= and RowdyBoyy to ban you from this thread just yet, but good grief. If you find yourself posting in this thread and you think about typing the word "book" in any way, or if you think about mentioning someone who hasn't appeared in the TV show, just don't post. No one in this thread wants to read about what's happening in the books. Zip it. #Team #Clams

In other news, if any of you have long commutes or do a lot of dishes, there's a podcast called Cast of Thrones that is decent. It does a good job of not spoiling anything (unlike Known Ruiner of Fun Joda) and is mildly entertaining. It's PG-13, though, so don't listen to it around the little ones.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

I can't really reply to this without spoiling anything. I think you and @seven are likely right, but that's really just speculation.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey @joda, I'm not going to PM =Mods?= and RowdyBoyy to ban you from this thread just yet, but good grief. If you find yourself posting in this thread and you think about typing the word "book" in any way, or if you think about mentioning someone who hasn't appeared in the TV show, just don't post. No one in this thread wants to read about what's happening in the books. Zip it. #Team #Clams

In other news, if any of you have long commutes or do a lot of dishes, there's a podcast called Cast of Thrones that is decent. It does a good job of not spoiling anything (unlike Known Ruiner of Fun Joda) and is mildly entertaining. It's PG-13, though, so don't listen to it around the little ones.

Hey dumbfuck, how bout you learn to read

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

:runaway: =MODS?=! RowdyBoyy!  :runaway:

Hey, Known Bad Poster Joda--here are two threads you would probably like:
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=32044.msg1103285#msg1103285
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=25407.msg1087186#msg1087186

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:runaway: =MODS?=! RowdyBoyy!  :runaway:

Hey, Known Bad Poster Joda--here are two threads you would probably like:
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=32044.msg1103285#msg1103285
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=25407.msg1087186#msg1087186

Oh hey, look who started that first one you linked and was encouraging moving the discussion there. Again learn to read.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Alright, let's lighten the mood with a little racial humor. Is it racist that the only black guy in GOT is a pirate (the gangbangers of the medieval times)?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Alright, let's lighten the mood with a little racial humor. Is it racist that the only black guy in GOT is a pirate (the gangbangers of the medieval times)?

The qarth ponzi schemer was a black guy.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So is Grey Worm, since they mentioned he was from the Summer Isles in the last episode (Which is where black people are from in ASOIAF canon)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So is Grey Worm, since they mentioned he was from the Summer Isles in the last episode (Which is where black people are from in ASOIAF canon)

Aww yes. Forgot about grey worm. great guy, that grey worm.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of the Unsullied - what's the deal? Seems like castration would seriously reduce testosterone and not be a good thing for soldiers. Right?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of the Unsullied - what's the deal? Seems like castration would seriously reduce testosterone and not be a good thing for soldiers. Right?
Its why they are dispatched in groups.  A single Unsullied might be slender and have a beautiful singing voice, and match poorly in a 1:1 fight, a group of them fighting in a disciplined fashion is far more formidable than a collection of brawlers.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Ser Pounce yet?  :love:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Ser Pounce yet?  :love:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why the eff is there 2 GOT threads? Time to do some spring cleaning, flip a coin and delete one.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why the eff is there 2 GOT threads? Time to do some spring cleaning, flip a coin and delete one.

JFC, there's 3.  :curse:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

JFC, there's 3.  :curse:
Book people, Show People, and Combo People can't get along.